#1 PalmSpringsLady

PalmSpringsLady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    i am struggling with Cymbalta

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

This forum has been so helpful. I have been on 30 mgs. Cymbalta for several years. My doc finally agreed to let me take 20mgs, which I did for 2 months. My side effects lessened and I didn't feel any more depressed. However, when I saw him after two months to monitor a further lower dosage, he wanted me to go back to 30 mgs. for two weeks "just to see". I just can't do this, as I have come a long way already. He's not a great communicator, but will work with me most of the time. What should I say when I go back and how do I go from here? I want to say that I have decreased my dose and don't want to go back and that I would like to go down to 10 mgs. a day for a few months. Or should I lie and just say I went back up to 30 mgs for 2 weeks and it was awful and now I want to go down to 10 mgs. I am still taking 20 mgs. a day until I figure out what to do. I know it will be a lot harder going from 20 mgs to 10mgs, so I want to keep him through this next period. Thanks for your help.

#2 PalmSpringsLady

PalmSpringsLady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

'Lil Ole Lady,
Thanks for your note of support.

#3 JulieH

JulieH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am interested in quitting taking Cymbalta. :)

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

This forum has been so helpful. I have been on 30 mgs. Cymbalta for several years. My doc finally agreed to let me take 20mgs, which I did for 2 months. My side effects lessened and I didn't feel any more depressed. However, when I saw him after two months to monitor a further lower dosage, he wanted me to go back to 30 mgs. for two weeks "just to see". I just can't do this, as I have come a long way already. He's not a great communicator, but will work with me most of the time. What should I say when I go back and how do I go from here? I want to say that I have decreased my dose and don't want to go back and that I would like to go down to 10 mgs. a day for a few months. Or should I lie and just say I went back up to 30 mgs for 2 weeks and it was awful and now I want to go down to 10 mgs. I am still taking 20 mgs. a day until I figure out what to do. I know it will be a lot harder going from 20 mgs to 10mgs, so I want to keep him through this next period. Thanks for your help.

Why did he want you to go back to a higher dosage if you are feeling so much better? That seems strange!

#4 PalmSpringsLady

PalmSpringsLady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

I thought it was strange too. I wondered if anyone else had this experience with their doctor. I did ask him why, and all he said was 'let's just see'. Of course, I'm not going to do it.

#5 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

I thought it was strange too. I wondered if anyone else had this experience with their doctor. I did ask him why, and all he said was 'let's just see'. Of course, I'm not going to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users