• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

This post is simple...I am still an angry, crying, lightning brain striking mess! Have not been at the company I own for over a week! I am trying the prozac to see if it helps. I can say that I have been on it (prozac) before for years and got off with Zero side effects. Reading other posts and seeing it has helped some...I am going for it. My 10 year old brought me flowers and made me a sign "Get well soon Mommy". Man, if that is not a reality check I don't know what is! My side effects have made me a totally different person. I am no longer sweet but angry and sad and just a complete train wreck. I will post my results but please note..I am no doctor and am not suggesting this for anyone but I am desperate!

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

Hope that trying this eases some of your discomfort and you are able to feel more like yourself quickly.

There are several sites (some posted by psychiatrists) that document the 1 dose of prozac to help alleviate SSRI/SNRI symptoms with success. At my worst, I did not know about this option and by the time I went to a new doctor, they felt I was a little too traumatized (45 days frozen turkey) to try the one prozac method.

Pulling for you that this helps you quickly.

#3 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

Oh, thank you. I am really wanting to see for myself if this will atleast keep me out of bed. I had some Prozac left over in my cabinet so I thought "it can't kick me too bad while I'm already down! I will keep posting. Thank you.

#4 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

I hope it works for you too, and as Sarah said, that information is recommended by many docs.

Keep reminding yourself that it is the drug and not you that is causing all of these feelings. Post here as often as you need to, as Sarah and I pop in and out frequently. Granted, we aren't doctors either, but we can listen and offer an electronic shoulder when you need it.

#5 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

That is so good to know. My husband stopped by the herbal store last night and they were out of the good Omega-3...I lost my mind and hope. Woke up this morning a crying mess and with a "what the heck" attitude and popped the prozac! Then I had deep regrets but getting over it. After all, I am on the computer still and not in bed..haha.

#6 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

Okay, go to Drugstore.com and order it. They deliver very quickly, and they are about $5 cheaper than most health food stores. Here is the link: http://www.drugstore... ... 10&Go.y=14

I think they even have express delivery. I order a lot of stuff there and have always had good luck.

#7 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

I love drugstore.com, okay, this is off the subject but, I order IPR 3 for my dancing daughters calouses(?) on her feet from there and I use it for my dry heels...it works great too! Back to our subject, they ordered the Omega -3 for my husband yesterday and are calling him when it comes in. Thank you for the info though - I didn't think about ordering there.

#8 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

Day 46 off Cymbalta, when I was prescribed Celexa and took it, I felt relief in a about 4 hours. Took a few days to feel really stable, but relief is relief and I hope you have some shortly.

So I am really pulling for you that "just one prozac" will help to jump start some of your neurotransmitters.

The fact that you are able to be on the computer now and make sense is an accomplishment.

#9 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

Yes, I am back. Cannot sleep darnit! My brain lighning is striking everytime I shift my eyes! I am so brain fogged and dizzy but can still type!haha
It's been about well, I dont remember what time I took the prozac but waiting for a miracle any hour now!Okay, I'll be realistic. I am by myself today, the house is quiet, kids are in school. I'll let you know how I hold up tonight when the zoo starts. Staring at this computer is killing my brain so I'll log in tonight.
Thanks everyone!

#10 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

I can actually say that I am some better tonight. Seem to still anger easily but, no crying, brain fog is better, pulse is ok, but those darn brain shocks are still very bad. My brain is still not functioning well and I still get confused easily, I am tired but, do not feel hopeless and scared anymore so, yes, that means I am a bit better tonight. I am going to continue to pop a prozac for the next few days because tonight I do see some light at the end of this tunnel

#11 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

I can actually say that I am some better tonight. Seem to still anger easily but, no crying, brain fog is better, pulse is ok, but those darn brain shocks are still very bad. My brain is still not functioning well and I still get confused easily, I am tired but, do not feel hopeless and scared anymore so, yes, that means I am a bit better tonight. I am going to continue to pop a prozac for the next few days because tonight I do see some light at the end of this tunnel

Keep hanging in there, you can do it. The brain zaps don't seem to want to leave easily, but they do lessen in intensity. After over 30 days off, and about 10 days with very few zaps, they have decided to visit me again the last 2 days! So, I just a breakfast for supper, with eggs and sausage and all that stuff, and a big glass of oj, hoping that will help. Ick Still they are not as bad as before.

We are pulling for you!

#12 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

So glad to hear that it did some good. I don't remember if sent you the link to the prozac stuff, but here it is again. It says that one Prozac might do it and a second dose might be necessary.

Prozac has a half life of 7 days, and takes 21 days to totally eliminate from your system. Cymbalta half life about 13 hours so about 36 hours it's gone from your system.

I wish my old doctor (and me for that matter) knew about some of this stuff, but that is water under the bridge now, I hope it helps you and others in the future.

Let us know how you are doing please!

