37 replies to this topic

#1 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Day 82 and no cymbalta but recently back on Celexa 8 days ago. I was already having a racing heart but now on the Celexa I experience extreme agitation and anxiousness and very intense heartbeat. It doesn't seem to be helping. Also I can't sleep since I've started the Celexa. The docotor told me to reduce to 10 mg yesterday and take it in the morning which I was already doing. My doctor just keeps saying make an appointment with a psychiatrist but I can't get in to one for another month. Has anyone else experienced these hear palpitations or racing heart for this long? It doesn't appear that anyone has had these problems for as long as I have.

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

Tired08 - Give it today at 10 and see if your vitals calm down, but if they don't please get them checked with your doctor and explain to him your difficulty in obtaining an appointment with a psychiatrist and that you need help now.

Very intense heartbeat can't be good, if it doesn't stop, please go to a walk in clinic or emergency room.

When I took Celexa the 20 was too stimulating (not in a heartbeat kind of way) for me in the first couple of days, called the doctor who told me to take 10 mg and it took a couple of days to help me balance out and feel human, no over stimulation or agitation. Sorry that you are having a hard time.

You had the racing heartbeat before taking the Celexa? What did your doctor say about that?

#3 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

Basically I think I waited too long to seek help. My doctor is clueless that is why he suggested I see a psychiatrist as they have better experience with these type of medicines. I wished he would have told me this before deciding to withdraw. Thanks Sarah for always being here. I'm about to lose my mind. My husband and I keep discussing going to the emrergency room but kinkd of feel like they aren't going to do anything either. Yesterday and today I have taken one Xanax and am considering taking another to see if that helps but I don't want to become addicted to Xanax. Sometimes I just wish I would have stayed on it or at least come here before starting to withdraw. I've never been so miserable in all my life. I've eaten very little for the last 4 days. I tried some boost this morning. I'm praying for light to shine soon. My kids need me. I've been in the bed the last two days.

#4 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

tired08- I looked at one of your original posts - are you still taking Lyrica?

#5 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

tired08 - totally understand about taking the anti-anxiety medication and not wanting to be addicted to it. If it helps you with the agitation, lady, you were off of Cymbalta for 73 days, and it would be hard to believe that somebody with your strength would get hooked on Xanax! You are being responsible, but if the Xanax helps and you are taking it as prescribed, let it help you until you get the help you need.

I took Klonopin (anti-anxeity) with the Celexa as little as possible. I came off the Celexa 5 days ago and feel much better, so I am sorry that you are having troubles. While Celexa might not be right for you, something is and you will find it. Just please, if you are taking the Lyrica, call a pharmacy, check online and see if there are interactions your doctor might not have been aware of.

#6 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

yes, and if there are interactions, do NOT stop taking Lyrica cold turkey, you HAVE to wean off of it, because it causes a rapid increase in CSF in the brain, which can induce a stroke. (Cerbro spinal fluid) I'm not trying to scare you, but it can be pretty dangerous.

I also wouldn't hesitate to go to the ER if the rapid hearbeat and other symptoms continue. It is best to at least have them check out your heart and make sure that your BP is not out of control. At least if you know that, you can then proceed with taking a xanax and know you are not masking symptoms.

Also, I became very sensitive to caffeine after stopping Cymbalta, so if you are drinking it, perhaps you should cut back on that too. Also, eat multiple small meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar regulated. Just some ideas to help. But don't be afraid to go get medical help, this is not just in your head, it does cause physical issues.

#7 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Re: Have You Missed Any Work?
by tired08 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:43 pm

I am on day 5 with no cymbalta and day 3 of beginning lyrica for my fibromyalga and I feel horrible.

tired08 - this is from one of your original posts, did you continue with the Lyrica?

I can only imagine it would be hard to tell if the Lyrica helped in the beginning especially if you added it in right after stopping the Cymbalta?

#8 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

Hi tired08
Have you thought at all about going to a health food store and getting some calming tea for the anxiety? Also look into nutritional supplements, they have helped me balance my systems I believe some the prescription drugs are not as severe.

Remember this is not you it is the drug causing these side effects upon you. Keep talking to your husband about what is going on and what you are doing, keep him in the loop. Also keep checking in here on this website and let us know how you are doing so we can be supportive for you. We are here for you, to help you make it through this and you can and will make it, many have and many more will!

Remember you are not crazy, you are not alone!

