God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:52 AM

Dear Liz:
You have taken cymbalta for 10 years or more? When did they launch cymbalta??? I started taking cymbalta around 2006 and I was told it was a new product.

I am not a doctor, but it seems your "weaning" was too fast. It has taken me almost 4 months to go down from 60mg to 15mg, and even though I´ve had withdrawal symptoms, I´ve been able to function, exercise, go out, etc. Right now I am dividing the content of one 30mg pill into two parts. Taking into account that you were taking such a high dose (120mg) can you ask your doctor to go slower on the weaning???

If you decide to stick with being completely off the med, I am not the right person to give you advice because I am still on cymbalta 15mg.

cookie

#2 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Cymbalta was approved for depression in 2004. You must be confused about your dates.

#3 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Liz, I wish there was a fix it for you. The only advise is to stick with it and it will get better eventually. I have been "clean" for a month and I am living proof that it can be done. I am feeling so normal now. I thought I never would. Keep trying. Everyday just keep swimming...............
Debbie M.

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:46 PM

Liz, I wish there was a fix it for you. The only advise is to stick with it and it will get better eventually. I have been "clean" for a month and I am living proof that it can be done. I am feeling so normal now. I thought I never would. Keep trying. Everyday just keep swimming...............
Debbie M.

Dear Debbie:
It´s been a month already, since you quit???? I am so glad that you are feeling normal. How was the last stage??? when you were taking 1 pill out at a time??? I am still on 15mg....
Would love to hear from you,
cookie

#5 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hello, again. I just want to make sure I am counting beads correctly. I reviewed several topics (and replies) ....there is such good information here. I believe I understood that 1mg = 9 beads. Is this correct ? I've got to put on my glasses and start counting. Thanks so much for the information. Liz

Liz, My beads were 9 = 1 mg. I have heard other people say otherwise but that was what I found to be correct for me.

Debbie M. :)

#6 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

Dear Debbie:
It´s been a month already, since you quit???? I am so glad that you are feeling normal. How was the last stage??? when you were taking 1 pill out at a time??? I am still on 15mg....
Would love to hear from you,
cookie

Hello Cookie, Yes, July 27 was my last bead. I am doing fantastic. If you want to read how my last phase went(in some detail) you can read about it on this board. I posted under Debbie M. My thread was called At The End. The ending of my story didnt turn out anything like I thought it would when I started. But It did end well. :) I learned alot along the way and found out what was best for me upon trial and error. I am a new normal me now. You can do it too. Just keep on weaning slowly. By omitting one bead a day I was able to rob the evil drug of its grip on me.

Happy camper now,
Debbie M.

#7 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

Hello Cookie, Yes, July 27 was my last bead. I am doing fantastic. If you want to read how my last phase went(in some detail) you can read about it on this board. I posted under Debbie M. My thread was called At The End. The ending of my story didnt turn out anything like I thought it would when I started. But It did end well. :) I learned alot along the way and found out what was best for me upon trial and error. I am a new normal me now. You can do it too. Just keep on weaning slowly. By omitting one bead a day I was able to rob the evil drug of its grip on me.

Happy camper now,
Debbie M.

Dear Debbie:
Those are GREAT news!!!!! It makes me so happy to hear that you are doing fantastic! That gives me so much hope. I´ll read the thread in which you describe your last phase. I am still on 15mg, but plan to do the one bead a day, when I get to lower doses.
Hugs
Cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users