#1 MBJ

MBJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am struggling with withdrawl from cymbalta

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

I've been a fairly cozy camper with Cymbalta for some time now. It was prescribed for pain management due to a disease of my spine and other bone deterioration. Technically, I should be able to afford the Cymbalta, but due to circumstances, I have had to curtail the prescription for a week now. It began easily enough but now I am having problems. I feel a bit numb; sort of disembodied. Dizzy, and have stomach aches. I am thirsty - but then again, I am always thirsty anyway so I can't tell if this is more or not. Same with my headache. Can't tell if it's due to a lack of the Cymbalta or just another bad day.

I've been on 60mg. forever ... okay. Not forever, but for a while. I have also taken a variety of other things to manage my pain from tramadol and darvocet to oxycontin. I also use pain patches. By the way, for me this stuff really helped. I had no weight gain or other negative side effects. I am near despair and hopeless. My pain will not go away. It just gets worse, and now without the Cymbalta, God knows what will happen.

I am CEO of my own non-profit school of arts. I love what I do. It's just that the economy sucks right now and a lot of my grants/donors are unable to give to the school. Last year I got a stipend of $50 - haha. We are all volunteers - and happy to be doing what we are doing. Most of us have husbands who work. Mine does too. But we've also been paying for our grand daughter's hearing aids ($4,000 not covered by insurance) and she's only two - almost completely deaf. What's one going to do? I have to have priorities. Whatever happens, at least I know I've been true to my family. Right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users