Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

I used to have night sweets too. And all the other things you talked about.
My advise to you is to read may post from others who have gone before you. Lots of trial and error. But most finally fiind their way. The slower you go the less painful it will be.

Good faith,
Debbie

#2 barebones

barebones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to come off cymbalta

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:45 AM

Thanks debbie

Thought i would update a little from yesterday.

I became really ill late evening after i had my dinner, i ended up being sick and my husband was worried about me. He helped me reduce the amount in the capsuls and was able to put it back together, so i will try one this morning.

I ended up being in bed from after being sick and slept whole night, but when i woke this morning, my blood pressure ended up coming down quickly, which ok is fine as i do have problems with low blood pressure, but really could do with out it this morn.

I guess i will have to see how things go with reducing the amount.

xx

#3 barebones

barebones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

I just thought i would update, im still on the 10% withdraw and due to go further on tuesday. I have to way, weaning and taking it out of my capsul has helped much better than cold turkey. I have had only had occasionaly slight headache, but then, not sure if its down to that or not. Other than, been doing ok.

I am due to see my pdoc this coming week and im going to tell her what has happened and make sure a report is put forward about this drug.

Also i never actually added, the thing about me coming off or being on drugs is i have malasorption, so its hard for me to know if its been obsorbed fully or not. Like i said,im not doing to badly. Next part is i shall try for another 10% or if this is to much is go down only 5%.

Thanks for all the info on the forum and help. xx

#4 barebones

barebones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Thought i would update on how my withdrawel is going.

I think im on my 4th or 5th week of going down 10% each week, havent had to much prob, i sometimes get headaches.

Why im posting again is due to yesterday, i missed my reduced dose and took it today, and sickness started again! that was until i guess the tab worked.

I am getting worried, so if i keep reducing, and at the end of the amount am i going to get ill? i mean the point in withdrawing is to reduce ofcause, but also not to get the side effects. So when it comes to 0 am i going to be ill?

Sry just bit worried. Maybe its going to take more than 10 weeks to get off this drug!

#5 Caroline

Caroline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:
    Weaning off cylbalta

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Hi Barebones,
I can relate to your wish to get off this stuff as soon as possible...without major symptoms...I hate the headache mine are worse than a bad migraine and the sweating. This Saturday I was in yoga class after reducing another 10 beads and I was sweating in the warm up like I do when we get warm and intense in our poses... and had the headache, but ironically after the class the headache went away. I guess we will need to be patient as we slowly wean from this stuff...I've seen it called devil drug..or we can suffer the withdrawals...I want off but want to not suffer.

Take it slow,
C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users