#1 SundayGirl

SundayGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    Coming off cymbalta after 3 years

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

An untimely miscarriage (in the midst of a lot of other sh1t) is what brought me to cymbalta. That was almost three YEARS ago, and I am only now mourning my loss (FINALLY).

I've had several in my second trimester. It's just the worst heartbreak ever.

Hang in there!

#2 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

Body aches/pains seem to be common. I can't remember who posted it, but they said that things like this will "attack" a weak spot in your body. I have osteoarthritis in both ankles. My right one required surgery last June. There was literally NO post-op pain with that (totally shocking to me as a vet of 3 foot operations). However since I've been doing the w/d - both my ankles hurt like mad!

I am so sorry for all of your losses. I can't even imagine. Keep hangin' in!

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

Body aches/pains seem to be common. I can't remember who posted it, but they said that things like this will "attack" a weak spot in your body. I have osteoarthritis in both ankles. My right one required surgery last June. There was literally NO post-op pain with that (totally shocking to me as a vet of 3 foot operations). However since I've been doing the w/d - both my ankles hurt like mad!

I am so sorry for all of your losses. I can't even imagine. Keep hangin' in!

it was possibly me who made mention of the pain. I'm 57, and I had pain in places I hadn't had it in for over 40 years! I also had pubic bone pain, and the only other time I've had that was when I was pregnant around 20 years ago.

My GP explained that because Cymbalta is used for pain control, it actually 'targets' those weak areas. When you remove it from your body, your body's 'natural' pain control has kind of 'handed over' to Cymbalta and when you remove the Cymbalta, and pain you've ever had returns. (This is a very garbled version of what she said!!)

It's an interesting exercise for all of us to make note of the places that hurt, cos chances are they're the places that are 'weak' in your body, and you may need to remember to be kind to those spots.

regards, Maureen.

#4 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

Thanks Maureen! My short term memory is also out of whack from this stuff. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users