• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHOUSTON TEXAS
  • why_joining:
    To speak to others about symptoms

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

HI,

FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE THAT HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM THE WITDRAWAL SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH CYMBALTA THIS IS FOR YOU!!

I WAS SUFFERING FROM WITDRAWALS A WEEK AFTER RUNNING OUT OF MY PRESCRIPTION AND ALL OF THE SYMPTOMS YOU GUYS HAVE POSTED IN THIS FORUM ARE VERY REAL

INDEED. I BEGAN HAVING ZAPS IN MY HEAD UPON OPENING AND CLOSING OF MY EYES AND WHILE TRYING TO USE MY peripheral vision. (THIS KIND OF REMINDED ME OF

THE SOUND YOU GET WHEN YOU TURN YOUR TV SET ON AND OFF.) FURTHERMORE I WAS HAVING NAUSEA,VERTIGO,DRYNESS IN MY SKIN,INCREASED ANGER,INCREASED

DEPRESSION,INCREASED ANXIETY, DRY MOUTH,DRY LIPS,CONSTIPATION,FATIGUE(I COULDN'T FALL ASLEEP UNTIL 4 AM), WHEN I DID SLEEP I HAD NIGHTMARES ( SOME

WERE JUST OUT RIGHT WEIRD AND OF THINGS I DARE TO MENTION.),EXTREME DIZZINESS

I SET UP AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY DOCTOR AND WHEN I WENT TO SEE HER I MENTIONED EVERYTHING AND SHE SAID STRAIGHT FORWARDLY IT WAS THE MEDICATION 100% NO DOUBT.

I EXPLAINED TO HER THAT I WAS REALLY DIZZY AND THAT I BARELY MADE IT TO HER OFFICE. SHE SAID THERE WAS "NOTHING" SHE COULD DO ABOUT THE SYMPTOMS AND

THAT THEY MIGHT GO AWAY AFTER TWO WEEKS. AFTER SPEAKING WITH HER AND GETTING ANOTHER PRESCRIPTION FOR THE "DRUGS" SHE LEFT ME AT THAT AND I WAS ON

MY WAY HOME. (IN LIFE I WAS ALWAYS TOLD "NEVER TO LET ANYONE SAY YOU CAN'T DO SOMETHING") I TOOK WHAT SHE SAID AND DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING

ABOUT IT. I COULDN'T TAKE A DOCTOR TELLING ME THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO. I WENT HOME AND BEGAN FEELING WORSE DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

ON THE SECOND DAY AFTER SEEING THE DOCTOR I WAS HOME IN BED ON FACEBOOK OF ALL SITES AND MY FRIEND POPPED IN AND WE STARTED TALKING ABOUT MY SITUATION

TURNS OUT HES AN EX MARINE AND WORKS OUT CONSTANTLY SO I TOLD HIM MY SITUATION AND HE TOLD ME OFF THE BAT "GET ON OMEGA 3 AND TAKE 3600 MGS AND TO

LAY OFF ANY SUGAR, WHOLE GRAIN,ANYTHING THAT HAS WHITE IN IT, INCLUDING ANY EXTRA CARBS THAT I DIDNT NEED. SEEING AS I AM UNEMPLOYED AT THE MOMENT I

TOOK HIM UP ON HIS WORD FOR THE OMEGA 3 SINCE I WAS ALREADY PRESCRIBED THEM AND JUST UP MY DOSE. I STOPPED HAVING THE OCCASIONAL SODA DURING THE DAY AS WELL.

THE FIRST DAY OF TAKING THE NEW DOSE I FELT OKAY NO REAL CHANGE JUST MORE PILLS.

THE SECOND DAY SAME THING NO CHANGE, UNTIL THE THIRD DAY I BEGAN NOTICING THE ZAPS GOING AWAY AND MY BODY FEELING STRONGER. I CONTINUED TAKING

THE DOSAGE AND CHANGED A FEW WAYS THAT I EAT BY REMOVING ANY THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY HURT MY HEAD MORE. AS I WENT ON DURING THAT WEEK MY HEAD

STOPPED SPINNING AND MY MIND BEGAN TO FEEL NORMAL AGAIN. I TRIED TO TEST THE ZAPS IN MY EYES AND SEE IF THAT WAS STILL THERE AND THANK THE LORD THEY WERE GOING AWAY AS WELL.

