Photo

Ready To Start My Journey, Wish Me Luck!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta, from 60 mg. to 30 mg., now 40 (20 2x/day). I have been on Nutrisystem and have this theory that Cymbalta is "struggling" with my new, healthier eating habits. I need help, guidance and boatloads on info on this angle of my story. I am also taking supplements. Epilepsy after Wellbutrin XR made me lose control of my newborn daughter, which fell headfirst on the ground (thank God for the fluffy carpet!)

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hi, I am the woman that's on Nutrisystem and has had some additional side effects, along with the weight loss. I had one hell of a time meeting the *new* psycho. Don't.Like.Him.At.All! Especially when he broke this commandment: You don't badmouth or criticize the doctor before you. That's when I had it. Could not take a joke, so I guess HE needed Midol, if ykwim B) .

I have visited often the Road Back program, so I ordered both books and the supplements. Along with this diet I am taking similar supplements, i.e., barley, Omega 3-6-9, multivitamin, and other stuff that does not harm me at all. So I am kinda satisfied that I am somehow on a nice pathway to a good start.

Trick is, I take this thing twice a day, one in the morning/midday and one in the evening. No way no how I will taper off Klonopin and Lamictal, unless my neuro okays it due to blood sample tests. Seizures with two young kids are no fun. I've had two, or one of those drop seizures from Cymbalta. But I definitely have some sort of seizure disorder.

What I plan to do is to start taper on the evening capsule. My family practitioner okays the tapering, but wants me to get a hold of the doc that is not in that office anymore (??) They will check with me in a month, after I stated them clearly what I went through and that I didn't want to go back to that office and deal with that psycho.

If there are any additional links to other websites, I'll appreciate it. I have a naturalist in the area but she won't take me off meds, she just balances the body so meds work more effectively.

Thanks for reading, and cheer me up...last time there was a change in my meds, I wondered off the house and didn't tell anybody-I just wanted to be alone...my family was searching for me for three hours.

#2 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta, from 60 mg. to 30 mg., now 40 (20 2x/day). I have been on Nutrisystem and have this theory that Cymbalta is "struggling" with my new, healthier eating habits. I need help, guidance and boatloads on info on this angle of my story. I am also taking supplements. Epilepsy after Wellbutrin XR made me lose control of my newborn daughter, which fell headfirst on the ground (thank God for the fluffy carpet!)

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

test

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi, I am the woman that's on Nutrisystem and has had some additional side effects, along with the weight loss. I had one hell of a time meeting the *new* psycho. Don't.Like.Him.At.All! Especially when he broke this commandment: You don't badmouth or criticize the doctor before you. That's when I had it. Could not take a joke, so I guess HE needed Midol, if ykwim B) .

I have visited often the Road Back program, so I ordered both books and the supplements. Along with this diet I am taking similar supplements, i.e., barley, Omega 3-6-9, multivitamin, and other stuff that does not harm me at all. So I am kinda satisfied that I am somehow on a nice pathway to a good start.

Trick is, I take this thing twice a day, one in the morning/midday and one in the evening. No way no how I will taper off Klonopin and Lamictal, unless my neuro okays it due to blood sample tests. Seizures with two young kids are no fun. I've had two, or one of those drop seizures from Cymbalta. But I definitely have some sort of seizure disorder.

What I plan to do is to start taper on the evening capsule. My family practitioner okays the tapering, but wants me to get a hold of the doc that is not in that office anymore (??) They will check with me in a month, after I stated them clearly what I went through and that I didn't want to go back to that office and deal with that psycho.

If there are any additional links to other websites, I'll appreciate it. I have a naturalist in the area but she won't take me off meds, she just balances the body so meds work more effectively.

Thanks for reading, and cheer me up...last time there was a change in my meds, I wondered off the house and didn't tell anybody-I just wanted to be alone...my family was searching for me for three hours.

This is the thread you mentioned?

Good Luck!

You do know all about opening capsules etc if you need to, and dividing doses etc??

regards, Maureen.

#4 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Don't think I will be able to do this tonight. Husband is skeptic to the extreme (and I don't blame him) but it is frustrating to be 13 years on antidepressants. I got upset and he believes the diet is causing all these things (will mention them later) and I should wait or something...I told him to call the hotline tomorrow for The Road Back.

Don't know if I will ever do this with his approval (he said he supports me but I dunno :( )

#5 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

This is the thread you mentioned?

Good Luck!

You do know all about opening capsules etc if you need to, and dividing doses etc??

regards, Maureen.

Yes I did, it added up to 180 beads (I like to call them pellets, reminds me a bit of Beta fish food). Way hard to do! But he does not believe "in anything", meaning fraud, Internet people, and such.

