#1 magillicuddy

magillicuddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    about to stop cymbalta afer 17 months for TOS

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

Recap : was on Cymbalta for 18 months for Thoracic OUtlet Syndrome ... went from 60 mg to 30 mg daily for 3 weeks and dr. suggested 3 more weeks, every other day, but after reading this forum, decided to break open the capsules and reduce my 30 mg to half daily (more or less since I'm not counting out those little white balls !). Have done this for 4 days now. At the same time as withdrawing from Cymbalta I am also going through a divorce (which has been on and off for over three years now but we decided to go through with it) so now is maybe not the best time to get off Cymbalta but ... My future ex and I decided that the past was the past and we wouldn't bring it up, but he does otherwise and has basically gotten a bit mean and nasty about all that's wrong with me. Anyway, over the past week, I've broken down in tears sobbing (hiding in the bathroom etc.) uncontrollably. I've been thinking about how to make suicide look like an accident (life insurance for my kids and "ex" to be) and at the same time I feel like I'm one of those cartoons where you have the devil on one side and an angel on the other, and the angel says, no it's just the Cymbalta, and the devil says, no it's you you useless piece of crap. So today's question is : can Cymbalta do this too? Or is this my reality kicking in (the divorce)? I have no one to talk to (I live in Europe and no one knows about this divorce so...) but should I go to my gen. phys. and throw this at him? I'm just afraid he is going to tell me to stay on the Cymbalta and I really want to get off the Cymbalta.

#2 I am who I am

I am who I am

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

Hey M-

I am also working on weaning and do it like you do, (gulp), by not counting exactly but eyeballing them in half. CYMBALTA is quite evil and will make you feel crazy. Isn't that ironic?

I've been writing on this site (and also doing a lot of reading), and have some things in common with you!!! I would love for you to check out what I've written so far about weaning and about some of the side effects. My page is titled: "Please Help; weaning on my own and need advice and encouragement". A person's page that I like to read is 'KrisAnn's Diary'. She also went through a divorce, has kids, and writes about her side effects and day to day things. It's to helpful to know we aren't the only ones.

I can tell you that even though I just started going through some rough crap the past few days- I just moved to the other side of the country for my guy, and now we are having some seriously awful days. I don't know what I would do if we broke up while I live here, I don't have any family here and haven't met any people I would call 'good friends' yet. BUT I'm on half the Cymbalta I started on, and feel the most refreshed and hopeful than I have for a long time- especially when I was on a full dose of Cymbalta.

There's HOPE!!! Feel free to 'friend' me and email me anytime! I'm here!!

P.s. where in Europe?

#3 magillicuddy

magillicuddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    about to stop cymbalta afer 17 months for TOS

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

Thanks everyone... I saw my MD and when I told him about the divorce proceedings, he was like, oh you should have told me that... so I'm back on to 30 mgs at least for 3 months. As I mentioned, this was originally for nerve pain so I figured so what if I'm going through emotional turmoil, but he said, an antidespressant is an antidepressant and withdrawal can wreak havoc even if it's not for depression in the first place. So. I'm in France by the way. TO be continued.

#4 I am who I am

I am who I am

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:19 AM

A friend recently sent me this blog, and I had to pass it on to some of my favorite people on this site- anyone who has felt any 'rage' will love this post!

Check out any of her other posts as well... but be careful if you read them at work- you will laugh out LOUD!! They are HILARIOUS!!!

http://hyperboleanda...ate-spiral.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users