• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 texas_rose

texas_rose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am trying to understand my severe withdrawal a.k.a. "discontinuation" symptoms, since deciding to wean myself off of Cymbalta about one month ago.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hi Robyn,
I do not have all of the answers but just want to say "hang in there." I have not taken Cymbalta for two weeks now (I posted my whole story here a couple of days ago) and I feel that my symptoms are fading significantly at this point. I added Omega 3 to my diet, started taking my multivitamin again, and this definitely helped me with the brain zaps. I am still feeling like I have the flu, and I am still having problems with sleep, headaches, and milder gastro problems. BUT, I am not having the aches and pains and the crying episodes very much any more. I have had some great spells of high energy in the last couple of days, and have been thinking about returning to the work force (in a few months). I have not worked for almost 10 years, though, so any thoughts of returning to work are significant to me. Anyway, my journey is still in progress, but your questions are very good. It seems that there are quite a few people here who know a lot about the tapering process, but I went too fast to be of help with this. If I could do it over again, I would go more slowly. There is hope, I believe, and you can do it! Take care!

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

Dear Robyn
Here are my answers.....
1. I stay one week on each dosage. When I got to 19mg the symptoms were so severe that I had to stay on that dosage for 5 weeks.
2. Withdrawal symptoms should appear each time you decrease, you will have to stay on that dosage until symptoms dissapear. The body/brain tends to get used/adjust to the dosage decrease. So for me, symptoms dissapear once my brain gets used to certain dosage.
3. To combat the symptoms I exercised 5 times a week (yoga is excellent). My nutrition is super healthy, lots of veggies, fruits. I take omega not through a pill but I get it from food (salmon, soy milk, flaxseed). I take a multivitamin which includes B-complex
4. I am not working right now.
5. I am still on 17mg, so I can´t answer this question.

The only thing I can tell you about hope is that I feel better at 17mg than when I was on 90mg. (I have taken cymbalta for severe depression).

hugs
Cookie

P.S. My answers are based on my own experience during weaning. However I am not a doctor, and from what I´ve read on this site, everyone is different, so the weaning process can vary from person to person

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users