• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 christi b

christi b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Having withdrawal symptoms and need advise please.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

After reading a lot of posts on here i decided that I should join this forum. I have a question....My doctor told me to wean off of Cymbalta for 2 weeks. I was taking 60 mg for almost 2 years. She told me to dump some of the beads out everyday until there was nothing left over 2 weeks. Well, LIKE AN IDIOT THAT IS WHAT I DID. Now I believe I am having major withdrawal. The last pill I took was last Weds night. Since then I have been EXTREMELY dizzy. I mean, I am just sitting here and when I move my eyes I feel like my head is going to roll off. So, I have been like that everyday since last week and now I am at work and I just had to go into the restroom to cry. I mean literally sob!!!! I understand my system getting used to not having the medicine but this dizziness is driving me crazy. I guess I need to know if I should call my doctor and get on a low dose and work my way off from there. If not then I need to know how long this dizziness will last because I might need to take vacation at home in my bed until it is over.

#2 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:23 AM

I don't think anyone but you could decide whether or not to go back on it to wean off more slowly. Some have said that a low dose of Prozac has helped, and then its withdrawal is easier. I would definitely try to talk to your doctor and see what he/she can recommend.

Best of luck to you!

#3 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:13 AM

After reading a lot of posts on here i decided that I should join this forum. I have a question....My doctor told me to wean off of Cymbalta for 2 weeks. I was taking 60 mg for almost 2 years. She told me to dump some of the beads out everyday until there was nothing left over 2 weeks. Well, LIKE AN IDIOT THAT IS WHAT I DID. Now I believe I am having major withdrawal. The last pill I took was last Weds night. Since then I have been EXTREMELY dizzy. I mean, I am just sitting here and when I move my eyes I feel like my head is going to roll off. So, I have been like that everyday since last week and now I am at work and I just had to go into the restroom to cry. I mean literally sob!!!! I understand my system getting used to not having the medicine but this dizziness is driving me crazy. I guess I need to know if I should call my doctor and get on a low dose and work my way off from there. If not then I need to know how long this dizziness will last because I might need to take vacation at home in my bed until it is over.

Hi Christi

In short, YES, go back on a low dose and stabilise before weaning more slowly. Cymbalta is one of the tougher a/ds to get off - probably because it operates on two neurotransmitter systems, not one (serotonin and norepinephrine). Your symptoms are typical of Cymbalta withdrawal.

I'm afraid most doctors just don't recognise a/d withdrawal for what it really is and they give people idiotic weaning schedules. I would suggest trying a dose of 30mg to start, wait a week and if you don't feel better, then try 40mg .. etc. Because your body is already adjusting to being without the drug, you shouldn't need the full 60mg but I'm afraid the only way to find out is by trial and error.

For more info see my post here https://www.cymbalta...__0

Good luck :)
Junior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users