Jeff

#9 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

No, I'm not taking the lyrica, I think after the 2nd or 3rd day and things started going haywire, I quit it. I wasn't on anything but supplements like a multi-vitamin powder, omega 3, b complex and vitamin D. i am seeing someone who specialzies in Fibro and CFS and she put me on all these supplements. She saw how miserable I was when I started seeing her in about week 4 of withdrawal and she wanted to put me back on Cymbalta for quality of life purposes while she worked on building my immune system and using her treatment protocol, but I refused. I've called them and they have basically just looked at whether the supplements could be causing it but the likelihood of that is slim. She won't really address the heart issue. I just pray that no permanent damage has been done. I'm considering going to the emergency room just to have them check me out again. I went in week 3 and my ekg was ok then but I wasn't having all the heart racing then. Then I thought I was having a full blown heart attack, which turned out to be an anxiety attack I guess. I didn't really know what that was at the time. I was supposed to have a stress echo next week but received a card in the mail yesterday stating that my appointment has been changed to May 8th. I don't know if I can wait that long. If I don't go to the emergency room today, I will definitely call the cardiologist tomorrow. Somebody has got to check me out. My PCP seemed to think as long as it didn't go up over 125 I was ok. What kind of thinking is that? I think he just doesn't know what is wrong. I worry because I have to drive my children back and forth to school and driving adds more stress. I told him yesterday that I need him to stay at home but that is pretty unrealistic. I just don't know what else to do. My husband has left work early so many days and taken off that he can't continue to do that since he is the only one employed. Thank you all for your concern and for responding to me. Its hard for me to believe that this has turned out so bad, all because I wanted to see if I could function without the drug. As miserable as I am, I do believe that there is a purpose for this. I don't believe God would allow it, if He wasn't going to get the glory in the end. It's just probably the most difficult thing I've ever experienced in my life because you don't know the outcome or how long its going to last. I am so happy for all of you that have made it through and are doing fine now. Thanks for coming back and letting us who are still struggling know that there are some positive outcomes. I wish more would come back. When I'm done I definately will because I firmely believe that is one of our purposes in life is to help others especailly if you've been through something they have.

#10 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:08 PM

No, I'm not taking the lyrica, I think after the 2nd or 3rd day and things started going haywire, I quit it. I wasn't on anything but supplements like a multi-vitamin powder, omega 3, b complex and vitamin D. i am seeing someone who specialzies in Fibro and CFS and she put me on all these supplements. She saw how miserable I was when I started seeing her in about week 4 of withdrawal and she wanted to put me back on Cymbalta for quality of life purposes while she worked on building my immune system and using her treatment protocol, but I refused. I've called them and they have basically just looked at whether the supplements could be causing it but the likelihood of that is slim. She won't really address the heart issue. I just pray that no permanent damage has been done. I'm considering going to the emergency room just to have them check me out again. I went in week 3 and my ekg was ok then but I wasn't having all the heart racing then. Then I thought I was having a full blown heart attack, which turned out to be an anxiety attack I guess. I didn't really know what that was at the time. I was supposed to have a stress echo next week but received a card in the mail yesterday stating that my appointment has been changed to May 8th. I don't know if I can wait that long. If I don't go to the emergency room today, I will definitely call the cardiologist tomorrow. Somebody has got to check me out. My PCP seemed to think as long as it didn't go up over 125 I was ok. What kind of thinking is that? I think he just doesn't know what is wrong. I worry because I have to drive my children back and forth to school and driving adds more stress. I told him yesterday that I need him to stay at home but that is pretty unrealistic. I just don't know what else to do. My husband has left work early so many days and taken off that he can't continue to do that since he is the only one employed. Thank you all for your concern and for responding to me. Its hard for me to believe that this has turned out so bad, all because I wanted to see if I could function without the drug. As miserable as I am, I do believe that there is a purpose for this. I don't believe God would allow it, if He wasn't going to get the glory in the end. It's just probably the most difficult thing I've ever experienced in my life because you don't know the outcome or how long its going to last. I am so happy for all of you that have made it through and are doing fine now. Thanks for coming back and letting us who are still struggling know that there are some positive outcomes. I wish more would come back. When I'm done I definately will because I firmely believe that is one of our purposes in life is to help others especailly if you've been through something they have.

I am so sorry that you are still feeling so bad. If you feel at ALL at risk, go to the ER. Better to have them say you are fine and send you home, than to ignore something serious. If you don't go to the ER, you need to call the cardios office and tell them you can NOT wait until May 8th. The stress of coming off of this stuff, plus worrying about your heart, is just becoming a viscious cycle, and you can't continue feeling like this.

I DO think Cymbalta has some effects on the heart, because I was supposed to have an outpatient procedure done, and couldn't because my ekg came back funky, and I ended up having to have the nuclear stress test to check it out. It came back okay, but still, it is odd that I had the funky ekg too.

Please, take some quick action, don't make yourself wait and worry. Also, post back to let us know how you are doing, okay?

