#1 momto2dds

momto2dds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    Currently weaning off of Cymbalta

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

Hi everyone! I just found this site today and am hoping that you can offer some insight. I've only been on 60mg for about 2 months, but decided that this is a drug that I do NOT want to be on. I'm having horrible sweats, especially when out in public (completely embarrasing), and I just want to be off of meds if at all possible. It was prescribed for anxiety and anger, not depression. I was previously on Lexapro but felt it wasn't working. Anyway, my doctor agreed for me to taper off and gave me 3 weeks of 30 mg, and that was it. He's one that believes it's okay to just stop. I disagree and he knows it. So I dropped to 30 mg from 60 and didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. I felt great - but I have also started taking vitamins and that's what has seemed to make all the difference. I then started splitting the 30's to 15mg, and have been at that dose for about a week. The last 2 days, I've noticed the symptoms of dizziness if I move my head too quickly - actually, my head just feels funny all the time really, and I'm really tired. I do get nauseated at random times, but that's it. So I realize that I"m having mild withdraw symptoms, which is most likely from not being on this all that long. But I've decided that since I stay at home right now and have nothing scheduled for me to do this next week, I'm just going to drop to zero. Maybe not the best move, but I need to get through this and my patience is wearing thin. My question is how long does the dizziness feeling last? Everything else I can deal with, but the dizziness is what's driving me nuts and just makes me want to sleep (I think I may be getting a sinus infection too, so I'm sure that's not helping the situation). Any words of wisdom you can give me would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

#2 momto2dds

momto2dds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I'm scared that it will be awhile before it goes away too. I know what you mean about not being able to describe the feeling you get in your head. It's crazy. The sad thing is I'm almost scared to drive when it's bad because I feel like I'm intoxicated when I know that I'm not. I would've never given this drug a try had I known all of this before hand. It's scary. Part of me wonders (only because I still have Lexapro that I can take), if it would be better to get back on that for about a month while this is getting out of my system. The withdrawal from Lexapro isn't fun either, but it's not like this, that's for sure.

#3 momto2dds

momto2dds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

Annie -
Your mail helps tremendously! So far today is going well. I woke up and have my energy (for now). I've got a little of the dizziness, but I did buy a B-Complex vitamin with vitamin C and I took that for the first time yesterday. I'm hoping that it helps too. I'm going to stick with it because this is just ridiculous and I can't imagine going through this again. I just want to get through it and move forward. You definitely give me hope that it will be okay. Thanks again!

#4 texas_rose

texas_rose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am trying to understand my severe withdrawal a.k.a. "discontinuation" symptoms, since deciding to wean myself off of Cymbalta about one month ago.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

I have to agree that at least for me, it was around day 13/14 of no Cymbalta that I started to notice a real difference. Granted, I am only on day 15 or so right now, but the change has been rather substantial for me in the past 2-3 days. Much fewer symptoms, and much more energy. Still some stomach issues to deal with, but the vitamins, including Omega 3, have worked well for me to reduce the brain zaps and dizziness. Hang in there, I think and hope it will get better for you soon. Take care and have a great day!

#5 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:13 AM

I have to agree that at least for me, it was around day 13/14 of no Cymbalta that I started to notice a real difference. Granted, I am only on day 15 or so right now, but the change has been rather substantial for me in the past 2-3 days. Much fewer symptoms, and much more energy. Still some stomach issues to deal with, but the vitamins, including Omega 3, have worked well for me to reduce the brain zaps and dizziness. Hang in there, I think and hope it will get better for you soon. Take care and have a great day!

Wow it is great to hear those good news.....I am so glad that you have more energy and fewer symptoms. YOU GIVE US HOPE!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users