1 reply to this topic

#1 TimC97124

TimC97124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • why_joining:
    Taking Cymbalta for 4 years has taken it's toll and now I need to get off of it.

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:08 AM

It's definitely a nasty drug; no need to feel embarrassed, except that I know what you mean. Since I had tried to go off of it once a few years ago I learned about the the zaps and the dizziness so I never let myself run out. A couple times when I tried to get a refill and the pharmacy couldn't get the renewal from my doctor, they 'loaned' me a few caps to get by for a few days.

Oh, it's weaning time again.
TimC

#2 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

I had an incident where I ran out, and my pharmacy was closed. I though I could get it that Monday morning. By Sunday afternoon, I was having hot flashes, shaking and had high anxiety. I had to go to urgent care to get a temp. script. I felt embarassed, but had no idea that I would feel that way. I have been on other meds in the past, but never had that feeling before.

They have warnings, however when doctors give Cymbalta out, they need to really tell you what coming off would look like. If I really knew, I would have never started this script.

Come on now...... If the drug company let us and Docs know about the side effects of withdrawing then we wouldn't take it and they wouldn't make any money. The Lily Co. should rot.... for all the pain and suffering they have caused many people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users