God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

Dear BD:
It is nice to hear that your son didn´t have problems with cymbalta side effects and withdrawal. And it is so nice to hear that not all people feel the same way when quitting cymbalta. Even though cymbalta was an acceptable antidepressant to treat my depression and my weaning process has recently started I think that this site has helped me so much to learn about Cymbalta and how to lower the dose. I do not know how my body and brain is going to react with the dosage decrease, but I rather expect the worst. I think I have found on this site, a lot of information that my doctor never told me. And gives me base to be active in the decisions on my mental health. For example where I live there is only 60mg and 30mg presentations. So that means that if my doctor decided to drop my dosage it will be a huge drop. This site gives you tools on how taper off slowly, how to count beads, how many beads there are in each capsule, etc.
Again, it is nice to hear that not all people´s bodies react the same when quitting cymbalta.
Regards.
C.

#2 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

Why are you here? Who said we represent everyone? We are simply here to help one another with something desperately difficult for some of us. Everyone on this site, presumably, is seeking help and that's what it exists for. It's great that your son had positive experience -- a combination, no doubt, of his physiology and medical advice that worked for him. The medical advice I've had was, in one case, to quit Effexor cold turkey (Effexor is similar to Cymbalta) and in another case to reduce "slowly" but at a pace which turned out to be much too fast. If your son had had a different experience, it would have been good that you knew about this site, no? All the best and thank God there are people who give of their time to help others.

For those who are on the site - keep in mind you are here because you are having issues with this med. To state the obvious but an important comment, is those without issues don't come to sites like this. Why do I say this. Not to put you the reader down but to put it in perspective. By definition only people with issues or concerns are here.

You may have problems getting off, you may not, but looking at this site one would conclude that almost everyone does, and that is not the case. I am here because my son took Cymbalta for two year with only minor side effects. His doctor tapered him off slowly and with only minor issues once again. We looked at this site before he started and it was valuable but raised concerns that turned out not to well founded in our case.

I understand everyone is different - I just want you to understand that the entire universe of Cymbalta takers are not represented here.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users