• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Meg

Meg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have taken Cymbalta for two months now, and I stopped taking my 60mg dose cold turkey...I now know what the Catholic interpretation of hell feels like.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:24 AM

Hey everyone I'm brand new on here!! I'm Meg a 20 year old girl in college. I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and was severely depressed. I was first put on 10mg of Lexapro, this did nothing for me. I was then put on 20mg of Cymbalta and worked my way up to 60mg. I have been on the 60mg for about two weeks, and I think it is making everything 10 times worse than it already is. So, I took it upon myself to get off this drug. I had no idea that there were withdrawal symptoms. After three days of going off the drug, I got up and this dizzy feeling would not leave. I really didn't pay attention to it and I went to sleep. After sleeping 17 plus hours I woke up shaking. I wasn't cold; I just could not stop shaking. I called my doctor and he told me it was probably the Cymbalta, and I got a long lecture on how stupid I was for stopping it. He told me to take another 60mg and come in on Monday. I never really liked him, so now I have taken one 30mg and am on a quest for a new doctor. The shaking finally stopped, but I'm still extremely dizzy. It's like when my eyes focus on one thing like the t.v. all the other stuff around it becomes kind of dark. Driving is a nightmare I can't look at the road then look at the speedometer without my eyes taking forever to readjust. Anyway, this has been my experience with the drug. I think my plan is to go as long as I can without the Cymbalta and then take a 20mg when it gets unbearable. Then keep doing that but decreasing the 20mg. This plan probably isn't the smartest, but its all I can do until finding another doctor. Hope everything goes well for everyone out there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users