#11 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

Ok went to the emrgency room last night, pulse was 114 lying still , bp 177/89. They did an ekg, gave me oxygen, put me on a heart monitor and gave me an aspirin. They ran some other blood tests and they don't have a clue as to what is wrong. However this particular doctor didn't deny that this could be caused from the cymbalta withdrawl. bad enouh that something could be wrond but not bad enough to keep me. I waa dehydrated and low potassium they gave me something for that and sent me home to see the cardiologist which is what I was trying to do before going to the ER. So here I sit today waiting on the call from the cardiologist. I do have some good news though. My appointment with the psychiatrist got moved up to today. So maybe she'll find out if this Celexa is making my blood pressure go up and have some more answers.

The nurse was kind of funny though, she kept telling me and my husband how I needed to have a glass of wine and relax, which was funny because in the past my husband has often said that because I don't drink. He always tells me I don't know how to chill. I can't imagine drinking on top of medication which was her recommendation along with other relaxation methods, like walking, painting or anything I find relaxing. She was very nice just different.

#12 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

It does seem odd to have a nurse tell you to drink while coming off of a psychotropic med, but hey, I'm not a doctor, and they do say wine has many benefits! I'm glad you went to the ER, and that you are pursuing this. You just don't want to mess around with your heart. Even if it isn't Cymbalta or Celexa related, it is at least good to find out what is going on, and get it taken care of. You have to feel some sense of relief. I take 2 meds that can lower potassium, and I'll tell you, when those levels get low, it can make you feel nasty all over, and it is nothing to mess around with. I try to drink lots of OJ and eat foods rich in potassium, but I've also taken supplements in the past.

Keep us posted on what the cardio has to say, and how your appt goes with the new psychiatrist. Good luck, and keep hanging in there!

#13 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:06 AM

I was also going to mention my heart, and it racing or my heart beat seems to very noticeable. It feels like its beating out of my chest and at those times my chest feels heavy. No pain, so I have not been to the ER. During those times I also feel winded and breath alittle heavier and most of the time it is when I lie down at night. I started feeling this way after I started weaning off the Cymbalta. Today is day 10 without the Cymbalta, and the brain zaps have been very minimal, THANK GOD!!! When I am completely exhausted I am plagued with head explosions. I have had no more angry outbursts since Saturday night, but I am sure, I have more episodes of something, waiting for me....LOL This is a very informative site here, thanks Schmb01.

#14 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:40 AM

I also see you talking about Potassium, but I have not read everything in its entirety, but a few times, while on the Cymbalta, I would eat about 10 bananas in 3-4 days. Since weaning off the Cymbalta, I have not had as much a craving for bananas, but I seem to have pain in my joints, sore muscles, and my back ITCHES!! I seem to be weaker physically, than what I used to be. I am taking MSM, fish oil, a cheap brand of Omega 3, a daily vitamin, a B complex and was taking Kava on and off, but I am thinking Valerian Root may be a better choice since it does not have the warning about liver damage, like the Kava does. More water and excersie is something I am working into my daily routine this week. It may not help but it sure cant hurt.

#15 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:55 PM

Hey Lori! No, I don't take potassium right now, but since I take 2 powerul diuretics, I have to have my blood checked to make sure it isn't low. I just drink OJ and try to eat foods that are good sources for it. That doesn't have anything to do with the Cymbalta though.

I hope you are doing well, and feeling a bit better each day.

Babby

#16 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

Tired08, I also went to the ER yesterday. I had chest pains, chest pressure, I felt I could not breath, and yes, they started an IV, put me on the heart monitor, started oxygen, did blood work, chest xrays, gave me 4 baby asperin ( I think it was baby asperin), and my blood pressure was GREAT, as was my EKG and oxygen level.....everything came back NORMAL. They did a thyroid test, tested for blood clots....nothing. They chalked it up to anxiety.

Now for the embarassing moment, I had ALL DAY LONG!!!! Very long moment....BUT after I went to the ER yesterday, I came home, my boyfriend had just gotten in from work and informed me they had to work today because their truck broke down on Monday and they had to go home. I guess I had my heart set on spending Friday with him like I always do....so rather than just being dissappointed and leaving it at that, I had to accuse him of everything under the sun. He was meeting another woman, spending the day with another woman....went to bed because I just could not stand myself anymore. I got up this morning, still dissappointed, but hey, it was ok. My chest continued to hurt, breathing seemed shallow.....about as shallow as me.....and started texting him bad stuff. He even called me to calm me down!!! I heard the saw in the background. Wasn't good enough. I KNEW he was at work but I would not shut up!!! I kept on and on and on. Finally I got up, wearing the same clothes I wore all day yesterday and slept in all night, and went to see if his truck was where it is every day, when he meets his crew to go to work. Not good enough. I was so angry I wanted to beat him up. Beat him up? FOR WHAT???

