Photo

Anyone Lost Extra Lbs Post Cymbolta Use?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 imscared

imscared

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    need info

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

[size="2"]I'm new here. i had no idea that weaning off of cymbolta could be trickie? Now i'm scared and more eager to try being off of this stuff. I've been on cymbolta and wellbutrin three years. I think my moods are stable but I'm very lethargic, unmotivated and I've gained 35 lbs. Big deal as I am a former dancer with a 5'3'' frame. cant even begin to face any exercise regime when the only clothes that fit are my sweatpants and husbands Ts. I look aweful and feel worse. Two Drs have said that I should be feeling more energenic and probably should have lost weight with this med combo. My current doc. thinks perhaps we should taper off the Cymbolta-currently 60 mg and see how it goes. I'll go slowly and keep posting but I am nervous. Is anyone feeling Better off this stuff? Has anyone noticed significant weight Loss?

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

[size="2"]I'm new here. i had no idea that weaning off of cymbolta could be trickie? Now i'm scared and more eager to try being off of this stuff. I've been on cymbolta and wellbutrin three years. I think my moods are stable but I'm very lethargic, unmotivated and I've gained 35 lbs. Big deal as I am a former dancer with a 5'3'' frame. cant even begin to face any exercise regime when the only clothes that fit are my sweatpants and husbands Ts. I look aweful and feel worse. Two Drs have said that I should be feeling more energenic and probably should have lost weight with this med combo. My current doc. thinks perhaps we should taper off the Cymbolta-currently 60 mg and see how it goes. I'll go slowly and keep posting but I am nervous. Is anyone feeling Better off this stuff? Has anyone noticed significant weight Loss?

Lots of people have reported the sorts of side effects you're experiencing. I wasn't on it for long enough to comment, but on Lexapro i certainly found my enthusiasm for exercise was diminished.

You may be one who doesn't experience any problems getting off Cymbalta. Just be aware that for those who DO, the withdrawal regime recommended by most doctors just doesn't work.

Many find that they can go down to 30mg without too much difficulty but then strike problems. Keep in touch here and let us know how you go.

It IS possible to just drop a mg or two at a time.

regards, Maureen.

#3 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

Dear ImScared:
I will tell you my story to see if it is helpful. I started taking cymbalta (antidepressant) and zyprexa (antipsychotic) 5 years ago. I gained 44 lbs in 3 months, and remained fat for all these years. I had always been a very thin, skinny person. I lost all my clothes. My friends and family started criticizing me, even my boss. I would explain to them that the pills had caused this increase in weight. They wouldn´t believe me. For many years I tried diet and exercise, but only lost a few lbs. Till I gave up, and said to myself that I would always be fat. After 5 years my doctor recommended me to stop zyprexa usage. At the time I was feeling really bad, so I went to get a blood test, in which they found that I had developed insulin resistance. Usually this type of pill get your glucose levels messed up. So I quit zyprexa, started to take a diabetic pill, started to exercise 5 times a week, eat very healthy. I lost 24 lbs in 3 months!!!!!!!!!! As I lost weight, i felt more energized, less depressed, my insulin improved, and people accept me more. I am less depressed because actually my body is healthier, but also because I lost weight. I´m still taking cymbalta, so I have the same question, if cymbalta dosage decrease will help to stabilize my metabolism. But I tell you the story of zyprexa because I think all these meds, affect our metabolism, sugar levels, etc. And once we get rid of them our bodies return to what they were.
(Although I still have to loose some more weight, to be as thin as before). Hope my story helped! and yes, and there is hope to regain your figure.
Hugs
C.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users