• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BearJear

BearJear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

I am not sure if i have finished the complete process of coming off of cymbalta but i am feeling a little better. I am much less moody though still irritable and depressed (most likely due to my returning signs of depression) I have started lamictal to help with anxiety ( a seizure medication also used as a mood stabilizer) though i'm not sure if its doing any good..because i'm just as anxious as always.. and have since added in Wellbutrin for depression (but it can cause an increase in anxiety ..thats why i was put on lamictal first) i'm not feeling back to normal by any means.. but right now i'm not sure how accurately i can measure what normal for me is ( i was in a pretty severe auto accident. a little old lady ran a stop sign in front of me and my car is totaled.. insurance will cover it.. but we got a great deal on the car and it was paid off.. so now i have to start all over.. and the money will take time to get.. and right now i'm pretty stressed out about that. and secondly i found out the woman who i work (nanny/housesit/personal assistant) has been diagnosed with cancer. I love she and her family very much and don't know what is going to come in the future.. ) so that being said. i dont know how to really rate how i'm doing.. or what is causing what. because my life is totally upside down.. with or without cymbalta withdrawals.. or new medication adjusting. I dont know ..i'm so lost and confused right now.. i really don't know how to sort out what i'm feeling ..when i'm feeling anything at all.. which isn't very often. i'm severely depressed.. though i'm on medication to help.. it may take a while to really kick in.. if it does ever..

well i thought i'd update since i've been away from the site for a while.
thanks for the support.. dont give up anyone.. if i can get through this..
you can get through anything!!

any advice or suggestions would be wonderful.

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:14 AM

I replied to your PM, but I wanted to mention one more thing; be sure to let your doctor know if the meds aren't working soon. Of course, even with meds, given what you have been through, you are going to feel angry, sad, confused and a host of other things. That is normal. You need to feel those things so that you can work on all of the stuff that has sideswiped you. The key is, to react normally. That is a careful balance, and I would be sure to stay in close touch with your doctor or therapist.

One thought about the car, and the settlement; have your insurance company check with the driver's and see if there are provisions for them to cover a rental car for you. Your own policy may even have that as part of full coverage. It would at least tide you over until the settlement comes through.

#3 BearJear

BearJear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

haha yeah.. its just one of those little things.. those things that just wont go my way right now.. i'm 18 so the rental company wont let me drive thier cars.. and my parents dont have cars i feel comfortable driving (long distances) like for work. So i'm pretty stuck until we get i get a new car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users