#1 gonnadoit

gonnadoit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    need help coming off cymbalta

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

My name is Joy and I'm 26 years old. I've been on Cymbalta 30mg for 3 years. I've tried multiple times to come off cold turkey without success.

I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder in September '07 and was put on Seroquel 200mg and Cymbalta. I can honestly say that Cymbalta saved my life because I was very suicidal. My Dr. and I feel I'm now stable enough to try and come off the anti-depressant. He weaned me down to 20mg and told me to come off completely after 2 weeks.

I'm now on day 3 and not feeling like myself. I'm functioning but the brain zaps are awkward and distracting. I have also been very emotional and unmotivated. I think I spent a 1/2 hour today crying in the shower over a song I heard on the radio. LOL it's kind of funny.

Anyway, I'm greatful for how the drug helped me but I'm ready to be independent. Hopefully the side effects won't last long and I'll feel normal soon. I'm happy to have this message board for support. If anyone has some pointers or wants to chat I'm up for discussion.

Joy

#2 gonnadoit

gonnadoit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    need help coming off cymbalta

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

UPDATE: I'm now on day 10 of no cymbalta. THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL! I am starting to get my motivation back and feeling normal again. I still can cry at the drop of a dime which is getting a little old. I guess I didn't notice how much my sex drive had diminished because WOW I'm definitely not lacking in that department lately ;) anyway just wanted to let you all know you will eventually start to feel better if you stick with it. Good Luck!

Joy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users