#1 Purple Ida

Purple Ida

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Going Cold Turkey!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Ok, im writing for my girlfriend which is lying on the sofa, we are from norway, but i will try to make us understood :). She is kicking Cymbalta cold turkey, and its hard for her. Luckily enough my girl is seriously strong, and she is coping really well. Im so glad we found this site, we just starting searching on Cymbalta the other day, just a few days before she wanted to stop taking it so we read alittle more about it.
So, we found this site 30 min ago, and we're like "WOW" how hard this stuff is to kick, and how serious it is going cold turkey. She is now on the day nr 5, and she is having most of the symptoms. All of the physical, but luckily she hasnt been very down, she had a 20 min crying period but thats about it.

So, she is doing it cold turkey, on day nr 5. She is just wondering how long this might take? She says she will do it cold turkey, she is on day 5 and still going strong. Besides all throwing up, sleeplessness, no appetite, brain zaps etc etc etc. The list is long.

She has been on 60mg Cymbalta for 3-4 years. And went cold turkey on from monday. She wants to do it like that, because
from what it seems, if you do the weaning you keep experiencing hell for a longer period of time.

We will keep reading posts and keep learning. If anyone knows aprox how long this last? Or
aprox how many days will have to pass before she starts feeling alittle better. Physically she cant move, she says
she cant move, she feels like she is on a boat on the open see, and feels weird in the ears when she looks around.
Just wondering, will she feel alittle better soon? We hope these withrawal symptons dont go on for months, we practically got no info on that one.

Any info about this would be great! thanks for this nice site!
Hugs and kisses from Norway!

#2 maddie

maddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am in my 9th day of cold turkey withdrawal from Cymbalta and sort of need to read and/or talk about it.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

I was on Prozac for many years and its effects had worn off so my psychiatrist switched me to Cymbalta. I was on it for 6 weeks and began to have bad side effects. With my psychiatrist's approval I went off of it cold turkey. It is now the ninth day, and while I haven't (as yet?) had the horrendous problems with withdrawal, I am experiencing some odd and uncomfortable things. I have the brain zaps, and CONSTANT buzzing in my head, poor balance, eerie dreams, and extreme extreme fatigue. I've had some high highs, and some lows, but so far haven't experienced a return to depression, thankfully. Don't know what the next few weeks has in store, but I could only do this cold turkey. Dragging it on would have been impossible for me. I want it over and done with, the sooner the better.
The only thing I haven't read about on the withdrawal sites I've been to is the fatigue and weakness I have had. Has anyone else experienced that? It comes to a point where I don't know if it really is the cymbalta withdrawal or if maybe I am sick and should be seeing my family doctor.

#3 maddie

maddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am in my 9th day of cold turkey withdrawal from Cymbalta and sort of need to read and/or talk about it.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Ok, im writing for my girlfriend which is lying on the sofa, we are from norway, but i will try to make us understood :). She is kicking Cymbalta cold turkey, and its hard for her. Luckily enough my girl is seriously strong, and she is coping really well. Im so glad we found this site, we just starting searching on Cymbalta the other day, just a few days before she wanted to stop taking it so we read alittle more about it.
So, we found this site 30 min ago, and we're like "WOW" how hard this stuff is to kick, and how serious it is going cold turkey. She is now on the day nr 5, and she is having most of the symptoms. All of the physical, but luckily she hasnt been very down, she had a 20 min crying period but thats about it.

So, she is doing it cold turkey, on day nr 5. She is just wondering how long this might take? She says she will do it cold turkey, she is on day 5 and still going strong. Besides all throwing up, sleeplessness, no appetite, brain zaps etc etc etc. The list is long.

She has been on 60mg Cymbalta for 3-4 years. And went cold turkey on from monday. She wants to do it like that, because
from what it seems, if you do the weaning you keep experiencing hell for a longer period of time.

We will keep reading posts and keep learning. If anyone knows aprox how long this last? Or
aprox how many days will have to pass before she starts feeling alittle better. Physically she cant move, she says
she cant move, she feels like she is on a boat on the open see, and feels weird in the ears when she looks around.
Just wondering, will she feel alittle better soon? We hope these withrawal symptons dont go on for months, we practically got no info on that one.

Any info about this would be great! thanks for this nice site!
Hugs and kisses from Norway!

When I went to my doctor to discuss this and the side effects...she phoned Eli Lilly and asked for any info they could give her about it. Particularly how long the effects of withdrawal last. She called and told me she had good news and bad news. The good news is...these side effects will DEFINITELY go away....the bad news, they can't say how long it will take. It is different with every person. My doctor was shocked when she got the entire info from Eli Lilly because her rep did not tell her any of this, and Eli Lilly was reluctant to send her the full report that they have about withdrawal. But she is VERY "persuasive..and she now says that she will be much more cautious about prescribing it. I wish I could help your girlfriend in some way. I was only on it for 6 weeks..5 wks on 30mg and 1 week on 60mg. I had the seasickness and head turning dizzyness for 48 hours, and then it turned into poor balance. Still having the sleeplessness and buzzing in the ears. My wonderful psychiatrist has been phoning me every day which helps. I hope that your girl is doing it with the support of her doctor. Give her hugs from me and tell her that I understand what she is going thru, but in the long run being off of this will be worth it.
Hugs and kisses back to Norway from Canada.

#4 Purple Ida

Purple Ida

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Going Cold Turkey!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for the reply! My girlfriend is going through the whole list of withrawal symptoms, she has been on it 5 years on 60mg :/ Yes, i have read about this Eli Lilly. Good businessman it seems, i BET that full Withrawal rapport would shed light on some things!

"they can't say how long it will take. It is different with every person"... Doesnt this really mean that the drug isnt very reliable?

Anyway, thanks for the nice hugs from Canada. This site gives my girl some pep, so thanks for the replies :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users