#1 trakhener

trakhener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    needing off of Cymbalta

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:00 PM

I am going to wean off cymbalta due to the cost and loss of insurance. Will valium or xanax help with the process? I have 90 days to get it done. I would like to try and be medication-free, but have suffered from depression for many years. Also in a bad marriage which is ending, that is prompting the end of the $200 a month meds! What should I look out for?? Have been taking 60 mg for a year, been suicidal, and on trazadone as well. Any tips and tricks would be helpful, ran out for 2 days one time and felt BAD! Scared, but must do this. Active, normal weight and healthy eater, so lifestyle changes not necessary. Just do not want to feel any worse than I do now at the end, hopefully better. Thanks

#2 ernie

ernie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • why_joining:
    Withdraw from cymbalta

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

Make sure you go slow.... Because cold turkey is hard. I have read that it takes 60 days to be free of it if you go cold turkey, but in my case it's been not so good. Have you looked into prozac? It's cheap. no insurance at target and its like $5 for 30 day supply. Same with Trazadone. Cheap.

Xanax will do the trick, but be careful with to much. Don't want to trade one demon for another.

Do the whole healthy things with what you eat.

Write a journal even when it hurts so you can track your progress.

Don't read to much gloom and doom.... Stay positive

Be prepared to give up some stuff, like music or watching tv.... I can never do those things when in a stress out mood

Form your circle of safety with family and friends. Make sure they know what your going through and Talk and Talk and Talk to them. They can tell you what's real and what's not real. Make sure it's people you trust and feel comfortable with.

Read your Bible and talk to God.

Keep in touch
-Ernie

Going through it too... Read Ernie's Diary

#3 krisann

krisann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • why_joining:
    I wish to stop taking cymbalta with the least amount of side effects possible

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

I am going to wean off cymbalta due to the cost and loss of insurance. Will valium or xanax help with the process? I have 90 days to get it done. I would like to try and be medication-free, but have suffered from depression for many years. Also in a bad marriage which is ending, that is prompting the end of the $200 a month meds! What should I look out for?? Have been taking 60 mg for a year, been suicidal, and on trazadone as well. Any tips and tricks would be helpful, ran out for 2 days one time and felt BAD! Scared, but must do this. Active, normal weight and healthy eater, so lifestyle changes not necessary. Just do not want to feel any worse than I do now at the end, hopefully better. Thanks

Ativan (lorazepam) is generally much less addictive than xanax or valium. Paxil is a great antidepressant for anxiety for some. Ernie is right about the prozac, its helped a great deal of people as well. Talk to your Dr, sometimes they have free samples that you could use to wean off the cymbalta.

There are lots of great tips on this forum! I am using benadryl at bedtime to help with anxiety. I am going to try vitamin supplements too.

The journaling here helps me a lot! Its an easy way to look back and see how much progress I am making. Its also great for emotional support.

Good luck and please let us all know how you are doing :)

KrisAnn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users