• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anothersideofme

anothersideofme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been taking 60 mg of cymbalta for about two years and am preparing to start weaning.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

I haven't started the weaning process yet. I take 60 mg. for anxiety/panic. I've been researching and just started posting on here. No one has replied to anything yet though :(. Anyway, I had a nightmare last night that I was weaning and I was having a panic attack. Felt like I would not ever feel better. Then, i woke up allright, but ended up having an anxiety attack early this afternoon. Not a horrible one, just enough to remind me of what they feel like. I do have a constant anxious feeling since being on cymbalta, but sudden anxious spikes or episodes are scary. Anyway, I'm probably researching and reading other's horror stories a little too much, huh?

#2 maddie

maddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am in my 9th day of cold turkey withdrawal from Cymbalta and sort of need to read and/or talk about it.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

I haven't started the weaning process yet. I take 60 mg. for anxiety/panic. I've been researching and just started posting on here. No one has replied to anything yet though :(. Anyway, I had a nightmare last night that I was weaning and I was having a panic attack. Felt like I would not ever feel better. Then, i woke up allright, but ended up having an anxiety attack early this afternoon. Not a horrible one, just enough to remind me of what they feel like. I do have a constant anxious feeling since being on cymbalta, but sudden anxious spikes or episodes are scary. Anyway, I'm probably researching and reading other's horror stories a little too much, huh?

I think you probably are. I did the same thing..read all of the scary stuff and while it is not easy, especially cold turkey, I am not necessarily having the horrifying symptoms that I have read about on various sites. One of them said to expect rage and paranoia and to warn your family that this will happen. I'm nine days in, cold turkey, and haven't raged at anyone yet. They are still waiting... and instead we are laughing about it. But I don't mean to make light of it, its difficult. However, I want off of this so badly that I will put up with it and eventually it will be out of my system. So, make sure you go thru whichever method you pick, with the assistance of a doctor. That for me has been extremely important....I can call her at any time if I feel the need. Good luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users