God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:53 AM

Dear Jeanette:
Everyone is different. I didn´t have stomach issues while taking full dose of cymbalta.

If you already knew cymbalta was causing the extreme stomach pain, I wonder why your doctor increase the dose from 30mg to 60mg???

Stopping cold turkey maximizes withdrawal symptoms. I have weaned slowly from 60mg to 19mg so far by doing weekly drops.

I´ve experienced the irritation, I am thirsty, feel like crying. I have read many descriptions of brain zaps and all of them sound different to me. You mention that “it feels like for a split second many times a day like my whole body stops”. What happened to me twice was that it felt that my brain stopped for a few seconds. Then someone suggested it could have been a mild seizure. Another symptom I have felt is electricity throughout my body.

I know it feels like “you will never be the same again”, but you will get better sooner or later. Your brain is just getting used to work without the pill. I am still on cymbalta but I quit another psychiatric pill on january and felt horrible and thought I won´t feel well again. After 4 months I was back to “normal”.

It is important that you have some doctor support during this period of adjustment
Hugs
Cookie

#2 mojo

mojo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:
    difficulty getting off Cymbalta

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:33 PM

Jeanette, Your post reminded me so much of what I have been going through! I have taken Cymbalta for six years and I am having increasing stomach problems with bad nausea and cramping. I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and gallbladder testing. I have surgery scheduled for Monday for an ovarian cyst and possible adhesions. I don't know why but about a month ago it occured to me that maybe it is the Cymbalta. I know their main side effects listed is nausea. Please let me know how you are doing and if your stomach symptoms are improving from being off of it. I am slowly tapering off now, but am going to stay at 40 mgs. for a bit, at least til after my surgery. The last time I tried to get off it was a disaster and I ended up right back on it, but if it could be causing my stomach problems, I really want to get off it. I hope you are getting better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users