God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

Dear Ryan:
I am very interested to know how you do from now on. I am also weaning off of cymbalta, and I want to plan ahead what to do when I get down to 0mg.

I have also taking antidepressants for some time and want to be medicine free.

When you say that when one gets to 0mg is "ALL YOU", no more chemicals....how can one be sure if the symptoms one is having is "ALL ME"????....or it is withdrawal???
In your post you mention several psychological and physical symptoms, like being hard to put together sentences or pain on your legs....Did you have this 15 years before when you first took an antidepressant???

I ask you this, because during weaning I have felt symptoms I had never experienced before taking cymbalta.

I would like to be -traditional medicine- free, but I do know I need a little help with my depression. I would like to try a natural therapy like homeopathy. Any suggestions???

hugs
Cookie

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Dear Ryan:
Keep me updated on your progress!!!! I am very interested in knowing how you feel in the future. Writing your symptoms periodically will be useful to me.
hugs
Cookie

#3 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

Dear Ryan:
I have also experienced rage.....I haven´t experienced fatigue anymore.
It is so good that you have a wife that supports in this process.
Have you tried exercising??? yoga helps me so much with depression an anxiety, and healthy nutrition too.
hugs
cookie

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

Dear Ryan:
How are you????? How have you been doing???
cookie

#5 TimC97124

TimC97124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • why_joining:
    Taking Cymbalta for 4 years has taken it's toll and now I need to get off of it.

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

Hey Ryan,

How's it going? Sometimes leg pain is from a pinched nerve somewhere. And Cymbalta does a good job of blocking pain for some people. Is there a chance that a problem has developed somewhere in your back? Is it possible that Cymbalta had nothing to do with that and that it would have happened anyway. Just an idea.

Let us know how you're doing.
TimC

#6 DSBF

DSBF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Need any new information, to get and give support

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

I am new here as far as replying, but boy have I followed everything! I am wondering if anyone else suddenly developed high Blood pressure. I have out of the blue when I began the process about 4 months ago. Have been going down 2 mg. every week. Never had tthis problem before. Alot of stomach issues, and pain everywhere! I do have thyroid/adrenal issues and sometimes I wonder is it cymbalta or the other issues. I have felt numb for years. I was put on cymbalta 5 years ago. Didnt feel right but Doc said(of course not cymbalta). Nor does she belive the madness that is cymbalta withdrawl. Anyway, I havent had brain zaps but I do have constant rubber band feeling around brain. Weakness, muscle pain and dizzy all the time. Is thsi going right. Why do you think I am so different in my withdrawl? Ido not have rage or other issues. I am just starting to feel things again. Oh yea, my ears ring all the time, its driving me nuts. How do we know we havent developed other issues that cymbalta masked? Do we assume all this is cymbalta related? I just dont know what to think. Hopes and hugs to you all. DSBF

#7 NERVOUS63

NERVOUS63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Have been on Cymbalta for about 2.5 yrs now. I and my doctor are considering getting off of it and trying something different since I have always questioned Cymbalta's effectiveness. Have heard some horror stories about withdrawl.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

I noticed no one replied to my two entries, so Ill ask one more question and move on. Seems like only regulars are getting respones. I read one entry that said withdrawl can cause congestive heart failure. Since this goes with my "has nayone experinced high blood pressure" has anyone confirmed the congestive heart failure thing? I have to say I am so scared about this. Doesnt do any good to ask my doc. Hopefully someone will responf. Hugs DSBF

#8 NERVOUS63

NERVOUS63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Have been on Cymbalta for about 2.5 yrs now. I and my doctor are considering getting off of it and trying something different since I have always questioned Cymbalta's effectiveness. Have heard some horror stories about withdrawl.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

It was my post you probably read referring to Congestive Heart Failure. Since that time I have seen the "Doc" and I put the question to him. His response when I asked him the question; "Can Cymbalta cause Congestive Heart Failure" was "I have not seen anything about Cymbalta being related to Congestive Heart Failure" He is a good Psychiatrist and keeps up with this stuff, so I do trust him. So I would relax about the whole Congestive Heart Failure thing. If it is a possibility it's probably extremely rare! Hope this helps. Regards.

#9 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

Dear Ryan:
HOW ARE YOU????? I haven´t heard from you in a while. I am down to 12mg.
hugs
Cookie

#10 TimC97124

TimC97124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • why_joining:
    Taking Cymbalta for 4 years has taken it's toll and now I need to get off of it.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

Hello! I just found this site as I am recently tring to come off cymbalta. I was taking 120mg and now 60mg. How do you split the pill to take a lower dose when I only have 60 mg pills?

Hi Darcey:
We carefully open a capsule, pour the beads onto a plate or a folded piece of paper (I pour them into my hand.) Approximate two equal heaps for half of your capsule; divide again to make 4 piles. Count one fourth, multiply by 4 to approximate the count of the whole capsule. You can take the beads without a capsule, just wash them down, they have no taste and they don't dissolve until they get into your acidic digestive system.

Most people seem to be able to drop their dose each day at a rate 10% of the previous day's dose, others need to go more slowly. You don't know which group you're in until after you get going. Above all, read, read, read, to get other people's stories and find what works for you.

Best wishes,
TimC

#11 Monique

Monique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Informaiton
    Support from peers

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

I am new here as far as replying, but boy have I followed everything! I am wondering if anyone else suddenly developed high Blood pressure. I have out of the blue when I began the process about 4 months ago. Have been going down 2 mg. every week. Never had tthis problem before. Alot of stomach issues, and pain everywhere! I do have thyroid/adrenal issues and sometimes I wonder is it cymbalta or the other issues. I have felt numb for years. I was put on cymbalta 5 years ago. Didnt feel right but Doc said(of course not cymbalta). Nor does she belive the madness that is cymbalta withdrawl. Anyway, I havent had brain zaps but I do have constant rubber band feeling around brain. Weakness, muscle pain and dizzy all the time. Is thsi going right. Why do you think I am so different in my withdrawl? Ido not have rage or other issues. I am just starting to feel things again. Oh yea, my ears ring all the time, its driving me nuts. How do we know we havent developed other issues that cymbalta masked? Do we assume all this is cymbalta related? I just dont know what to think. Hopes and hugs to you all. DSBF

I have had bouts of high blood pressure, there was a point when I was cut from 60mg to 30mg, I had been taking the 30mg for six days and felt like I was going to die! I went to the ER, my inital BP was 157/92. I took my regular dose of 60 mg and about an hour later my BP went down to 107/59.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users