God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

Dear BBG:
What you mentioned are withdrawal symptoms I have also felt while weaning: sick to my stomach, dizzy, mood swings. I took cymbalta initially for Major Depression. I was always in a very low mood all the time. During weaning I´ve had this extreme mood swings that usually last one day. I could be super happy one day and then the next day very hopeless and sad.
I do not complain because the "good days" haven´t gotten to the point of mania, it is just happiness. But definitely is the reduction of cymbalta what is causing it.

I´ve hear that phrase "OH IT´S ALL IN YOUR HEAD" so many times in my life. I´ve heard it from my mom, my close friends. It is a shame that family and friends do not take the time to understand what is really going on. Depression an mental illnesses are real illnesses. The same way any organ in the body stops functioning properly (example: liver, pancreas) also the brain neurotrasmitters don´t work well sometimes. In our case, serotonin and norephinephrine do not get from one cell to the next one (like in healthy people) but they are reuptaken by the previous cell. This causes lots of symptoms.
I do not know exactly how cymbalta works, supposedly preventing this reuptake, guaranteing that neurotrasmitters get from one cell to the other.
So I imagine, that if you were taking cymbalta and there was a lack of it inside of your brain for a period of time, this is why you´re having these symptoms.

It is so easy for mentally healthy people, to say "it is all in our head
". Maybe when they are sad, it is just in their head, but not in our case. In our case it is something organic, chemical.

It would be useful if your hubby read a little about Depression and this site. Maybe he will realize there are some people going through the same situation. And could give you support

Cymbalta was a good antidepressant for me. But my main complain is the extreme sleepiness. Like you.

You don´t have to stay on this hell of withdrawal. I would suggest that once you receive your refill, take a certain dose (maybe 60mg)and start weaning from there. There are a lot of posts explaining how to wean slowly and adjust the dosage doing small drops.

hope this helped.
Cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users