jmmyluvlisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMiami
  • why_joining:
    Just started weening off, and looking for helpful info

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

Ok, so when I first posted on this site, I was in the begining stages of the wretching withdrawal that you all are going through.
I had the thought drifting, the zapping feeling, the stomach pain, eye spasms, mood swings, the lost feeling and all other HORRIBLE things that from what I have read, each of you are having too.
1. "Every other day" is total bullshit. That is what my doctor had me doing for a while and all that does is feed the addiction/starve the addiction. ABSOLUTELY unbearable. After reading a post someone put up about measuring out the beads in each pill (this only works if you have the same dose pills, ie, 60mg daily, 30 mg daily. For those of you who are on multi-level pills I'm not sure what to do) I started each morning just barely letting out some of the beads in the pill and eating it with a small piece of bread. After a week, I moved out a little more each time.

2. YOU WILL STILL HAVE WITHDRAW!! Just not as horribly bad. It made it so that I could still go to work instead of missing days like I was on the every other day.

3. The day I completely stopped, I was SO nervous. The following days were pretty bad, I would say, 8 days of severe moods swings, at one point i cried like I had not cried in years, while I was playing on the computer, completely content. (laugh a little, you have to) and as each day went by, the symptoms got less and less.

One thing I want us ALL to be aware of. WE HAVE FEELINGS! Hey, maybe it's just some, or maybe most of us here. I know for me the Cymbalta was controlling my emotions for the year and a half I was on it, once I was freeing up from the medicine being in my system, i still get taken back by being sad, overly happy, or anything in between.

It will get better. Don't give up hope. I almost did, I almost said "F*@K it" and went back onto it, figuring it would be easier then the hell I was in. I'm glad I toughed it out, you can too.

#2 IamDanish

IamDanish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:
    Weaning of cymbalta, feeling very sick.

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

Ok, so when I first posted on this site, I was in the begining stages of the wretching withdrawal that you all are going through.
I had the thought drifting, the zapping feeling, the stomach pain, eye spasms, mood swings, the lost feeling and all other HORRIBLE things that from what I have read, each of you are having too.
1. "Every other day" is total bullshit. That is what my doctor had me doing for a while and all that does is feed the addiction/starve the addiction. ABSOLUTELY unbearable. After reading a post someone put up about measuring out the beads in each pill (this only works if you have the same dose pills, ie, 60mg daily, 30 mg daily. For those of you who are on multi-level pills I'm not sure what to do) I started each morning just barely letting out some of the beads in the pill and eating it with a small piece of bread. After a week, I moved out a little more each time.

2. YOU WILL STILL HAVE WITHDRAW!! Just not as horribly bad. It made it so that I could still go to work instead of missing days like I was on the every other day.

3. The day I completely stopped, I was SO nervous. The following days were pretty bad, I would say, 8 days of severe moods swings, at one point i cried like I had not cried in years, while I was playing on the computer, completely content. (laugh a little, you have to) and as each day went by, the symptoms got less and less.

One thing I want us ALL to be aware of. WE HAVE FEELINGS! Hey, maybe it's just some, or maybe most of us here. I know for me the Cymbalta was controlling my emotions for the year and a half I was on it, once I was freeing up from the medicine being in my system, i still get taken back by being sad, overly happy, or anything in between.

It will get better. Don't give up hope. I almost did, I almost said "F*@K it" and went back onto it, figuring it would be easier then the hell I was in. I'm glad I toughed it out, you can too.

It is so nice to hear from someone who has made it trough the worst part, i am on my 8th day without it, and i am allready feeling better. Im not feeling all good and happy, but i am ok. And it gets better day by day :)
Keep us updated!

Hugs
Danish Girl

#3 jmmyluvlisa

jmmyluvlisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMiami
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

Just want to let you all know, even though the majority of the days have been getting better, I still have the down days.
The last 2 days I have had some wicked bad dreams. Bad enough that when I finally wake up form them, I have tears in my eyes.
I think I almost went into a seizure yesterday at work too. (My seizures aren't form the Cymbalta, I have epilepsy, but BE CAREFUL with htat if you're coming off Cymbalta!)
I'm forcing myself to be positive, and think maybe it's not the Cymbalta anymore, maybe it's just me.....
Hope your days are easier.

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

Dear jmmyluvlisa:
I am very interested in knowing if one will have withdrawal symptoms even if one weaned slowly.
I have been weaning slowly for months going from 60mg to 13mg, should I expect withdrawals once I get to zero. How long they will last???

#5 jmmyluvlisa

jmmyluvlisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMiami
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:20 AM

Dear jmmyluvlisa:
I am very interested in knowing if one will have withdrawal symptoms even if one weaned slowly.
I have been weaning slowly for months going from 60mg to 13mg, should I expect withdrawals once I get to zero. How long they will last???

Unfortunately, I did. I weened very slowly off using the "measuring beads" idea. On my last day of medicine I warned my husband that I wasn't sure what would happen the next day. I did have some harsh first days. I imagine it would have been even worse if I would have stopped at a higher dose. I had about 8 days of just feeling awful. Then it started to ease up and now things just happen here and there and some days I'm fine and others I'm not. For the most part I'm good though.

#6 TimC97124

TimC97124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • why_joining:
    Taking Cymbalta for 4 years has taken it's toll and now I need to get off of it.

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for your story. That's great encouragement for those of us who are in the process.
TimC

#7 jmmyluvlisa

jmmyluvlisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMiami
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for your story. That's great encouragement for those of us who are in the process.
TimC

All I can say is have hope and patience with it. ( I know that sounds like a load of crap but really) I was SO ready to give up, like I said before and just get back on it. I'm happy I stuck with it and think you guys will be when you hit the "higher" points of your days without it.

Good Luck my Firends!!

#8 perL

perL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Indiana USA
  • why_joining:
    Stopped Cymbalta cold turkey

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

Thank you for the encouragement. Today is my sixth day, and I am so discouraged at this nausea and moodiness. I have a real well of moral support in a good friend and in my husband, both of whom have helped others who were withdrawing from other things. It's good to see there will be a day when I can trust myself to be seen in public!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users