#1 lost

lost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because of withdrawals

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

I received a telephone call from my insurance company, after being on cymbalta 90mg for a syear, my insurance decided that they would no longer cover the cost of cymbalta due to it being expensive. I was unable to afford the costs of the persc. And ran out of meds before I could wean off. I am now on day 3 of being off the cymbalta and I am dealing w severe depressionn, anxiety, agitation, suicidal thoughts and feel like I'm ready to give up..I don't know what to do, my doctors aren't able to do anything to help me through these withdrawals...any advice? :(

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

I received a telephone call from my insurance company, after being on cymbalta 90mg for a syear, my insurance decided that they would no longer cover the cost of cymbalta due to it being expensive. I was unable to afford the costs of the persc. And ran out of meds before I could wean off. I am now on day 3 of being off the cymbalta and I am dealing w severe depressionn, anxiety, agitation, suicidal thoughts and feel like I'm ready to give up..I don't know what to do, my doctors aren't able to do anything to help me through these withdrawals...any advice? :(

I can't tell you how angry it makes me when I keep seeing how unfair your system is! Let's hope the new changes will make life easier for all.

Most doctors have samples of Cymbalta they can give you to help you wean off. Can you ask if there are any available?

Also, many people find Prozac (of which there are many generics available) helps a lot with withdrawal symptoms, then it's easier to get off later.

regards, Maureen.

#3 JustJulz

JustJulz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    support and information to become a healthier Me

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

There is also the option of having your Dr write a letter to the insurance company requesting that they continue to pay for it either because you can't switch or keep it for a certain number of months so that you can wean yourself off. Save all the balls that you will eventually dump out to make the transitional doses, and make up new ones with them and some gel caps.

Good luck- life can indeed be messy, and having to make changes a lot faster than you are prepared to can really, really suck.

#4 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

Both of the previous suggestions are great! My doctor was able to give me some samples when my insurance ran out - it helps. And, yes, Cymbalta is CRAZY expensive here!!! :angry:

#5 StopBlamingOthers

StopBlamingOthers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

Both of the previous suggestions are great! My doctor was able to give me some samples when my insurance ran out - it helps. And, yes, Cymbalta is CRAZY expensive here!!! :angry:

The samples will come from Lilly so you could also try contacting them directly to see if they will send more samples to your physician specifically for you. It's worth a try. xx

#6 TNK94

TNK94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    try to inform others of an easier way to detox from Cymbalta that they can live life a bit more "normal".

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

I have been trying to wean off Cymbalta for over a month now by deleting so many little beads from the capsule itself. I have all the extreme side effects as you all have had and still deal with them each and everyday, also losing each piece of myself,life,family and job as I cannot function. I have done my best to try and find every herb possible to add to my system as I delete this evil med to lighten the load of the side effects. It has not been easy at all!! I am not sure what any of you have done besides try and delete this evil drug from your system, but if I may try to lesson your load and add some suggestion to help anyone out, even if it is to reach out to just one of you I will continue trying and telling you all that I have been doing. I am NOT at all trying to lighten the side effect of this drug or say I have none of these side effects that anyone has described because as you know, no one knows how you live everyday as if you are literally in HELL as we do with any one of the side effects morning or night. I thought it was bad when I was up with one of my four kids due to a nightmare OMG!! I HATE going to sleep due to such vivid dreams and nightmares I have when I whirl from vertigo into sleep.

Anyways, I will do my best to be positive for you all as we all know this is needed right lol. I have added in many herbal things that you may want to try and it has lessoned some of the side effects as I detox from this evil drug.

Fish Oil = depression, brain stimulation, healthy heart.
B6 = helps out with both the vertigo and mood swings.
Ginko Biloba = Vertigo, brain function
Vinpoctine = Vertigo
Phenagren (prescription for nausea but will make you tired.)
Zofran (prescription for nausea that you can take while at work and not feel sleepy.)

The BIGGEST thing I have made a change to detox from this evil med is I went to the herbal store and I am now doing a full body cleanse called "FIRST CLEANSE", by RENEW LIFE. DO NOT do the one from GNC as this will put your body into a complete shock and they say it may just shut down. Use an HERBAL STORE full body cleanse. When you go in let them know you are wanting to detox from the Cymbalta, they will help you out. I am now on Day 3 and yes I feel the Vertigo like no other, as for the reason I researched the Vinpoctine as of today to try and stop the spins, but nothing like in the past when I tried to quit cold turkey of this evil med.
Not sure what will work for you, but I am not willing to wait out months for this to go away, I want my life back!! I am all siked for this herbal cleanse to detox from Cymbalta asap. I am done crying, raging, sitting in my room to feel safe from the world outside. I REFUSE to feed that monster (Cymbalta) inside me wanting more drugs. I pray often that this will not only flush everything out but that when I am done all my friends and family will still want me!

If I am able to help just one of you with a symptom or two by mentioning these herbs to you, this will bring a smile to my face as I am lost in my own world searching for a way out also!! Good Luck!
tnkmemmott@hotmail.com
Kelly - TNKM94

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users