Photo

Still Miserable - I've Been 100% Off For 3 Weeks..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:44 AM

Dear 'xxoskeleton':
First it is a shame, that antidepressants are prescribed so easily to mentally healthy people when going through rough times in life. I think the external stressors (boyfriend, best friend, work, etc) could have been solved some other way (talk therapy maybe). For me there are 2 types of depression. One is the chemical depression, which is suffered by people with imbalances in brain neurotrasmitters. The second type is suffered by any healthy person in their life when going through a hard time.

It is good that you only took 30mg and that you only took it for 2 months. Since it seems you were too sensible to this product, a higher dose would have been worse.

I have also experienced Fatigue.

It is curious that you mentioned that your "brain shut off". When I started weaning I experienced this same symptom. I didn´t know what it was, until I posted it on this site and someone mentioned it could be a seizure. In my case I didn´t have the shaking or uncontrollable movements.

Quitting cold turkey or real fast, is not recommended, but since you had seizures as a side effect I think it was the best thing your doctor and neurologist could have done.

Speech problems, flu like symptoms, headache, sleepiness, irritability, weepiness, have been withdrawal symptoms I have experienced. I can so relate with your phrase "Every day it's some other weird physical problem I would never have guessed I would have". There is always a new symptom!

I am not a doctor. But I definitely think this is a temporary situation not a permanent damage. Your body/brain are just getting used to be without the medication.
Besides, you didn´t have all this symptoms when cymbalta was first prescribed, so I think you will go back to what you were before cymbalta. A healthy person.

From what I´ve read on this site, withdrawal last different from person to person.
Going to the first paragraph I wrote. I think you were a normal person who was just depressed and stressed by external things (environment) in your life. It seems that you had no chemical imbalance. So there is a lot of hope for you.

hugs
Cookie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users