• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peaceandlove192

peaceandlove192

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:17 PM

I'm on day 3 of no cymbalta.... I ran out and can't get to a psychiatrist for a script. [long story, but I was completely taken advantage of by one who now, will not return my calls, and a new one cannot get me in for a month] i was on 90mg since december 07, and i ran out 3 days ago.

I feel horrible. Hopeless. angry. I'm crying and i'm a mess. everything hurts. i am twitching. i've thrown up 3 times today.

i hate this drug so much. :o i am such a happy person normally... WHY am I like this--so sad and depressed?
how long is this going to last??

help me...

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

If you can't get in to your doctor, you should probably go to a walk in clinic or the ER and let them help you. Inadverantly stopping a prescribed med can cause several issues. Take your old script bottle with you to show them what you were taking, and I'm sure they should be able to get you taken care of.

#3 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:57 AM

If you were getting your prescription at the same pharmacy, you may be able to get them to "spot" you a few pills until you can get your prescription refilled. Many pharmacists will help you like that.

Also, you may have to go to a walk-in clinic like schmb01 suggested.

I hope by now, you have been able to get enough of your medication to ease your discomfort.

None of us here are fans of Cymbalta, but if you were functional and feeling better on it, it may be that you need to take an anti of some sort. I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell you that.

A 90mg to nothing drop is not a safe or comfortable thing to have your body and brain go through, please don't try to tough something like this out on your own. Let us know how you are doing.

#4 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

You must get to a clinic or ER room ASAP. Most doctors will agree going from 90mg to zero is extremly dangerous and will see you and prescribe for you. Heck call the sucide hotline in your area and tell them you need help. They will put you in touch with someone who will prescribe for you right now. They understand you CANNOT go without and go cold turkey. Some people can by choice.

Please make some calls or go to the local ER and tell them what has happened. Please dont try this alone. Please keep posting here and let us know how you are, please post several times a day if need be.

Here is alink to the suicide hotline website and you can get a local phone number
http://suicidehotlines.com/

Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users