amanda21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOntario
  • why_joining:
    weaning off cymbalta and its driving me crazy..need help

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:46 AM

I was just wondering if anyone knows if all the beads in cymbalta are exactly the same? Or are they different chemically? Just because i would like to try this method, but what if the beads are different and every capsule we make ourselves is not balanced... Know what i mean?
Thanks for any answers :)

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

Dear Amanda:
Chemically speaking the beads are the same (they all contain same ingredients). However from what I´ve seen the sizes of beads sometimes differ (just a little). I do not think there is a problem of capsules not being balanced. For example: if you take a 30mg and divided in half, the worst thing can happen is that you take 14.5mg one day and 15.5mg the other. At the end one days complement the other, so don´t worry.
Hope this helps,
C.

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knows if all the beads in cymbalta are exactly the same? Or are they different chemically? Just because i would like to try this method, but what if the beads are different and every capsule we make ourselves is not balanced... Know what i mean?

What cookie said :)

They are variable sizes, but because there are so many, the average is going to be the same once you've divided them.

When you compare this method with the one recommended by the drug company you're still miles ahead anyway.

regards, Maureen.

#4 guildfounder

guildfounder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I weaned off cymbalta

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

With my Doctors blessing I opened a cap and counted all the grains, there were 277, I then removed 35 grains from 4 caps, 4 days later I removed 70 grains from each the next 4 caps then 105, then 140 in other words I spend 4 days each adjusting to the new lower level and then reduced my dose again by a fairly accurate method (35 grains) and I had my husband and eldest daughter keep an eye on my attitude. I thought I was a bit grouchy on the first day of each reduction but they thought I was fine. Using this method I weaned totally off in 1 month with out any problems at all- during or after! NO WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS! I'm glad I went on it (I needed it then) I glad I used this method to wean off and I'm still doing well with life in general 1 year later.

#5 amanda21

amanda21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOntario
  • why_joining:
    weaning off cymbalta and its driving me crazy..need help

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

Thank you thank you thank you :) Im definitely going to wean this way. Ive tried cold turkey, ive tried every other day and every third day. All with no success, This method just makes more sense.

Thanks for your replies!

#6 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

Thank you thank you thank you :) Im definitely going to wean this way. Ive tried cold turkey, ive tried every other day and every third day. All with no success, This method just makes more sense.

Thanks for your replies!

Good luck, and stay in touch ...

regards, Maureen.

#7 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:19 PM