#1 bonitabay

bonitabay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    about to start tapering off Cymbalta

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

Hi all! I was put on Cymbalta about 9 months ago to get through some tough times, mentally and medically, and it helped me so much, really was a lifesaver. However, I always planned on it being temporary and my husband and I would like to start a family so I went to my Dr. about getting off of it. She put me on a tapering schedule going from 60mgs a day down to 30 mgs a day and then going 30 mgs every other day until I am off. I wish I would have read/known about these forums before I started as I might have begun this differently based on all your experiences! So, I am on day four of going from 60 mg to 30 mg and here is the thing...I don't feel anything different, other than actually a bit more outgoing and "up"...how long will it be before I start feeling some withdrawl from going down so drastically? I know it is different for everyone but want to be as prepared as possible for the side effects! How long did it take before you started feeling withdrawl...anything anyone could share would be much appreciated :)
On a side note, after reading these forums I am not going to follow the exact taper schedule the doctor gave me...I plan on sticking with 60 mg to 30 mg since I am already into it, but will then start counting beads, as recommended, when I start going down from 30 mgs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users