Photo

Dr. Substituted Prozac & Wellbutrin For Cymbalta!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 queenmom3

queenmom3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    This is the only site that I have found that has made me feel like I am not crazy!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:07 AM

Alright, so thank everyone for all the great info! NOBODY that I know has ever heard of what I am going through with these withdrawals, so finding this sight was a Godsend. I have been off Cymbalta for 8 days cold turkey, but Dr. subsituted Prozac and Wellbutrin in it's place. I am nervous about those 2 together, I have never taken them, but have severe depression, social anxiety, etc and have found that I can never be without meds of some sort. Has anyone else here substituted like this? Has anyone gone off 60mg cold turkey and if so about how long were your withdrawals? I, like so many of you all, feel like I am going MAD!! The withdrawals are NOT subsiding at all yet and I am going to lose my mind soon.............

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

Dear QueenMom:
Maybe I am not the right person to give you an answer, because I don´t know Wellbutrin.
From what I´ve read on this site and based on what it says in cymbalta´s package, stopping cold turkey is not a good option. However I´ve read about people who did it with Prozac help succesfully.

I also suffer from severe Depression and social anxiety. I have been weaning off of cymbalta slowly, it took me at least 8 weeks to go from 60mg to 20mg doing small drops. I´ve had several symptoms, but it sound they have not been as severe as yours. I can´t imagine what it feels like to stop cold turkey.

If prozac an wellbutrin, do not neutralize your actual symptoms please talk to your doctor.

Hugs
Cookie

#3 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

I took Wellbutrin years ago and it worked great. Since I have anxiety issues, I took it with an anti-anxiety-the name escapes me right now. If those 2 are working for you - that is awesome. Definitely talk to your doc if it isn't or stops working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users