Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Please get your headaches checked irrespective of the Cymbalta withdrawal! Ask your GP to also check for anemia, this may cause some of the horrible symptoms you are describing. Anemaia is extremely common in women of childbearing age and can cause unbearable headaches and visual symptoms.

If I were you, and I basicaly am, I would take one bead out each day. For example day 1 count 90 beads and take that. Day two 89 beads, day three 88 beads. After 3 months you are done and your withdrawal symptoms will be nearly non existant.

I am down to 19 beads now and have been symptom free for quite a long time.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Debbie M.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Dear Kristi:
Yes, seems that your weaning plan was a bit fast and the drops were too big. One should make drops that are 10% of actual dose. You went from 30mg straight to 20mg (that is a 10mg drop!!!). The good thing is that from what I read you didn´t suffer withdrawal symptoms from that drop. Then you went 20mg straight to 15mg (that is a 5mg drop, instead of a 2mg which would be the 10% drop).

I would go to a certain dose of cymbalta and start weaning from there. You have to decide which dosage you are going to start with. Since you didn´t mention suffering symptoms while on 20mg you could start from there (or 30mg if you want to feel more secure). Doing 2mg drops until you get to 10mg. It will take you 5 weeks to go from 20mg to 10mg at this rate (20mg, 18mg, 16mg, etc)

When you are down to 10mg (90 beads) then you could do what Debbie suggested, start to take out 1 bead a day.
I suggest taking one bead a day at the end, when you are at a lower dose. Because logistically, for me it has been easier to make the capsules for a whole week (or whatever period you are going to stay at a certain dose). When you are at lower doses it is easier to have to count everyday your dose.

The drops sizes and the time you are going to stay on each dose, depends on how you feel. The lower in dose you are, the smaller the drops should be.

What you mentioned: headaches, sore sensitive eyes, blurred vision, dizziness, anxiety, anger, insomnia, jaw clenching, have been symptoms that I have felt

Remember the goal is to reach the goal, with the less symptoms. So if you need to adjust dosage during the weaning process, please do.

Hugs
Cookie

#3 krisann

krisann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • why_joining:
    I wish to stop taking cymbalta with the least amount of side effects possible

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

. I started crying and was very anxious this morning, but I pulled myself together. I came home early from work and I've been anxious, wanting to cry all afternoon. I've just started to cry now. Depression or withdrawal? :'(

I went thru horrible withdrawal when I quit cold turkey. I was put on cymbalta for anxiety, but withdrawal symptoms included just about everything but the kitchen sink. Sounds like withdrawal, but be aware, and be safe. If it starts turning into suicidal thoughts, seek help immediately.

Good luck and stay strong :)

KrisAnn

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Also cookie you said I should start on 30 mg or 20 mg. Does that mean I take 20 mg for 1 week then drop down 2 mg? If so do you think I could start on 15 mg, take that for a week and then drop down 2 mg, etc etc? Thankyou :)

Dear Kristy:
I am afraid that if you updose only to 11mg or 15mg, you will still have the symptoms. The key is to take a dosage that is enough and that keeps you stabilize, once you feel better then start to lower the dose by 10percent. I suggest you updose to 20mg and do 2mg drops. The lenght of time that you will stay on each dosage, depends on how long symptoms dissapear. I know that sexual sensations are an issue for you at larger dosages, but if you take too little doses, you wont feel well.

Crying, anxiety ARE withdrawal symptoms. I dont think its depression since you are still taking some dose of antidepresant.

Hugs
Cookie.

#5 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

Hey everyone. Just signing in to tell u all what's been happening. I am going a lot better. Not long after I finished writing replys last time the headaches and withdrawal symptoms started to fade. I don't get headaches all day everyday and the only time my emotions are up and down is when I am pmsing. Generally I am a happy person :D. I am still on 10 mg a day and I am staying on this now for awhile. I have a very busy job now being seasonal so I need to be as prepared as possible. On the other topic of anaemia I went to a good doctor and I found out I am low in iron again. I am sitting on 21 which isn't as low as I have been last year (9) but its still too low. And my blood cell count is 3 off being anaemic. So I am now on iron tablets -.- So anyway I am much better and I hope I continue to be well. Thankyou for all your advice and support :D. I will probably update my progress when I feel its time to come off the 10 mgs.

Dear Kristi:
I am so glad that you are feeling so much better and the headaches are fading. I also have emotional difficulties when I am PMSing. Being down to 10mg is a great accomplishment. It´s good that you are giving yourself a little break and staying on that dose for a while. (I am also staying at actual dose for a month). Hope the iron/anemia issue gets solved. I was wondering what exact symptoms made you suspect you had iron defficiencies???....I am having breathlessness, extreme fatigue and extreme menstrual bleeding, Did you have these symptoms???. I haven´t checked my iron, but I think these symptoms might be related to it.
Hugs
Cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users