daisy62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am off Cymbalta cold turkey

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

Hi
I have been off Cymbalta cold turkey now for just 2 weeks. I was only on this drug for about 6 weeks. My tongue started to swell up and my whole body was itching so I needed to stop immediately. God what a trip. I had swishes all over my body like shocks. I had nausea to the point of vomitting and flu symptoms like nothing I had ever experience. Thank god the swishes have started to settle down and are only happening morning and evening but my main concern is the upper back pain, chest swishes and a feeling in my throat like my heart is jumping out. I dont have anything physically wrong with my heart as I had a full angiogram and ecg only 3 months ago. I have no blockages or abnormalities.
Has anyone else experienced any of these issues. Doc reckons its a virus but I am not so sure. I am guessing it is linked to coming off those horrid meds.
Thanks everyone :rolleyes:

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

Dear Daisy:
I have weaned slowly and making small drops from 60mg to 20mg. And have had some symptoms. Can imagine what would´ve been like to go cold turkey.

Based on the symptoms that you have experienced:

1. These have been symptoms I have experienced: itching, electric sensations, stabbing nausea (without the vomiting), flu like symptoms and other.

2. These are symptoms I haven´t experienced but have read on this site of people that have: pains, heart palpitations.

hugs
Cookie

#3 Abracadebra

Abracadebra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    changing meds from Cymbalta to Savella for FM.

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

I WAS ON CYMBALTA FOR ONLY 2 MONTHS. I REALLY DID NOT FEEL A CHANGE IN MY BEHAVIOR OR DEPRESSION.BUT STILL I WENT TO GET MY 3RD REFILL AND WAS TOLD THERE WAS NO REFILLS LEFT, I JUST LEFT IT AT THAT AND STOPPED TAKING IT.
IT WAS HORRIBLE. WITHIN DAYS I WAS HAVING UNCONTROLLABLE RAGE,WHERE I THOUGHT I COULD SERIOUSLY HURT MYSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE.IT IS SCARY TO LOSE CONTROL LIKE THAT.THEN THERE WAS THE HEAD ZAPS, FEELING LIKE I AM SOMEWHAT BUZZED ALL THE TIME. LOSING MY BALANCE,HEARING A FAINT NOISE WHEN I MOVE MY EYES.I GET VERY DISORIENTED WHEN I MOVE MY EYES OR HEAD. I FIND IT HARD TO FOCUS,WITH BLURRY VISION. WHEN I TOLD MY DR HE HAS PUT ME ON CLONAZEPAM TO RELIEVE THESE ISSUES. AFTER TAKING THEM FOR 24 HOURS, TODAY IS THE WORST DAY I HAVE HAD YET.I CAN HARDLY WALK IN A STRAIGHT LINE.IT IS VERY SCARY.BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE READ OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS, IT IS STILL REALLY SCARY AND HORRIFYING. AND SO ALONE,KNWOING THAT ANY LIL THING CAN SET YOU OFF INTO A RAGE WHERE YOU WILL BECOME UNCONTROLLABLE.I HOPE THIS ENDS SOON.

I don't know how my reply is going to show up, plese bear with me here. I've been prescribed going off Cymbalta from 120mg for over a year ( maybe close to two). It was working great for me as far as depression goes. It's also used but not approved for Fibromyalgia pain but did seemingly little for me on that front, until now I discover that worse pain has moved in without it. The vomitting has lasted for three days now, only in the mornings, thank God. The snapping and fireworks in my brain have been the most disturbing along with the dizzy feelings it creates. I don't want to eat or drink anything. I feel like this are more the side effects of first using this than going off of it. Yes! the noise you describe in your brain from movement and/or just thought (it seems) is driving me crazy! A zapping buzz is such and accurate description. Thanks for posting and keeping me feeling sane through this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users