God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

Dear Molly:
It is very important that you have your doctor´s support while weaning. If he is against weaning, then please ask him the reasons why?. This might be very useful information to find out if the symptoms you are having are withdrawal or returning of initial illness. At the end the doctor who prescribed cymbalta to you must have given you an initial diagnosis before doing it. And knows the reasons why he is against stopping cymbalta

Cymbalta comes in 60mg, 30mg, 20mg. So the smallest capsule size sold is 20mg

I you decide to open cymbalta capsules and take beads out, I think the safest thing you can do is to reclose it.

I do not think that B vitamins can help to flush the medication from your body. However B-complex vitamins are good for the brain. However, it will be important that you ask your doctor about this vitamins before taking them.

I am not a doctor just someone who has taken cymbalta. I do not think that the withdrawal symptoms are caused by the body not being able to get rid or flush cymbalta. The withdrawal symptoms are caused by the lack of cymbalta and the brain getting used to live without it.

Hugs
Cookie

#2 barebones

barebones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to come off cymbalta

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hi i would like to add, if ur in UK or in scotland where i am, 30mg is NOT available anymore.

I am on my 5th day of weaning out of my 60mg capsuls. I have started with 10% out of it. I havent had any probs i know of i think, ive been getting little headaches, other than that, i havent had any of the really bad withdrawels i had last weekend.

I am going to try another 10% from tues, if that is to much, i will then change is to 5%, so all in all it will be on 2nd week 15 or 20% out of the capsul.

Hope this helps a little, im trying this out for first time myself, and also this place has helped heaps in knowing that im not alone in this.

good luck x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users