Photo

Here's How Not To Come Off Cymbalta.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 totallydone

totallydone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning off cymbalta

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

I've been on many different anti-depressants over the years and never quite get it when I decide to come off each of them when I feel like they are not working. But I am so glad I found this site when I did because it explains everything and all the symptoms I am having now as I attempt to come off Cymbalta.

I am currently on Wellbutrin XL 150mg and have been on for several years. My Dr. prescribed Cymbalta 60 mg about six months ago in lieu of another one he had tried me on with a bunch of samples for approx. two months. Can't remember the name, but it began with a "P" and not Prozac. Anyways I decided to come off Cymbalta approx 3 1/2 weeks ago while at a workshop for a week away from my family working on myself. Guess I figured I was getting better and didn't need two drugs (i've always felt that anyways). So I went every other day for a week or so maybe ten days, then every two days and then went three days just one time and that was it.

Here I am 3 1/2 weeks later and I am feeling so horrible in the morning I can't get out of bed. I'm oversleeping and can't get up to get the kids organized for school, etc. My crying spills come on so randomly it's horrible. I can be talking to a total stranger and right in the middle of the conversation over something nonspecific I will well up and tears run down my cheeks....so embarrassing! My vertigo symptoms make me feel like i should not be driving at all sometimes and I just don't trust myself in public at all. Horrible flu-symptoms and really bad nausea. I had totally forgotten these could be related to coming of this drug because it was so out of sight out of mind and I was thinking I was totally going completely crazy until I looked up this sight and felt so relieved when I read all the posts.

I probably haven't taken a pill for a week or so and I am wondering if I should take 1/2 (split the beads...what a concept!) just to take the edge off? Or just go to Whole Foods and gather up all the healthy supplements I can to support me through this. I have been taking fish oil 2x a day forever and a good pro-biotic a good one, but reg. dose. Maybe I should double dose on both of those. Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

ps My husband does not get it at all and has pretty much had it!

#2 Caroline

Caroline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:
    Weaning off cylbalta

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Hi,
I am so sorry you don't have support from your husband. Something that has been helping with my worst symptom if I go too fast is the Whole Foods Omega 3-6-9. I bought and read the book The Road Back, How to get off psychiatric drugs... they suggest their blend of Omega and Vit E....so far both Whole Foods have been eliminating any headaches, and G2 has significantly helped with the dehydrated feelings when I taper down...Went from 30 to 13 mg in 4 weeks....I know I should go slow but am just wanting to get off this stuff and avoid the headache, aches and moodiness.

Everyone here is here to support you...the best advice, go at the pace your body tolerates with minimal side effects.

Take Care,
C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users