• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deah

deah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

Since stopping taking 60 mg Cymbalta per day I have felt like I am losing my mind. I haven't had any Cymbalta since March 30th. I was prescribed Cymbalta for neuropathy pain. Now that I am not taking it the pain is unbearable. I haven't been able to sleep, when I finally do crash for a little while I have nightmares. Now I am now afraid to go to sleep because of the nightmares. I am dizzy, and feel like my head is going to explode. I shake uncontrollably, and am constantly breaking into tears. I get very hot, and then I start freezing. Every little thing makes me so emotional that I can't stand to be around other people. I have had suicidal thoughts, but think I can hopefully keep them under control. I try to explain to my family how I am feeling, but they don't understand. They keep telling me that I have to fight against all of the feelings, EASY FOR THEM TO SAY. I am no longer taking the Cymbalta because of a bad experience with my primary care provider. The disrespect and horrific treatment by him and his staff have amplified the withdrawl symptoms. I don't think that I will ever be able to seek care from another medical professional. :cry:

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

deah - sorry to hear you are in pain and having a rough time with this. I shook for 40 days because I had come off of 30mg/day Cymbalta incorrectly and I did have to get some additional medical help and I waited so long because I was told that things would get better.

Cold turkey is brutal on your physical and emotional well being. Your conviction as a person is strong to have gone through your past 10 days. Many links are here for some alternatives that have worked for others in the weaning section.

All of us here know what you are going through, and your family does want to help you, but they don't understand the effect that the Cymbalta had on your brain chemistry.

You are fighting against these feelings and strong and can get over this, hopefully quickly and with the least amount of discomfort. Hope that you will today, try to find another doctor to help you. Do not let the fact you were treated poorly by one doctor get in the way of the healing you deserve.

#3 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

Deah,
I too am glad you found this website. Try and tell your family to view this site, it is extremly important to have them support you on this. You are not alone in this, I understand EXACTLY what you are going through, read some of my post. The pain is beyond belief. Do more research on vitamins and herbs and see if anything might sound better for you.

I am sorry about your experience with your Doctor and staff, but that is just them. There are many good doctors out there, many not so good ones too. Understand where they are coming from, they have been brainwashed by the pharmacical companies and the schools of western medicine. I always have been pro western medicine until the last few years, and especially the last few months. Ues them to get better, dont let them use you! REmember they are practicing medicine.

Deah, please post on here when you need to vent and dont give up. Read others success stories, a must for you to read, they have helped me alot.

I will be praying for you and I know you will get better soon, please keep the faith as best you can.
Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users