God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

Dear Nancy:
I am so sorry to hear about your husband and financial fall out.
I am not a doctor, just a cymbalta user who has learned a lot by reading the posts on this site on real stories. You have taken cymbalta for such a long time (8 years). So I could deduce your brain must adjust to the lack of cymbalta. I have read on this site that taking cymbalta everyother day when tapering is not a good idea, because of life of cymbalta within the system. It must be taken PER DAY. It sounds like you went too fast when tapering.

The flu, is a withdrawal symptom of cymbalta. I have also felt like I had the flu, but then find out it was withdrawals.

Sometimes doctors use other medicines to help you quit cymbalta. I´ve read that people on this site have taken prozac at the end of tapering. But it is your decision whether to take zoloft or not.

I took cymbalta 60mg for 5 years. (I was on 90mg for a period of one month). I decided to wean slowly so I started counting beads. From 60mg I went down to 52mg, them 45mg, then 37mg, then 30mg, then 27mg, and I am down to 25mg right now. It will take me 3 more months to be down to zero. I´ve had symptoms but all of them manageable.

Maybe you could take a certain dose of cymbalta and begin tapering from there????
Or since you are already off of cymbalta, not going back to taking it?

regards
cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users