I STARTED TO LOOK UP TOPICS ON SUPPLEMENTS THAT HEAL DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY AND I FOUND TONS OF NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS THAT THE DOCTOR WONT TELL YOU ABOUT.

I ALSO FOUND A REALLY GOOD BOOK THAT SPOKE TO MY MIND AND SPIRIT (LIST OF SUPPLEMENTS AND BOOK TO FOLLOW STORY).

I NEVER THOUGHT TO LOOK TO A MORE NATURAL WAY OF HEALING MY BODY INSTEAD I LOOKED TO A PHYSICIAN TO HEAL ME. BY DOING MY RESEARCH I FOUND A BETTER

WAY TO GET RID OF THE SYMPTOMS THAT WERE MAKING ME MORE SICK THEN I WAS TO BEGIN WITH. NOW I KNOW ALOT OF OTHERS OUT THERE HAVE BEEN TAKING ANTI DEPRESSANTS

FOR A LOT LONGER TIME THEN ME SO I AM NOT SURE HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU OR IF IT WILL HELP AT ALL BUT I KNOW BY READING UP ON THIS SUBJECT I FOUND I

FEEL BETTER I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK ON THE ANTI DEPRESSANTS EVEN THOUGH THE DOCTOR RECOMMENDED IT. ( HOW COULD I AFTER FEELING LIKE MY BODY WAS

KILLING IT'S SELF OFF.WHO WOULD ANY ONE WANT THAT BACK AFTER ALL THOSE SYMPTOMS?)

I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT IS IN MY SITUATION.

GOD BLESS AND KEEP ME UPDATED

NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS I AM TAKING:

OMEGA 3 600 MG 2 PILLS 3 X'S A DAY WITH FOOD

MULTIVITAMIN 1 X A DAY

SUPPLEMENTS I AM SOON TO TRY FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION:

5-HTP
MELATONIN
SEROTONIN
GABA
L-THEANINE
L-TYROSINE

THE BOOK THAT HELPED ME THROUGH THIS :

THE NEW BIBLE CURE FOR DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY
DON COLBERT, MD

I AM NOT A DOCTOR NOR AM I A DIETITIAN SO SEEK YOUR PHYSICIAN ON THIS TOPIC.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:16 AM

HI,

FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE THAT HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM THE WITDRAWAL SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH CYMBALTA THIS IS FOR YOU!!

I WAS SUFFERING FROM WITDRAWALS A WEEK AFTER RUNNING OUT OF MY PRESCRIPTION AND ALL OF THE SYMPTOMS YOU GUYS HAVE POSTED IN THIS FORUM ARE VERY REAL

INDEED. I BEGAN HAVING ZAPS IN MY HEAD UPON OPENING AND CLOSING OF MY EYES AND WHILE TRYING TO USE MY peripheral vision. (THIS KIND OF REMINDED ME OF

THE SOUND YOU GET WHEN YOU TURN YOUR TV SET ON AND OFF.) FURTHERMORE I WAS HAVING NAUSEA,VERTIGO,DRYNESS IN MY SKIN,INCREASED ANGER,INCREASED

DEPRESSION,INCREASED ANXIETY, DRY MOUTH,DRY LIPS,CONSTIPATION,FATIGUE(I COULDN'T FALL ASLEEP UNTIL 4 AM), WHEN I DID SLEEP I HAD NIGHTMARES ( SOME

WERE JUST OUT RIGHT WEIRD AND OF THINGS I DARE TO MENTION.),EXTREME DIZZINESS

I SET UP AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY DOCTOR AND WHEN I WENT TO SEE HER I MENTIONED EVERYTHING AND SHE SAID STRAIGHT FORWARDLY IT WAS THE MEDICATION 100% NO DOUBT.