Here's the link for you in case you did not have it:
http://depression.ab.../withdrawal.htm

#13 Melissa41

Melissa41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

Please hang in there....I am on day 5 weening off 30mg to now 10 mg and 5mg Lexapro...hardly any side effects. Little dizzy and vivid dreams. I believe the answer is you MUST take something else....your Prozac small dose while weening down to get off Cymbalta. I believe it helps so much and then you can get off the Prozac with ease. I tried getting off Cymbalta alone and could not do it..the side effects horrible but I am able with 5mg Lexapro.

Please hang in there!!!!

#14 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

Slept for a few hrs tonight, just woke up.....I am feeling much better! I cannot believe it! Two days ago I thought I was going to die! The prozac is working for me!!!??? Oh! my hubby also brought home my Omega-3 - took that earlier too. I am going to try another dose of my prozac tomorrow with my Omega. Hey, I may be a new woman tomorrow! Thank you for the link Sarah J....I did not know that they meant 1dose (I figured it was 1 daily dose)

#15 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:06 AM

Great! So glad it helped you. If only one dose of Prozac will help when you already feel worse than pond scum, I don't understand why many doctors do not know about this.

Or worse yet, why do so many doctors sit there, who have never gone through Cymbalta withdrawal and tell you that withdrawal does not exist? Or why do they try to call it "discontinuation syndrome"?

Suggest to one of your doctors to review a forum like this, and most will look at you as if you have lost your mind. We are the actual users of this stuff with the actual, very real, experiences.

#16 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

Good morning everyone - yes, I am smiling (that is the first thing my hubby said he noticed this morning about me too). I am usually a very comical person and that is returning too. Anyway, took my 2nd dose of 20mg prozac this morning. Brain shivers are WAY lighter. The kids pushed me to my limit this morning and I was fine! OMG! I am so excited! I cleaned the kitchen then the energy was gone (didn't last long). I am still pretty emotional but no more intense rage or hysterically crying ...wow I was in intense rage and crying just 3 days ago! Anxiety is very slight that it is noticeable but not too bothersome. Brain fog still there but slightly more clear. Tightening chest and racing pulse is 80% better. Wanted to let everyone know about my personal results and I do see a bright light at the end of this tunnel today. A big hug to everyone that has helped me and to everyone dealing with the Cymbalta devil (I stole that saying..thank you) - hang in there as "this too shall pass" XOXO

#17 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:03 AM

That is such wonderful news!!! Don't you just feel such a sense of relief? I mean, every milestone is something to celebrate, and not feeling the extreme emotions is a huge one! Yay~~~~ :mrgreen:

#18 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

Yes! My goodness..I am sitting here looking back and I actually cannot believe what has been happening to me and the rest of us!

#19 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

Just to let you know...Yesterday was day 3 on 20mg prozac and I actually went out to dinner with hubby last night! My train wreck seems to be over! I woke up this morning and I'm going to attempt grocery shopping - which was impossible 2 weeks ago with cymbalta crap. Good luck to everyone getting on or off of cymbalta...stay here at this forum until you are better, this forum was my life saver and eveyone is so supportive and we all know what you are going through! Thank you everyone for your support as I feel almost back to normal - No more brain shivers, rage, crying, sleeping all day - though still tired but getting better every day. Thanks again. Bristen XOXO

#20 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:42 AM

Wonderful! It sounds like the process is working well for you! Good luck, and please keep us posted!

#21 nrsk1

nrsk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:55 AM

I could't either- so I tried in every way to "remove" myself from the world out there.... I am sending you a page to look at- an American therapist on a visit to my country. I am not very good at this, so I will just write it down: http://www.modum-bad...cle.aspx?m=1317
You may ask why I am still on this forum"Somebody" said it was "wrong" to get through the night with sleepingpills." Somebody" gave me lots of pils, but when I could't sleep any more, drank too much, gave me Cymbalta. You just don't give Cymbalta to people who don't sleep, and therefor,
drink too much! "Somebody" thinks I should just terminate the rest of my sleeping aid after ten years. "Somebody" says that eventually you will fall asleep!
Ranting on, am I. yes: but I went coldt. two weeks ago, forgot the Truxal...went to work...had a good cry... mailed you lot...and am now having a good cup of tea!

#22 bristen

bristen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

Hi everyone,
I promised an update so here I am. Back to work (since Mon.), happy, no brain lightning, no pulse problems. Currently weaning off of prozac - doing 10 mg this week. Taking an Omega 3, Vitamin E, and complex B vitamin - wow, what energy! I also always, and have for years, drink a protein shake in the morning (just thought I would throw that in). I am going anti-depressant free (wish me luck!) and just going to slip a Klonopin if my anxiety comes back. Good luck everyone.

#23 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

Great news!! I'm glad you are feeling so much better, that has to be such a relief! Keep us posted on your progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users