79 replies to this topic

#31 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am going to go off cymbalta and want to reduce withdrawal symptoms.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

That's good you won't have any trouble getting off Prozac if you choose to. No, I don't remember you saying you are a retired psychologist, though I had read that you were retired.

I hope today is a good day for you!

Karen

I am feeling good this morning.

#32 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

Yes, I had a good day and feeling well. Tonight I took 55 of those tiny beads out and took the rest. 10mg of Prozac tomorrow for me. How are you doing, Karen?

#33 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Other than having a lot of fatigue I am doing well today. I am down 20mg out of the 60 I usually take. That is, I am down to 40 mg after 10 days. Not bad.

#34 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

That's pretty quick and how I did it too since I wasn't having trouble. I'm glad you're doing ok. Sorry about the fatigue though. As you get lower, the 10% drops get smaller if that's what you're doing. I dropped 12mg at a time from 120mg down to 60mg, but after that the drops got smaller.

Karen

I'll keep that in mind, Karen. I suspect the prozac is really propping me up.

#35 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

I had another good day. I took 60 beads out last night. Will take a few more out tonight! This isn't a piece of cake but it hasn't been that hard either. Slowly, slowly. Hope all is well with you.

PS I went out with girlfriends this evening and sinned. I had two flavors of gelato! Yummy.

#36 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

I'm so glad you're doing ok. I am too. I'm fine. It's 4 weeks today since I got off Cymbalta!!

Glad you got out and had some yummy!

Karen

I've lost track of what day I am on, 12? Feeling good today. We are having a Mexican train party tomorrow so I better keep feeling ok! Glad you are feeling good too, Karen. I figure at the rate I am going it will be another couple months til I am completely off. I can't wait! Linda

#37 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hi, Linda

I'm so glad you're feeling good and hope that continues. Have fun at your party. Is that the domino game called that by any chance? It might not take you a couple of months to get off of it. Yes, I think you're at day 12. I went up and looked at the 21st where you said it was after day 10 and you were at 40mg. Just take it a day at a time and see how you feel and drop when you think you're ready.

Karen

Ok then, it's day twelve and I am still fine this afternoon. I went to a very interesting talk this afternoon on bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. I plan to check into it more since it sounds like a postive, but way too expensive, way to help ourselves as we age.

Tonight I will go down a bit more on the cymbalta.

Linda

#38 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hi, Linda

Glad you had a day of feeling fine. Don't you just hate it that everything is so darn expensive these days. I had a script for estrogen cream but quit it after two weeks. 115 bucks for a little tube of it. I gained weight when I was on estrogen pills about 10 years ago and quit after about 3 months. I gained 17 lbs in 3 months even walking every day. I've always walked for exercise but not as much as I have to now. I think the bioidentical hormones would be a lot better for you.

Good luck with your cymbalta drop.

Karen

One reason we live in Mexico is that it is cheaper. Our dollars go a lot further here!

I have had a good day. The usual fatigue and some fogginess but mostly not bad. I did drop 65 beads last night and I increased my Prozac to 15mg. I forgot to take it this morning when we left the house. So we had to come back for it.

Linda

#39 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

Whatever day this is, 14? I am doing fine. I took out 80 beads last night and took 15mg of Prozac this morning.

Linda

#40 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

I've been in bed for two days straight with Mexican Montezuma's revenge. I seem to be doing okay with the weaning. I'm sure this is a bacterial or viral infection, undoubtedly food borne. I couldn't get hold of my doctor today either.

Glad you are well, Karen. My guess is that you are home free. A wonderful thing!

Linda

#41 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

Tonight I actually counted how many beads to take instead of how many to take out of the total and then take the rest. Tonight I took 90 beads. There are around 200 or so in a capsule. I am very sure my current symptoms aren't related to the withdrawal process.

#42 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

Karen, it's interesting what a different count there is in the capsules. Anyway I am down to 85 of them tonight. And I am starting to feel better after nonstop sleeping for a few days. I am even more certain now that my symptoms weren't related to withdrawal. I don't know how much longer it will take to get off completely, but I am thinking another month or so. Are we having fun yet?

