Jude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    trying to get off cymbalta

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

Iam on day 10 with no cymbalta.....i was weaning from 30mg..you know,1day on,1day off...i finally decided i wanted off the drug TOTALLY :blink: i had read
some different help ideas on here so i am using them all...lol..i still have all the withdrawal symptons but,they have diminished dramatically in the last4 days....i almost feel normal...yay!! :P i have also gained around 30 lbs.I am hoping that will start dropping in time...anyway the things that i believe have helped me are:

omega3(fish oil)
Vitamin B complex
Lots of gatorade
dramamine
lots of sleep

coming here everyday is a great emotional boost also.Thankyou everyone,you have been part of my recovering...i am not 100% yet,i would say about70%.there is light at the end of the tunnel. :) hang in there,tuff it out and stay in touch with people here and of course your spiritual support.

#2 Johnh

Johnh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOntario
  • why_joining:
    I am on Drugs of all kinds and need advice

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hey Jude,

Don't make it bad...take a sad song and make it better .... Sorry couldn't resist :).

I just wanted you to know that since getting off the Cymbalta I lost all the weight I gained. I wasn't even trying, it just happened!

So Jude you also have that to look forward to.

John

#3 Jude

Jude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

Hey Jude,

Don't make it bad...take a sad song and make it better .... Sorry couldn't resist :).

I just wanted you to know that since getting off the Cymbalta I lost all the weight I gained. I wasn't even trying, it just happened!

So Jude you also have that to look forward to.

John

#4 Jude

Jude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:39 AM

Thanks John....no sorrys for the song... B) now i have hope the weight won't be a big deal...hey ,once the brain zaps,etc are totally gone,i will feel i can accomplish anything! :D

#5 daveyt29

daveyt29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Currently withdrawing from 30mg Cymbaltia and suffering side effects.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

Have you tried 5-HTP? I am also on day 10 of withdrawal. The brain zaps are horrid, but 5-HTP really does ease them dramatically. I'm taking 100mg in the morning, and 50mg before bed. It really does help you sleep, and lifts your mood. Here's a brief overview that I found on YouTube.

5-HTP YouTube Video

All the best and well done! Never again will I take an evil antidepressant!

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users