• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dee

dee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    Day 8 off of 60 that was taking for 2 years. I am mess cannot stop crying i am angry and ready to iunno just not fun :(

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

I found this site today thank god! I am still trying to figure out how it works and well figured I will try and make sense of my story. I was on 60 mg for 2 years and never felt any real benefits from being on it. I am in a abusive relationship so was taking the pills to cope. I am done lying down and want a clear head and my life back. Not to mention loose weight and not have blacks outs and fits of rage while on the medication.
Th first week I was dizzy and had bad tummy issues. Non stop has been rage and tears. I cry at commercials, songs, the sky, animals, reading basically everything is setting me off. I spent 1st part of my day to day in tears and sending hate emails to my family even though they deserved it. It is now after 9 pm and I am feeling ok actually no anger finally calm. I no feel confident or secure but I feel at peace for 1st time in iunno.
I want to know how much longer is withdrawl? can I expect headaches or would I have got them already? Will the paranoia and tears subside? Is it going to get worse before better or is day 10 a good day lol any input would be great ty!!Last night was firat night I slept ok in over a month too will that improve aswell?

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

I found this site today thank god! I am still trying to figure out how it works and well figured I will try and make sense of my story. I was on 60 mg for 2 years and never felt any real benefits from being on it. I am in a abusive relationship so was taking the pills to cope. I am done lying down and want a clear head and my life back. Not to mention loose weight and not have blacks outs and fits of rage while on the medication.
Th first week I was dizzy and had bad tummy issues. Non stop has been rage and tears. I cry at commercials, songs, the sky, animals, reading basically everything is setting me off. I spent 1st part of my day to day in tears and sending hate emails to my family even though they deserved it. It is now after 9 pm and I am feeling ok actually no anger finally calm. I no feel confident or secure but I feel at peace for 1st time in iunno.
I want to know how much longer is withdrawl? can I expect headaches or would I have got them already? Will the paranoia and tears subside? Is it going to get worse before better or is day 10 a good day lol any input would be great ty!!Last night was firat night I slept ok in over a month too will that improve aswell?

Hi Dee, as you're discovering, cold turkey ain't the best way to go. Even the drug companies themselves recommend tapering (although their suggestions often don't help people much).

If you're determined to continue with this, it's hard to say how long it will last - it's like asking how long is a piece of string. Some people can actually come off Cymbalta cold turkey without too many problems, others take months and months tapering down slowly.

Most cold turkey folk though find it takes around a month to feel civilized again. If you follow the posts of Doob, who has been posting his cold turkey experiences for several weeks
you'll get an idea.

Many also find taking Prozac at the same time dramatically reduces the withdrawal symptoms, and is then easier to get off afterwards.
regards, Maureen.

#3 dee

dee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    Day 8 off of 60 that was taking for 2 years. I am mess cannot stop crying i am angry and ready to iunno just not fun :(

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

I am a all or nothing girl. I stopped xanax 6 months ago cold turkey after becoming addicted to it for over 5 years at high amounts. That was bad but I hung in there. This is more of a depressing angry battle i am facing and paranoia is driving me batty. I did read Doobs posts and will blog my own aswell in hopes of helping and understanding this battle we face.

#4 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

I am a all or nothing girl. I stopped xanax 6 months ago cold turkey after becoming addicted to it for over 5 years at high amounts. That was bad but I hung in there. This is more of a depressing angry battle i am facing and paranoia is driving me batty. I did read Doobs posts and will blog my own aswell in hopes of helping and understanding this battle we face.

Hi dee,

a thousand congratulations on you Xanax win - wan an achievement!

Keep the Prozac idea in mind if you find the symptoms intolerable. I didn't use that method, but what impressed me were a few people who'd attempted to get off Cymbalta a few times without success, due to the awful withdrawal, and when they tried with Prozac, had few problems. The Prozac is then usually no problem to get off, once all symptoms have gone.

regards, Maureen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users