cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:17 AM

A few things that helped me are Omega-3 pills. Lots of water and exercise. Also see if you can get a prescription for Seroquel. It is a sedative that takes a lot of the side effects away. It is non addictive. helps with sleep too.

Also In my experience you should not drop down from a high dose. You should taper down form say 60mg to 50mg at a time at the most.

He can get off this drug but it takes time and a lot of perseverance. I started 7 months ago at 120mg and now I am on my 7th day at 0mg. The only lasting side effect for me now is insomnia. I can't sleep without Seroquil. Stay away from benzodiazepines. They are very addictive.

As far as the temper goes,you pretty much have to ride it out. Mine was real bad. I went from 0 to 100 in a blink of an eye. I threw things and yelled. So I know what he is going through. But, it only subsides after a long time and a lot of hard work. I got myself a therapist and worked out my problems. Some of it is the meds and some of it is not. NEVER use the excuse that It's only the drug, take responsibility for your actions and work through it. It will make your transition to 0mg a lot more fulfilling

good luck

Dear Ryan:
I am glad that you were able to drop from 120mg to 0mg in just 7 months and that the only symptom you have right now is insomnia, which I am sure will get better, Please keep me posted on your progress.
Hugs
Cookie

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

Dear Cortnie:
Quitting cold turkey from 30mg to zero is too much.
I´ve been weaning slowly, making 2,5mg drops weekly to get from 30mg to 20mg. And still I had to take a break from weaning and stop at 20mg for a while for symptoms to stabilize.
I can´t imagine what it would be like to just stop taking the pill and drop 30mg to zero. I also have insomnia.
Maybe I am not the right person to give you advice on how to minimize withdrawal symptoms, because I am still on cymbalta.

However I think that natural water would be better than gatorade.

Hugs
Cookie

#3 cymbalta is as bad as junk

cymbalta is as bad as junk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been battling this drug for a long time. It is a dangerous and addictive substance, which causes users to not only have withdrawal syndrome, but addictive behaviours, like seeking the drug out, while withdrawing, or even later. This drug is as hard as some illegal ones, and some that SHOULD be illegal, like alcohol. Hopefully soon, the world will know how bad it REALLY is.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

I have a pretty good perspective on how your BF is feeling.

I have borderline disorder. I have anger problems..really more like psychotic rage problems. I had been on 120mg cymbalta for a year. I weaned down for a month. It has been 2 months since I have been 'clean' and I am still sick.

Borderline disorder cannot be cured. While cymbalta reduced my symptoms to slight moodiness and depression (from a world of Hell), I had to go off it because my insurance ended with my employment at a foodservice contractor. Cymbalta is too expensive for me to buy retail-price.

My BF has been through alot, dealing with my fits. I lash out, for no reason, I get delusional and paranoid. Hostile and accusatory. It is bad, for me and anyone around me. I almost got in deep trouble, because I tried to stab someone, when I was schyz'ed out.

If I could tell you something that I thought would help you, I would say:

Please be patient with him. Would you leave someone if they had diabetes or another chronic illness? Mental illnesses are usually incurable. While it is very foolish for someone to think they dont need their meds anymore, it only takes a little while to have withdrawal symptoms, and those usually exacerbate existing mental conditions.

I would also suggest looking into tramadol and prozac. I have read that they can alleviate the withdrawal symptoms. But, then, if cymb. detox takes this long for everybody, might just ride it out.

Hope it all works out for both of you, anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users