I EXPLAINED TO HER THAT I WAS REALLY DIZZY AND THAT I BARELY MADE IT TO HER OFFICE. SHE SAID THERE WAS "NOTHING" SHE COULD DO ABOUT THE SYMPTOMS AND

THAT THEY MIGHT GO AWAY AFTER TWO WEEKS. AFTER SPEAKING WITH HER AND GETTING ANOTHER PRESCRIPTION FOR THE "DRUGS" SHE LEFT ME AT THAT AND I WAS ON

MY WAY HOME. (IN LIFE I WAS ALWAYS TOLD "NEVER TO LET ANYONE SAY YOU CAN'T DO SOMETHING") I TOOK WHAT SHE SAID AND DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING

ABOUT IT. I COULDN'T TAKE A DOCTOR TELLING ME THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO. I WENT HOME AND BEGAN FEELING WORSE DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

ON THE SECOND DAY AFTER SEEING THE DOCTOR I WAS HOME IN BED ON FACEBOOK OF ALL SITES AND MY FRIEND POPPED IN AND WE STARTED TALKING ABOUT MY SITUATION

TURNS OUT HES AN EX MARINE AND WORKS OUT CONSTANTLY SO I TOLD HIM MY SITUATION AND HE TOLD ME OFF THE BAT "GET ON OMEGA 3 AND TAKE 3600 MGS AND TO

LAY OFF ANY SUGAR, WHOLE GRAIN,ANYTHING THAT HAS WHITE IN IT, INCLUDING ANY EXTRA CARBS THAT I DIDNT NEED. SEEING AS I AM UNEMPLOYED AT THE MOMENT I

TOOK HIM UP ON HIS WORD FOR THE OMEGA 3 SINCE I WAS ALREADY PRESCRIBED THEM AND JUST UP MY DOSE. I STOPPED HAVING THE OCCASIONAL SODA DURING THE DAY AS WELL.

THE FIRST DAY OF TAKING THE NEW DOSE I FELT OKAY NO REAL CHANGE JUST MORE PILLS.

THE SECOND DAY SAME THING NO CHANGE, UNTIL THE THIRD DAY I BEGAN NOTICING THE ZAPS GOING AWAY AND MY BODY FEELING STRONGER. I CONTINUED TAKING

THE DOSAGE AND CHANGED A FEW WAYS THAT I EAT BY REMOVING ANY THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY HURT MY HEAD MORE. AS I WENT ON DURING THAT WEEK MY HEAD

STOPPED SPINNING AND MY MIND BEGAN TO FEEL NORMAL AGAIN. I TRIED TO TEST THE ZAPS IN MY EYES AND SEE IF THAT WAS STILL THERE AND THANK THE LORD THEY WERE GOING AWAY AS WELL.

I STARTED TO LOOK UP TOPICS ON SUPPLEMENTS THAT HEAL DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY AND I FOUND TONS OF NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS THAT THE DOCTOR WONT TELL YOU ABOUT.

I ALSO FOUND A REALLY GOOD BOOK THAT SPOKE TO MY MIND AND SPIRIT (LIST OF SUPPLEMENTS AND BOOK TO FOLLOW STORY).

I NEVER THOUGHT TO LOOK TO A MORE NATURAL WAY OF HEALING MY BODY INSTEAD I LOOKED TO A PHYSICIAN TO HEAL ME. BY DOING MY RESEARCH I FOUND A BETTER

WAY TO GET RID OF THE SYMPTOMS THAT WERE MAKING ME MORE SICK THEN I WAS TO BEGIN WITH. NOW I KNOW ALOT OF OTHERS OUT THERE HAVE BEEN TAKING ANTI DEPRESSANTS

FOR A LOT LONGER TIME THEN ME SO I AM NOT SURE HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU OR IF IT WILL HELP AT ALL BUT I KNOW BY READING UP ON THIS SUBJECT I FOUND I

FEEL BETTER I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK ON THE ANTI DEPRESSANTS EVEN THOUGH THE DOCTOR RECOMMENDED IT. ( HOW COULD I AFTER FEELING LIKE MY BODY WAS

KILLING IT'S SELF OFF.WHO WOULD ANY ONE WANT THAT BACK AFTER ALL THOSE SYMPTOMS?)

