BradJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCovington, Tn
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta Withdrawals

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

Ok I have only been taking cymbalta for 2 months to help with my pain and depression. I have chronic pain that I have been dealing with for 6 years and my Dr. thought that cymbalta would help which it has but she told me nothing about the stupid side effects which I learned from the tv. She prescribed me 60 mg of cymbalta and I take pain meds on a daily basis which makes me freaking depressed and very moody. I am so tired of the buzzing in my head, suiside thoughts, sleeping all the time and being pissed off all the damn time. Today is the first day that I haven't takien cymbalta and I am so scared and I can't even think staight. My mind is going ninety to nothing. My wife doesn't know what to do give me a hug or run!!!! Can't say that i blame her. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Ok I have only been taking cymbalta for 2 months to help with my pain and depression. I have chronic pain that I have been dealing with for 6 years and my Dr. thought that cymbalta would help which it has but she told me nothing about the stupid side effects which I learned from the tv. She prescribed me 60 mg of cymbalta and I take pain meds on a daily basis which makes me freaking depressed and very moody. I am so tired of the buzzing in my head, suiside thoughts, sleeping all the time and being pissed off all the damn time. Today is the first day that I haven't takien cymbalta and I am so scared and I can't even think staight. My mind is going ninety to nothing. My wife doesn't know what to do give me a hug or run!!!! Can't say that i blame her. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad, stop beating yourself up about the fact that you've only taken it for two months. One of the regular posters here (Junior) only took it for 10 days and suffered awful withdrawal symptoms which lasted quite a few weeks. I was on 30mg for a month, 60mg for two weeks, then 30mg for a few weeks, then tried to do alternate days and found myself here.

You can get off Cymbalta without all of these symptoms, but you just have to do it slowly.

Not everyone has these problems. Don't be too hard on your doctor, they only know what the drug companies choose to tell them, save your anger for them.

It's important (if you want to avoid feeling like this) to go back on to the 60mg and wean down slowly, if you've got sufficient Cymbalta to do so. If you can get another prescription of it, even better. I'd be tempted to NOT tell the doctor what your plans are.

What we suggest here is not dangerous or foolhardy; the reason many professionals are opposed to it is because they say it's just not necessary. I think you'd agree with me that it jolly well IS sometimes necessary.

Despite the fact that you've only been on it for two months, you should allow at least another few months to taper down to zero, IF you don't want to suffer these withdrawal effects. It took me 10 weeks to go from 20mg to zero (once I finally worked out what I was doing wrong).

keep in touch here. You don't need to suffer, but it WILL take time.

regards, Maureen.

p.s. and try to encourage your wife to read some of these posts. She needs to know that most of us who've had problems withdrawing have been quite irrational at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users