darren44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAustralia. South Australia.
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off of this stuff.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

I no longer want to be on this medication.
I've had enough. Been on it for 4 months.

Ive had enough of the sweating all day and then night sweats. Im sick feeling like throwing up. Now I am getting stomach cramps and me whole body jerks.

Help. Me.

Darren.

#2 Elaine

Elaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want off CYMBALTA yesterday but am doing a slow withdraw

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

Ive had enough of the sweating all day and then night sweats. Im sick feeling like throwing up. Now I am getting stomach cramps and me whole body jerks.

Help. Me.

Darren.

Darren
I have been getting off mine using www.pointofreturn.com They use nutritional supplements to help deal with side effects. I have cut mine to half with very little discomfort. Give them a call and they will talk to you no cost, no obligation and definitely no pressure to go with their program. They even suggested I could try a program that was more local for me if I wanted. In the end after researching and contacting various programs I selected theirs. The phone is always answered by a real, live person. I sure hope you can get off it quickly. Sounds like a really bad med for you.
Best Wishes
Elaine

#3 kathyl

kathyl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • why_joining:
    Recovering from withdrawals from Cymbalta 2010. Currently 2015

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

Help. Me.

Darren.

I am on day 15 of cold turkey. I feel great! I jave only had a few small headaches and the hot sweats now which is very bearable.
I will never take another Cymbalta as long as I live. The suffering I have had took too many days from my life that I can never make up.
I hope this remedy helps you too.
Here is what I take:
in the morning, I drink Apple Cider, fresh from the produce dept, or I get it right from a farm. This helps detoxify my body.
25mg of meclizine (you can buy over the counter for about $6.00. This helps with the dizzyness. Makes me a little tired in the morning, but I perk up in the afternoon.
12.5mg promethazine ( you need an RX for this, i paid $9.00) This helps with the nausea.
20mg Citalpram (to replace the Cymbalta) I paid $4.00 you need an RX for this.

At night I take : Vitamin E-400 (over the counter) and Fish Oil 1000mg (over the counter)this tells the brain to get rid of the cymbalta.
Let me know if this helps.
I believe that I will get healthier every day.

#4 darren44

darren44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

You've come to the right place.
Getting off this awful drug is hard work, but worth it in the end to be free of this thing that seems to do more harm than good to some people.

I was on 60mg a day for 6 months and I am currently on day 3 of cold turkey. I get brain zaps, mild irratibility and the occasional headache, there is worse to come but the comfort in knowing that once I am out the other side its all over for my dependence on this stuff.

What dosage are you on? From what I have read here and around the net, the longer you are on it and the higher the dose the rougher the withdrawals (usually). Many people suggest tapering (i had also considering tapering but I am giving cold turkey a try to see if I can get through it), tapering will reduce the withdrawals, making them less severe and less of a shock to your body going off the drug.

I am on 60mg. Hard to type this morning (shaking). 60 mg a day. First 2 weeks on this drug was like LSD for me. Next 3 months were fine. now I am getting all sorts of side affect.

shaking. I wet my bed once. I get nightmares and have hit and kicked my wife in them. I cannot orgasm (sounds good for you women with ur men but it isn't, you get sore hips). My pillow is soaked throu some nights. I feel cold but am sweeting.
Now I get stomach muscle spasms when ever I breathe out. About 5 a minute. This makes my whole body jerk like im having a 1-2 second fit.
My doctor never told me about any of this and now I find out it has majour withdrawal symptom.

Im in Australia.
Cheers

#5 darren44

darren44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:42 AM

I'm in Australia also and my doctor never said a word about the side affects of this stuff either. It sounds like you are getting side affects while on this stuff, though when I think back, after about 3 months I was about the same, I felt like I was having withdrawals when I was taking it! I had headaches, lethargy, irritability, depression (yes really!), the notorious destroyed sex drive (I'm a guy so I know exactly what you mean) and stomach cramps every morning 90 minutes after taking a pill. IT sounds like you are getting far worse symptoms than I was when on it, even with the withdrawal affects I feel now, it is better than how I felt while taking them, though admittedly I am only on day 3 of cold turkey.

Were you put on them for depression? Anxiety? I was put on them for both with irritability being a big issue for me, it went away for the first three monhs on this stuff, then hey presto it came back. My wife even mentioned it was like I wasnt taking them when I was!

Depending on how bad your depression/anxiety was before you took it will probably have a bearing on how it affects you coming off of it. For me it was irratibilty and its the first thing I have noticed now that I am cold turkey day 3.

Cold turkey can be dangerous, many MANY people go through absolute hell getting off this stuff, lasting for weeks and weeks, often too upset or mentally messed up to be able to go to work, leave the house etc (I've taken 10 days off work as a just in case). But its up to you whether you are able to cope with that or whether tapering will be a better method. If depression is a big concern, then cold turkey may be risky as it has a good chance of making you feel really awful while your body copes with the withdrawals.

Obvious advice: DONT let the doc up your dose because you having these symptoms while on it, I cant believe that some people get put on 120mg of this when clinical testing reported that 60mg was the optimal dose and that any increase had minimal effect over it!. Get off this garbage! Taper or cold turkey, switch to another AD if its needed (I have read that Prozac or Wellbutrin can help get away from this stuff, but then you are hooked on another AD drug).

It really comes down to you and how you feel about yourself and your ability to cope with withdrawals. I am absolutely determined to be free of this, focused that I am strong enough to get through the withdrawals and smart enough to find a non drug way to deal with my anxiety.

Read lots on the website, about withdrawals and what some people feel and who did tapering and who did cold turkey, what some people do that helps make them cope better with the withdrawals and then go from there. Dont take the decision lightly, but find the one that works best for you and your ability to cope with the expected hard times of withdrawals.

depression. a bad stage in my life. and anxiety.
bad stage is over. sort off.

but know all these side affects out of my TOTAL control are bringing me down.
Adelaide. Australia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users