• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 findingheidi

findingheidi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for over 2 years and I want off. I am on day 3 of cold turkey and looking for insight.

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

Hello there!

My name is Heidi and I have been on Cymbalta 60 once a day for 2 years or so and was increased to twice a day about 6 months ago. I am so over taking this medication.

I am 36, mother of 2 and work 2 jobs. I want to not be on this medication at all. I have stopped cold turkey and I am on day 5 I think. I am surviving but for sure have some crappy side effects. Dizzy, bad dreams, happy to monster in less then 2 seconds, that kind of stuff.

I have been reading some of your posts and I quite worried actually. This sounds like a horror story to come off of.

I have not told my doc yet but plan on calling her next week.

Hope I make it out of this intact!

Any advice is appreciated.

Heidi

#2 LindainAZ

LindainAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta is a nightmare

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hang in there, Heidi. I don't recommend cold turkey. :(

#3 Clear123

Clear123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Wanting to talk with others coming off Cymbalta

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hello there!

My name is Heidi and I have been on Cymbalta 60 once a day for 2 years or so and was increased to twice a day about 6 months ago. I am so over taking this medication.

I am 36, mother of 2 and work 2 jobs. I want to not be on this medication at all. I have stopped cold turkey and I am on day 5 I think. I am surviving but for sure have some crappy side effects. Dizzy, bad dreams, happy to monster in less then 2 seconds, that kind of stuff.

I have been reading some of your posts and I quite worried actually. This sounds like a horror story to come off of.

I have not told my doc yet but plan on calling her next week.

Hope I make it out of this intact!

Any advice is appreciated.

Heidi

#4 Clear123

Clear123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Wanting to talk with others coming off Cymbalta

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

I just came across this site and your story seems to be the closest to my own. I want off Cymbalta so much!!! I was taking 120 mg/day for the last 2+ years.
I am doing it cold turkey and stopped about 7 days ago. The withdrawal has been difficult. I've experienced horrible nightmares and severe nausea, and dizziness.

I would not recommend this to anyone but if I've come this far I'm hoping to go the rest of the way. I'm a bit nervous when I read about it taking others several weeks to months, that I can't do.
has anyone else been on my high dose?

#5 Joh

Joh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to taper off Cymbalta

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

Heidi,

It is hard to predict with Cymbalta, but you are right going cold turkey is not advised. For me the mood stuff has been the hardest. I am taking 30 mgs. of Prozac to get off of the Cymbalta, I am down to 2mgs of Cybalta. It has taken me 4 months to get here starting at 50 mgs.

I guess you have a couple of options depending how bad things are. Also how much can your children tolerate, with you like this?

You can keep off the Cymbalta, and get a prescription for 10 mg Prozac and take at least 20mgs to start with to help your mood.(Of course your doctor would have to agree to this).

The other option would be to go back on the Cymbalta and take enough so your symptoms are tolerable and then wean yourself off more slowly.

I hope this helps, maybe someone else has other ideas. Good luck to you.

#6 findingheidi

findingheidi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for over 2 years and I want off. I am on day 3 of cold turkey and looking for insight.

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

I just came across this site and your story seems to be the closest to my own. I want off Cymbalta so much!!! I was taking 120 mg/day for the last 2+ years.
I am doing it cold turkey and stopped about 7 days ago. The withdrawal has been difficult. I've experienced horrible nightmares and severe nausea, and dizziness.

I would not recommend this to anyone but if I've come this far I'm hoping to go the rest of the way. I'm a bit nervous when I read about it taking others several weeks to months, that I can't do.
has anyone else been on my high dose?

#7 findingheidi

findingheidi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

HI there!

I am going on 2weeks or so off and I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER! I did feel pretty crappy for the first week but bit by bit I am feeling more normal. I still have some insomnia and these brain dizzies but they are much less frequent!

I hope that you are able to stay off and feel better soon!!!

Heidi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users