Linda

#43 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:55 PM

Hi, Linda

I think being off in a month is a good estimate for you and something to shoot for. You're weaning at a good rate and doing ok with your drops. I guess you can figure somewhere between 3 & 4 beads per mg, whereas most people here count 9 and have 540 beads or so in a 60mg capsule. I know my beads varied in size. Some were really tiny. They supposedly go by weight not count. I know when my dosage was higher, I leaned towards 3 but towards 4 when I got lower as every little bead seemed to make more difference. You're getting down low enough now that the drops get smaller. About the stage you're at, drops of 2mg at a time are a good pace. I know how tedious it can be, but you're getting there.

Karen

I am feeling MUCH better today. I went out to breakfast and have been busy this morning. Another bit of good news is that we have been having a really slow computer connection for a couple months and today we changed one of our modems and now our puters are lightening fast. What a wonderful change!

Last night I dropped to taking 85 beads and I can't see any negative effects today. So tonight I will try 80, keeping my prozac at 15 or so mgs.

I think I will actually get off this stuff without too many side effects! I can't imagine going cold turkey.

Thanks for your support. I feel like we have our own little group going here!

Linda

#44 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hi, Linda

I'm so glad you're over whatever bug you had. That's no fun. Great news that you've got a faster puter connection.

I can't imagine going cold turkey either. Even as easy as I had it weaning, I was afraid to just stop even when I got down to 5mg. I got down to 1mg and took out a bead a day. The day I was to 0, I wondered if I should keep taking a bead a day for a few days. but I didn't. I just kept waiting for something bad to hit me, and it hasn't so far. I think it might be safe to say that it won't.

You might just get off this stuff easy like I did. We're the lucky ones. I feel so bad for everyone that's having such a rough time of it. The doctors make me so mad. Mine sure never warned me of anything, and I think that's so strange. He was so weird about putting me on gabapentin and wanted me to get on it slowly and off it slowly and worried about putting me at too high a dosage. I had no problem with it. It just didn't work, but then neither did Cymbalta. Then with Cymbalta, he sticks me on 120mg and never told me when he wanted to see me again. That's just not like him. He was having me come in way too often before. Every 2 or 3 weeks or so, and now I haven't seen him since May. I did my 4 mile walk 2 times today, and my feet hurt so bad. I don't know how long I can put up with that. He wanted to put me on Lyrica next, and I just don't want to take a chance of putting any nasty stuff in me again.

Karen

#45 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

Hi, Linda

I'm so glad you're over whatever bug you had. That's no fun. Great news that you've got a faster puter connection.

I can't imagine going cold turkey either. Even as easy as I had it weaning, I was afraid to just stop even when I got down to 5mg. I got down to 1mg and took out a bead a day. The day I was to 0, I wondered if I should keep taking a bead a day for a few days. but I didn't. I just kept waiting for something bad to hit me, and it hasn't so far. I think it might be safe to say that it won't.

You might just get off this stuff easy like I did. We're the lucky ones. I feel so bad for everyone that's having such a rough time of it. The doctors make me so mad. Mine sure never warned me of anything, and I think that's so strange. He was so weird about putting me on gabapentin and wanted me to get on it slowly and off it slowly and worried about putting me at too high a dosage. I had no problem with it. It just didn't work, but then neither did Cymbalta. Then with Cymbalta, he sticks me on 120mg and never told me when he wanted to see me again. That's just not like him. He was having me come in way too often before. Every 2 or 3 weeks or so, and now I haven't seen him since May. I did my 4 mile walk 2 times today, and my feet hurt so bad. I don't know how long I can put up with that. He wanted to put me on Lyrica next, and I just don't want to take a chance of putting any nasty stuff in me again.

Karen

#46 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

Karen, what is wrong with your feet? When I had feet problems I bought a pair of MBTs which cost $250. Now Skechers is making the same basic shoe and selling it for $110. It's still a lot of money but I honestly couldn't walk after a year of cleaning out my mother's house after she died. These allowed me to walk again and rehabilitated my feet. Now I can wear any shoes. This is the website for Skechers.

http://www.skechers...._awareness/wspk

I am feeling fine tonight. I am going to decrease to 80 beads tonight.

