• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dizzy1981

dizzy1981

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    i have got an anxiety disorder which has improved with duloxetine, i have been on this now for 2 years 30mg .. i have had eough ofthe side effects including faint, weight gain, muscle spasms, grinding teeth, bowel problems and stomach isues and kidney issue.. i want to come off it.. i no longer want to be on this drug causes vertigo walking problems distubed vision and ive had enough .. i ned support and advice and help as il be seeing my doctor about withdrawing from this.. i know that coming off duloxetine is not going to be easy.. and i ned to speak to others as it could trigger anxiety again ...

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

iam on duloxetine 30 mg and have been now for two years for panic attacks. I have had a number of side effects while on these and im freightened as they are becoming increasingly difficult to cope with.
weight gain
night attacks where you feel you blod pressure drop and you faint
tiredness
bowel/stomach problems
walking problems like when i walk can end up waling realy fast and seehe floor move or swirl
visual disturbances
feeling hot
funny pain from my head down my neck
jerking
muscle twitching
grinding teth at night
jerking and movement of legs
mood swings.. elated then feeling low
extreme tiredness
and im not sure if its related but chronic kidnet disease stage 3a which the docs didnt tell me about but i saw it on m screen...

and finally vertigo and have been given medication or verigo since being on these tablets..
i want to comof them.. m axiety is around my sie effects now as i feel faint and see the floor move in the street when im walking.. or hyper active then tired.. causes my anxiety..

has anyone been on 30mg for this amount of time and what was it like coming off them... i really cant stand it any more : ~(( and has anyone else been getting hse effects?

kat

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

iam on duloxetine 30 mg and have been now for two years for panic attacks. I have had a number of side effects while on these and im freightened as they are becoming increasingly difficult to cope with.
weight gain
night attacks where you feel you blod pressure drop and you faint
tiredness
bowel/stomach problems
walking problems like when i walk can end up waling realy fast and seehe floor move or swirl
visual disturbances
feeling hot
funny pain from my head down my neck
jerking
muscle twitching
grinding teth at night
jerking and movement of legs
mood swings.. elated then feeling low
extreme tiredness
and im not sure if its related but chronic kidnet disease stage 3a which the docs didnt tell me about but i saw it on m screen...

and finally vertigo and have been given medication or verigo since being on these tablets..
i want to comof them.. m axiety is around my sie effects now as i feel faint and see the floor move in the street when im walking.. or hyper active then tired.. causes my anxiety..

has anyone been on 30mg for this amount of time and what was it like coming off them... i really cant stand it any more : ~(( and has anyone else been getting hse effects?

kat

If you were put on Cymbalta for panic attacks, they WILL return when you stop taking it, unless you've had help dealing with what caused them in the first place.

Other than that, wean off slowly if you want to come off it. There are thousands of posts on this board which will tell you how.

regards, Maureen.

#3 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

Dear Dizzy
I have been on cymbalta 60mg for 5 years. (higher dosage and longer time than you).
While on the drug, I had very few side effects. It sounds that the medicine was worse for you than the illness???
You´ve had many side effects. I will comment in the ones I know about or have experienced.
1. Weight gain: I gained 52lbs in a very short time after starting cymbalta and another medicine. The good news is, that with a very strict diet and exercise plan you can loose the weight again. I have lost 26lbs in 4 months. What I do advise is to check your glucose/insulin levels.
2. Night attacks: Umm, I think the night attacks are not caused by duloxetine. I think panic attacks are the illness. Years ago I was a panic attack sufferer (It´s been years that I do not suffer from them anymore). And even though I took medicines for treating panic attacks I still got them.
3. Extreme tiredness: I suffer from it. This is something that has been a constant throughout my treatment with cymbalta.
4. Feeling hot: I didn´t feel hot while taking cymbalta but I have been feeling hot and sweating a lot since I reduced the dosage.
5. Movement of legs: I have it too!.
6. Mood swings: I haven´t had mood swings. I think it is better to have a constant mood than it is to have mood swings. In my case I tell you that I rather be depressed and low, than changing moods and not knowing how I will feel next time. It worries me that you say you are hiperactive then tired. It is important to stabilize your mood.
7. Chronic kidney disease: check on the package of duloxetine if it warns about it.
I do not know about the other side effects.
Maybe I am not the best person to tell you about withdrawal because I recently started reducing dose. However I have read that the best option is to go real slow, although there is people that have gone cold turkey.
It is good that you are only taking 30mg (not 60mg like me!!!).
Hugs
Cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users