• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lynr

lynr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    information on withdrawal as withdrawing at the moment.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:27 AM

Hello , just a little information about my self , I have had fibromyaglia for a few years now and a couple of months ago my doctor recommended me trying Cymbalta, as she said is might help pain wise.I actually think it has helped slightly with the pain .As from Saturday 13th I have been alternating between 60mg and 30mg , I have been getting what I call the nose fizz and and the insides of your head not moving inconjuction with my head.
What is really worrying me is how deeply depressed I, feel and how anxious I am, I had a nervous breakdown about 10 years ago and I hope I am not going that way again ,I know it's the withdrawal that's doing this .
It was on the doctors recommendation to reduce down , I take various amounts of pain killers.
It has taken me a while just to type this out as I have made numerous mistakes.
I have no motivation to do anything but I will push my self to do so , the dog has to go for a walk I have to shower I suppose.
Sorry this is all so jumbled that's how I feel this is the second time I have got up to day just feel like going to bed and just sleeping , even my dreams are very angry.
Any advice on anything I have mentioned would be appreciated thank you

#2 Doob

Doob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Curently on day 6 of stopping "cold turkey"
    Just looking for some support.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

Hello , just a little information about my self , I have had fibromyaglia for a few years now and a couple of months ago my doctor recommended me trying Cymbalta, as she said is might help pain wise.I actually think it has helped slightly with the pain .As from Saturday 13th I have been alternating between 60mg and 30mg , I have been getting what I call the nose fizz and and the insides of your head not moving inconjuction with my head.
What is really worrying me is how deeply depressed I, feel and how anxious I am, I had a nervous breakdown about 10 years ago and I hope I am not going that way again ,I know it's the withdrawal that's doing this .
It was on the doctors recommendation to reduce down , I take various amounts of pain killers.
I have no motivation to do anything but I will push my self to do so , the dog has to go for a walk I have to shower I suppose.
Sorry this is all so jumbled that's how I feel this is the second time I have got up to day just feel like going to bed and just sleeping , even my dreams are very angry.

Hey Lynr,
I have been Cymbalta free for about 65 days. The symptoms you feel are indeed from the Cymbalta. Finding something positve (animals), stay hydrated help. I am not sure how going between 30 and 60 mg will allow your brain to get stable on one dosage. I would reccomend stabalizing on one dose and start a weening program.
You are not alone. Lot's of suffering out there. Keep posting and know that it takes time to get through this. Share this site with those you love. They need to know what you are going through.

Doob

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

doob is right, by alternating 60 & 30 your poor brain is completely confused. It's trying to adjust down to 30mg one day, then getting the full 60 the next. Some doctors don't understand that Cymbalta doesn't have a very long half life - you're not getting an average of 45mg per day - you're just going backwards and forwards.

You will almost certainly feel better by taking 45mg per day, which you can do by opening and dividing a 60mg into four, then adding that quarter of a dose to your 30mg capsules.

There are various ways, actually, if you want to keep in touch here.

regards, Maureen.

#4 lynr

lynr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

doob is right, by alternating 60 & 30 your poor brain is completely confused. It's trying to adjust down to 30mg one day, then getting the full 60 the next. Some doctors don't understand that Cymbalta doesn't have a very long half life - you're not getting an average of 45mg per day - you're just going backwards and forwards.

You will almost certainly feel better by taking 45mg per day, which you can do by opening and dividing a 60mg into four, then adding that quarter of a dose to your 30mg capsules.

There are various ways, actually, if you want to keep in touch here.

regards, Maureen.

#5 lynr

lynr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

Thank you both Doob , and Maureen for your replies , what you sat certainly makes sense, I will go along to the chemist and enquire about the geletine capsules , so i can divide them up . Thanks to you both for your posting x

#6 padregirl

padregirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    getting off this horrible drug

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:14 PM

I'm brand new here too...it's been 10 days now without the drug. I have the brain zaps, the insomnia, I do have a slight jerking of my muscles sometimes, some migraines, upset stomach and I'm "bitchy" as my husband says. I also get hot flashes which make it difficult to sleep. I don't think my symptoms are as bad as some peoples though.

I looked for help on the net and I've read that staying hydrated really helps...not just water, drinks with antioxidants and electrolytes too. And it's true for me at least. I'm also now taking a multi vitamin and Sam E which is a "mood" vitamin. I'll let you know how it goes as I only started taking it today, it's available at any drug store. I also read drinking chamomile tea helps and vegetable juice so I'm trying that.

For the insomnia with the hot flashes- I've found an ice pack on the back of your neck really helps. A lot. It's been one of the only ways I can sleep.

I think they need to get rid of this drug. The withdrawal symptoms are awful.

#7 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

padregirl - the ice packs saved me with headaches, too! I keep those reusable gel packs in my freezer so they are ready to go anytime. It's a good thing, too, I went through several in one night because I was so hot and had a massive headache.

#8 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:09 AM

Dear Lynr:
I am so sad to hear stories about people that took cymbalta for fibromyalgia and then start experiencing depression and anxiety when quitting the med.
I am a Depression sufferer, and I can´t imagine what is like to become depressed induced by the lack of a pill.
But do not worry, this is only a withdrawal effect, it should go away.
It is important that you wean slowly. It took me 6 weeks to go from 60mg to 30mg. I went from 60mg to 52mg, then to 45mg, then to 37mg, then to 30mg with symptoms that were manageable.
Regards
Cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users