Linda

#47 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hi, Linda

I have peripheral neuropathy. You told me your husband has it to from chemo. I have 3 pairs of MBTs. I got my last pair on ebay. Probably because someone didn't know they tend to run small. I got a really good deal on that pair. I love them. They're so comfortable. I've bought another brand on ebay too that look the same. I've been wearing MBTs for several years. Anyway, I've ordered some sublingual vitamin B12 that you told me about. I will finish up my last bottle of neurabic I bought online that was supposed to help but hasn't, and then I'll start the b 12. I'm using a homeopathic topical stuff that doesn't help either. I ordered a light relief on ebay, but I can't tell it helping any. I got it less that half-price. I guess there are infomercials for those. I must've found it googling something. I told you there's a chiropractor here that claims he's got some kind of light therapy that might work. I don't know if I want to check that out or not.

I'm glad you're still feeling good. You'll probably be done in less than a month.

Karen

Oh, yes, I remember now about the PN. Wow, it is sure causing you a lot of problems, more than I realized. I am so sorry that the shoes haven't been that much help. I also bought MBTs on ebay. Unfortunately they don't make anymore the MBT clogs I used to loved but I still have tennies and sandals made by them.

Linda

#48 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

Still feeling good today. Moved my prozac up to the full 20mg capsule. I think I am already feeling more alive with just over 50% of the daily dose of Cymbalta gone from my body and mind.

Linda

#49 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

I don't like going barefoot. When I was a kid I used to get those awful stickers in my feet and I also got stung by a bumble bee. But I love moccasins and used to wear them to hike in and ride horses in. Almost barefoot.

Still feeling good.

Linda

#50 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hi, Linda

I know its better to wear shoes. I broke a toe a couple of years ago running through the house. I've never had any moccasins, but I bet they would be comfortable. I could probably keep something like that on. We don't have stickers, or I wouldn't be out there barefoot. I don't do that anywhere else I go. I walk on hot sand and hot cement and my slate kitchen floor. I have tough feet until it comes to going for my walks, but that's damaged nerves. Maybe that's why I have tough feet otherwise. I wear my shoes out fast. I found another pair of MBTs on ebay today for a good price. Someone bought a pair and couldn't send them back. They run small.

I'm so glad you're feeling good. What day are you at in your weaning? Are you keeping track?

Karen

I think I am on day 23 and it seems to be getting easier not harder! I think I'll go down five more beads tonight. Titrating down is definitely the way to go!

Linda

#51 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

I just took 75 beads. I had a good day. The lower I get the better I am feeling.

#52 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hi, Linda

You're just like me. I think I reduced about every day and couldn't stay at any dose more than two days. I know what you mean. It feels good just to get that drug out of your system a little bit at a time. I hope it keeps on going good for you. Do you have any idea what dosage you're at?

Karen

Yes, just figured it out. I taking about 25mg out of the 60 I started at. Not bad!

#53 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hi, Linda

You're doing great! Are you going to keep doing the 5 bead drops? At 19mg my drops were 2mg a day, and that's about what you're doing. I was at 25mg on day 31 from my 120mg drop and done by day 45. I had been doing 12mg drops from 120 to 60, because I'd been figuring it wrong. You might be done sooner than you thought.

Have you had hot and cold spells or night sweats? I only had night sweats a couple of times and keep a fan turning it off and on a lot during the day. I still get that a bit. No more spacey feeling or lightheadedness. I do still have trouble getting my words out sometimes. I feel so fortunate to never have had a brain zap or any nausea. I sweated buckets when I walked while I was on Cymbalta. That was gone by the time I was off of it.

Karen

Tonight I will take just 65 beads! I haven't had any night sweats no hot/cold spells. I have noticed that sometimes I am more hungry that usual. And for some reason, I haven't quite felt up to exercising, maybe because I have insomnia and then am tired during the day. Today was hard for me cause I had to get up earlier than I am used to so I could have blood drawn since I have a cholesterol/trigliceride check on Thursday. Then we had to take our boxer into the big city to see the vet. She has a collapsing spinal column and she is only six years old. Bummer. Then we had friends over for dinner and I am already to go to bed and read for a bit. In January I got a Kindle which I just love.