I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT IS IN MY SITUATION.

GOD BLESS AND KEEP ME UPDATED

NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS I AM TAKING:

OMEGA 3 600 MG 2 PILLS 3 X'S A DAY WITH FOOD

MULTIVITAMIN 1 X A DAY

SUPPLEMENTS I AM SOON TO TRY FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION:

5-HTP
MELATONIN
SEROTONIN
GABA
L-THEANINE
L-TYROSINE

THE BOOK THAT HELPED ME THROUGH THIS :

THE NEW BIBLE CURE FOR DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY
DON COLBERT, MD

I AM NOT A DOCTOR NOR AM I A DIETITIAN SO SEEK YOUR PHYSICIAN ON THIS TOPIC.

Dear Djrr69:
I totally agree with you, healthy nutrition has so much to do with the way we feel.

Cymbalta helped treating my major depression symptoms at the beginning, but after a while it was not as effective. I gained 52lbs while on cymbalta. I started to feel very bad physically and mentally. And due to the weigh gain I developed glucose/insulin problems. After 5 years of being overweight I started a very healthy diet, and exercise, I started to feel so much better. I realized that I could take a more active rol on my mental health.

I eat lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts, fish, turkey.
I learned that one has to be careful with carbohydrates since they are transformed into glucose within the body. And unstable levels of glucose, might make us more depressed. I do not eat SUGAR at all. Concerning carbohydrates I eat complex ones, not refined ones. Carbohydrates are needed for energy. Instead of sodas I drink fruit juices. I am not taking Omega 3 suplements. I rather get omega from natural sources like soy milk and flaxseed.

Concerning supplements please be very careful to have doctor´s advice before taking them.
Don´t take 5HTP while you are taking cymbalta, I´ve read that there would be a higher risk of serotonin síndrome

Is there such thing as “Serotonin” as a supplement???? I had never heard of it???

I rather eat a healthy diet to provide all the nutrients the body and brain need than taking supplements.

I am also looking for natural ways of healing. Exercise and yoga have helped me improve my mood and anxiety

I AM NOT A DOCTOR EITHER just wanted to share my own experience, the things that have worked for me.

Are you Robert (a guest)? who posted this same information minutes ago???

Regards
Cookie

#3 djrr69

djrr69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHOUSTON TEXAS
  • why_joining:
    To speak to others about symptoms

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hey Cookie,

Yea I am the same Robert from both of the posts. I forgot my login so i posted it there and upon doing so figured out how to login so it was a double post.

Anyhow i hear where your coming from i agree about making food changes and i have been doing so more recently. I was surprised when i found out

how much food can make someone feel better instead of worse. I looked up a few topics on food and how the brain reacts to them and i found that HFCS

(HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP) is extremely bad for ones health. I know we all have been hearing how good it is for us but think about this for a second

the same thing that is used to make our cars run everyday is being added into our food and consumed on an alarming scale. This is more clarified in

a video i found on youtube. () This is just another tool to help along with my research.

I also went up 20 lbs since taking CITALOPRAM and CYMBALTA. I found that not only was i gaining weight but after working out on an extreme

workout called INSANITY by Shaun T i was not losing it either. What im trying to get at is the combination of POOR DIETING AND CYMBALTA DO NOT MIX!

I mean you don't have to be a rocket scientist

to figure that one out but when looking into the affect of HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AND CYMBALTA COMBINED you get a mixture for disaster. My self

cure is still in it's early stages so i'll keep you updated on how i feel after i have made more changes in my diet and as i go on through this.

As far as Cymbalta goes i quit it cold turkey. I know this sounds really bad but with the fish oil and eating right i haven't had any symptoms from

not taking the drug anymore. I will be looking into 5 HTP with my dietitian and see what they recommend as far as that goes. What has got me to this

point was knowing how awful i felt after the withdrawals. I thank God for giving me the knowledge that i need and a brain that is still capable of learning.

Keep you updated,
Robert

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hey Cookie,

Yea I am the same Robert from both of the posts. I forgot my login so i posted it there and upon doing so figured out how to login so it was a double post.

