2 replies to this topic

#1 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

I have never been anxious ever in my life, and as soon as I was really off of Cymbalta-poison, serious amounts of anxiety set it. (I had been on Cymbalta for eating disorders/depression). About 2 months ago I started getting terrifying panic attacks...in the middle of watching TV. Nothing was stressing me out, but I was having debilitating anxiety. Has this happened to anyone else? I am now classified as having Generalized Anxiety Disorder and its just getting worse. I'm tired, with constant chest pains, and I cant't "turn off my brain". I've been prescribed a low dosage of Xanax which i will only take if its a terrible panic attack that I can't talk myself out of, and then I try to go to sleep. I do not want to become addicted or dependent on any new drug. Anyone else going through something like this? I haven't been on Cymbalta since October... but what else could be causing this? I am so worried, and I think my husband thinks its all psychological, which it very well may be. But why the physical symptoms of constant chest pain?? I always feel like I'm gasping for air. Has this sort of crap happened to anyone else?? I'd really just love to know that I'm not alone here... and if so, what have you done to help? Thanks :)

ellie,
I just want you to know that I too now suffer with the worst kind of anxiety, Panic Attack's that just keep me from being able to do anything at all.
I do know it's due to this drug!

Do you have the site with all the side effects, and withdrawls symptoms? It tells all the systems that it affects, and so much more. It sure helpeed me,
and I kept it close by. http://www.prozactruth.com/htm

Debbie

#2 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

Hi all -
Anxiety has been the worst effect I've had of coming off this medication -- absolutely debilitating, paralysing, all-consuming. When my father died a month ago, it sent me off the deep end and I'm now on lorazepam. Whcih is helping but now I'm a zombie -- I think I need to change the drug.

I know how you all feel about not wanting to be dependent, but I wasn't able to function. We have to do the next best thing to help ourselves. I will not become an addict -- and if I have to wean carefully, well I've been down that route before. Best of luck.

#3 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

When you find that drug, please let us all know! What's the alprazolam like? Side effects?

thanks for your responses. it helps to know we are not alone! i've been doing yoga (really helps!) and taking .25mg alprazolam only if really really necessary. i'm wondering if there is a daily non habit forming drug i could try, that isn't rat poison like cymbalta, haha. open to suggestions :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users