I am sure hoping you have set the example for me, Karen. So far, so good. I won't brag until I am a month off both the Cymbalta and the Prozac.

Linda

#54 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hi, Linda

You are really doing great, and I'm so glad for you. I've noticed a lot of people seem hungrier while they're weaning. I know I thought a lot about food but tried not to eat more than my usual calorie count for the day. I always weigh or measure my food. I got in the habit of that when I was trying so hard to lose weight. Now I do it to try not to gain it back.

I'm so sorry about your boxer. Is she in a lot of pain? My oldest son had a boxer for 8 years but recently had to have him put to sleep. He had leukemia. He was such a good dog, but such a slobberer to say the least. Ha!

Karen

My boxer's name is Bisous which means "little kisses" in French. Get the hint? Kiss, kiss, slobber, slobber. She is in pain, yes. The vet said these meds will reduce the pain significantly.

I am not measuring food this go round. That puts me into the diet mentality which I am trying to avoid. Just eating like a normal human. Well, more or less.

#55 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

I am finally getting over a cold sore, eye infections and sinus infection that I had one after another. I can't help but wonder if going off cymbalta has really stressed my body to the point of having immune system issues.

The good news is that I am down to 30 beads tonight! I am almost free of cymbalta though am on the prozac, but will soon be off that too.

Don't give up on me, Karen!

Linda

#56 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

There you are! I was getting worried about you, because I hadn't seen you. I hadn't given up on you. I was hoping you were doing ok. 30 beads now. WOW!!
That feels good to say, doesn't it. Cymbalta could be to blame for your latest issues. It won't be long now.

Karen

Any ideas on getting off the Prozac, Karen? I have always been able to go on and off that easily, no weaning at all. I am wondering whether I should stay on for awhile after I stop the Cymbalta in six days. I could titrate down off of the Prozac too or just stop taking it a couple days after I stop the Cymbalta. I need all of these drugs out of my system so I can see if they are causing my symptoms like dry mouth...

How are your feet?

Linda

#57 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Hi, Linda

I don't know anything about getting off Prozac. It might be a good idea to stay on it for a week or so after you're off Cymbalta and see how you do. I know that Cymbalta causes dry mouth. That's a common side effect. Has it gotten any better as you've reduced your dosage?

Sometimes I think my feet feel a wee bit better. I don't know. My first walk feels better than my second one. This morning I thought about going around for the second time when I finished the 4 miles, but I didn't. I came home and sat for a bit and then walked another 4 miles about an hour later. I'm gaining weight. I can't give up everything I like.

Karen

No, mouth is just the same. Doctor says I'll know in less than a month after getting off of ALL of the anitdepressants if they caused the problems I am having. Even Prozac can cause dry mouth.

Four miles a day is enough. To hell with worrying about the weight!

Linda

#58 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

Hi, Linda

I guess if Prozac causes dry mouth too, you'll just have to wait and see after you're off all of it.

I know I'm obsessing with my walking again. On Cymbalta I really didn't care whether I walked or not and quit walking mostly because it was too hot out and lost 7 lbs. Now I've gained it back. I walked this morning, and my feet didn't hurt too bad. I'm out the door for my second walk in a few minutes. I worked hard to lose weight, and now I have to keep working hard to keep it off. Those 7 lbs were my last ones. I'll probably lose and gain the same last ones over and over again, but I'm afraid it might just keep climbing. I can't let it be more than that.

Karen

No wonder your feet hurt. I understand about the weight, trust me. But I hope you are being reasonable about your weight and not expecting too much.

I am down to twenty five beads tonight. Feeling ok.

Linda

#59 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

Hi, Linda

Wow! 25 beads is great. Still feeling ok?

Karen

I feel okay. Have had some diarrhea today but don't know if that is withdrawal or Mexico or my weird digestive system. Tonight I do the twenty beads. I think I am over the worst of it! Had a nice dinner out tonight, including, ahem, dessert and two glasses or a wonderful pinot grigio wine. Met an interesting German couple at the restaurant too.

How are you, Karen?

Linda

#60 LindaMexico

LindaMexico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

I took 12 beads tonight. If I feel okay tomorrow night I may not take any.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users