So perhaps am toast, we'll see. :( <_<

#6 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:03 AM

Yes I did, it added up to 180 beads (I like to call them pellets, reminds me a bit of Beta fish food). Way hard to do! But he does not believe "in anything", meaning fraud, Internet people, and such.

So perhaps am toast, we'll see. :( <_<

o.k. keep us posted,

regards, Maureen.

#7 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta, from 60 mg. to 30 mg., now 40 (20 2x/day). I have been on Nutrisystem and have this theory that Cymbalta is &quot;struggling&quot; with my new, healthier eating habits. I need help, guidance and boatloads on info on this angle of my story. I am also taking supplements. Epilepsy after Wellbutrin XR made me lose control of my newborn daughter, which fell headfirst on the ground (thank God for the fluffy carpet!)

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

o.k. keep us posted,

regards, Maureen.

Thanks.

I had to put everything on hold, since I have a sinus infection and I am taking antibiotics. In the meantime, I have to find another psycho that can work with me with The Road Back, got books and supplements and got a compound pharmacy 10 minutes from home. YAY!!!! The only mild twist is finding the doctor, b/c some have a time period where they take in new patients. And of course, nobody with an attitude.

The antibiotic from what I talked about today with my MIL is intensifying all the meds. I have felt super dumb (I call it like it is); I had to be explained 3-4 times how to get to the parade and the second location where to park the car.

On top of that, for whatever reason I can't figure out, my hair has gone into shock again and is falling like crazy. Don't get me wrong I got plenty but it is very frustrating to hear the breakage and to see the rest rooted out. It's like being back on Lexapro, which had that same side effect. The eczema on my hands that started to spread to my arms (mild) but still. It is stressful, I am still on my diet and I won't quit that, plus taking my supplements.

That's one reason why my husband is very skeptical about tapering right now. Something's wrong with my body that we can't finger point. Lamictal's count level is normal so the meds are ok on the neurologist's end. Once I get off the antibiotics then I can assess if my Dory-like memory will come back or if it will worsen. I am seriously consider applying for disability.

Will it be somewhat easier to get disability because of my condition? What are your thoughts? I am not in the position of taking advantage of the system; I simply cannot work like I used to because I can't remind bosses anything-I can't do this for myself! I do have some skills but I can't pinpoint how to use them best.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to give you an update here. It might be a couple of weeks, depending on how we see my body re-bounce.

#8 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

Thanks.

I had to put everything on hold, since I have a sinus infection and I am taking antibiotics. In the meantime, I have to find another psycho that can work with me with The Road Back, got books and supplements and got a compound pharmacy 10 minutes from home. YAY!!!! The only mild twist is finding the doctor, b/c some have a time period where they take in new patients. And of course, nobody with an attitude.

The antibiotic from what I talked about today with my MIL is intensifying all the meds. I have felt super dumb (I call it like it is); I had to be explained 3-4 times how to get to the parade and the second location where to park the car.

On top of that, for whatever reason I can't figure out, my hair has gone into shock again and is falling like crazy. Don't get me wrong I got plenty but it is very frustrating to hear the breakage and to see the rest rooted out. It's like being back on Lexapro, which had that same side effect. The eczema on my hands that started to spread to my arms (mild) but still. It is stressful, I am still on my diet and I won't quit that, plus taking my supplements.

That's one reason why my husband is very skeptical about tapering right now. Something's wrong with my body that we can't finger point. Lamictal's count level is normal so the meds are ok on the neurologist's end. Once I get off the antibiotics then I can assess if my Dory-like memory will come back or if it will worsen. I am seriously consider applying for disability.

Will it be somewhat easier to get disability because of my condition? What are your thoughts? I am not in the position of taking advantage of the system; I simply cannot work like I used to because I can't remind bosses anything-I can't do this for myself! I do have some skills but I can't pinpoint how to use them best.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to give you an update here. It might be a couple of weeks, depending on how we see my body re-bounce.

Befuddled brain is a classic symptom of withdrawal reported almost universally by those who've had problems withdrawing from Cymbalta.

In fact, brain fog is the very reason I didn't stop cold turkey at 10mg, and instead continued tapering 1mg at a time down to 1mg before stopping.

When I stopped at 10mg, I made so many mistakes that day (I'm self employed) I reckon I ended up with more work needing to be done at the end of the day than at the beginning. I can't tell you how many pieces of paper I mislaid that day. My handbag. My keys. My head. Except the last one, but it sure felt like it.

So hang in there.

I'm in Australia, so not sure how disability works over there.

regards, Maureen.

#9 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

I know what you mean,Maureen. Some days I feel if my head wasn't attached to my body - there would be a question about my ability to do anything. On other days, though, I feel like I can get anything done. Unfortunately, those days seem to follow a crash. I try to get done as much as I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users