Anyhow i hear where your coming from i agree about making food changes and i have been doing so more recently. I was surprised when i found out

how much food can make someone feel better instead of worse. I looked up a few topics on food and how the brain reacts to them and i found that HFCS

(HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP) is extremely bad for ones health. I know we all have been hearing how good it is for us but think about this for a second

the same thing that is used to make our cars run everyday is being added into our food and consumed on an alarming scale. This is more clarified in

a video i found on youtube. () This is just another tool to help along with my research.

I also went up 20 lbs since taking CITALOPRAM and CYMBALTA. I found that not only was i gaining weight but after working out on an extreme

workout called INSANITY by Shaun T i was not losing it either. What im trying to get at is the combination of POOR DIETING AND CYMBALTA DO NOT MIX!

I mean you don't have to be a rocket scientist

to figure that one out but when looking into the affect of HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AND CYMBALTA COMBINED you get a mixture for disaster. My self

cure is still in it's early stages so i'll keep you updated on how i feel after i have made more changes in my diet and as i go on through this.

As far as Cymbalta goes i quit it cold turkey. I know this sounds really bad but with the fish oil and eating right i haven't had any symptoms from

not taking the drug anymore. I will be looking into 5 HTP with my dietitian and see what they recommend as far as that goes. What has got me to this

point was knowing how awful i felt after the withdrawals. I thank God for giving me the knowledge that i need and a brain that is still capable of learning.

Keep you updated,
Robert

Hey Robert:

I am lucky that I don´t use High Fructose Corn Syrup anyways!
Try to stay away from processed packaged foods, drinks. Replace them with all natural foods.
It is not about dieting, it is about changing lifestyle. Even when I am invited to a restaurant, I try to eat as healthy as I can, I ask for lemonade instead of alcohol or soda. Then salad and fish, and fruit for desert.

Umm, I´ve read on this site, that quitting cold turkey is not that good. I am glad that you haven´t had any symptoms but be careful, because they appear after a week or so. Well everyone´s different, so there is people that do not suffer from withdrawals.

Hugs
Cookie

#5 arteest

arteest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    My doctor put me on Cymbalta for body pain and anxiety. I've only been on it since May.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

Hey Robert:

I am lucky that I don´t use High Fructose Corn Syrup anyways!
Try to stay away from processed packaged foods, drinks. Replace them with all natural foods.
It is not about dieting, it is about changing lifestyle. Even when I am invited to a restaurant, I try to eat as healthy as I can, I ask for lemonade instead of alcohol or soda. Then salad and fish, and fruit for desert.

Umm, I´ve read on this site, that quitting cold turkey is not that good. I am glad that you haven´t had any symptoms but be careful, because they appear after a week or so. Well everyone´s different, so there is people that do not suffer from withdrawals.

Hugs
Cookie

There was news recently through recent studies they have determined that cancer cells LOVE high fructose corn syrup. No more Coke for me!

#6 Caroline

Caroline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:
    Weaning off cylbalta

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

Hey Robert,
I couldn't agree with you more, since adding Omega's, Vit E and G2 (low cal gatorade) I can lower my dose and not have any of the head symptoms. When I tried to just quit before I found this site, on day 3 and 4 I got the worst headache, sweating when I exercised...I mean dripping sweat doing my normal yoga... The withdrawal from this drug is just horrible. It is such a shame that our prescribing physicians don't know the hell that we go through to get off of this drug.

#7 Mb In Indiana

Mb In Indiana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I feel like Im in a fog and I need to concentrate at my new job. Everyting in me is rejecting taking this medication and I started looking around tonight and found this site. I hope someone will reach out to me. I feel alone in a new city with a new challenging job. Thanks.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:54 PM

Thanks Robert,
I needed to hear your story, Exercise, supplements, stress releif exercises and just plain old taking care of myself and listening to my body. I felt so alone and incapable of doing anything to change my situation and all these threads and your tread has given me back my backbone. Im going to stand up, fight, make changes and find out what Im made of. Mostly get more oxygen into my body by walking and breathing better. thanks. Marybeth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users