Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

I did not have heart burn as a side effect. But thats not to say you won't. Everyone has different symptoms but many are the same. Try eating a bland diet. Americans in general have a very acidic diet. :o (I'm assuming you are American) :) We need to eat a far more alkaline diet to avoid needing these medicines. :P
Best Wishes. ;)

Deb :D

#2 tvb

tvb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Took Cymbalta for about 6 month, at 6 month started weaning and at a year stopped and currently experiencing withdrawl

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

I have very slowly been getting off 90mg a day. After several small decreases in dose,I stayed at 30mgs for several weeks and just decreased to 20mgs. Now I am having terrible heartburn also. I wasn't sure where the heartburn came from but it did start soon after decreasing the dose.

I was on 60mg for 6 months and since then weaned to 30mg then 15mg and now I'm 4 days "clean" (it sucks but YAY!). I am 24 years old, average height and weight. When I weaned to 15mg I developed the WORST heartburn. I had never had it before in my life. It took me awhile to figure out what caused this. The only change when I started getting the heartburn was my change in dosage. 14 days of Prilosec OTC has help with the heartburn! Good luck to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users