I told him to get ready, I was on my way to the little town they were working.....I was coming to well, excuse the phrase, but to whooop his ass!! He called my Mama and my daughter to check on me. I would not answer their phone calls. I was a wild, messed up woman on a mission. He laughed at me, when I told him I was on my way to beat him up....but he is a pretty big boy, and I'm not a violent person, but he laughed good naturedly, but that fueld my anger!!! When I got to his job site, I could not do that to him, so when he smiled at me, I flipped him off and kept on going. I thought that was a nice christianly gesture. Three times, I ignored 'smart slaps' from God. I guess I was on a mission for the devil. First I passed a church with the sign saying..."Faith is a journey, let it start here." Read it, cried about it, and kept on going. I stayed in the area he was working, for the first part of the day. I just drove around. Second, I came up on a church, that said "Your words are the window to your heart"........well in that case I am OF the devil, after the words I spoke to my boyfriend. He had already invited me to sit with him during his lunch break, via test messaging. I had gone there, attitude blown out of porportion, I got upset and drove away, then decided to go back, and harrass him some more at his job site!! I never bother him with his job. I pulled into yet another church, to decide whether or not I could behave myself and go see him again, I looked over under some trees and there sat a picnic table, with a sign that said, "Come, sit, relax and leave all of your burdens here" Just the simpleness of it, caused me to break down in sobs, but the anger in me, slammed on breaks, and went and harrassed him some more. I came straight home after that but continued to send him mean and accusing test messages. I wanted to go have myself commited but am afraid they will put me on a medication and I DONT WANT THAT!!!! If I dont get help, I am going to end up loosing the only man that has taken as much as he has and stood by me. Not to mention my mind, my creditbility, possibly his job. I realize I made a short story long...lol but guys, I am at a loss as to why I have become this animal. I wanted to go home today, I didnt want to go home, I went to the beach and sat a while, I could not find any peace. I felt as if I was running from myself all day, and that scares me because is suicide next? I know where I should have stopped, at the adorable picnic table, but I know God can hear me now, if I pray, but that place was so special, as if it was put there for me.

Usually when I start to close out an email, blog, post....etc, I start rambling, trying to close it up.....so I will shut up and end the story of my screwed up day, right here!
PS. Now that most of the zaps are gone, I am left with the symptoms I mentioned above, too, my head is killing me, my body feels as though I have been run over, I am freezing and I want to cry everytime I open my mouth. Does this sound normal, as far as having weaned off the Cymbalta in a months time, and now I have been Cymbalta free for 13 days?

#17 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

Lori, you may have to talk to a doctor about getting some medical intervention. You may be one of the ones that benefits from taking Prozac or Celexa to help you with this. Please, read the other posts on that topic. There is nothing wrong with needing some medical help, and you can't continue feeling like this.

Please, read the other threads and talk to a doctor about this, I think it really will help you.

Babby

#18 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

Thanks Babby, I think my biggest fear is the Prozac, which is what I was taking when I took 25 darvocett in '99. I told my Mama I was afraid to be commited because the first thing they will do is put me on medication and at this point, I am terrified of the meds. I am still angry today but am trying to keep my mouth shut, and when his coworkers come over to work on vehicles, I will try and keep a low profile and work with my flowers and plants or something. I just dont know why I am so angry.

#19 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

Lori, I am so sorry to hear that you are having this terrible time. I don't wish this on anyone. The physical and the mental symptoms lasted about 6 weeks for me. I was pretty mean to my husband and kids and that is so not me. My husband is 6'8 and I tried to beat him up. I spanked my kids during this time, actually punched my son which I had never done before. So withdrawing from this drug can be pretty ugly. About 8 weeks I started the rapid racing, pounding heart beat. I have been given Xanax somewhere around 4 weeks so I took that sparingly when the anxiety was bad but was afraid of being addicted only because of what I've read, I've never had any addiction problems before. I just read about everything now. I refused to uninformed about what I am putting in my body like I was when I started anti-depressants originally. About 10 weeks out when I thought things were about to get better I got hit with this debilitating depression. I was unable to function. The main things I needed to do were take my kids back and forth to school and prepare a meal for them. I couldn't do that.I went into my PCP and told him I needed help. He put me on a low dose of Celexa 20mg which only made the anxiousness worse and I couldn't sleep. He told me to cut it in half and to hurry up and get an appointment with a psychiatrist because they had more experience in working with these types of meds. I had been looking and all were telling me it would be months before I could get in but by the grace of God the day after I left the emergency room I got a call from one who had a cancellation. I went in that day to see her. I'm not exactly comfortable with her treatment but I don't know what else to do because I couldn't continue to walk around in the state I was in. She has me taking ATivan 3 times a day to control the rapid heartbeat which she thinks is anxiety and Wellbutrin for the depression. Her goal is to remove the ativan when the wellbutrin kicks in in about 3 weeks. We'll see what happens. I just pray that by that time I am not addicted to the Ativan and have to have some crazy withdrawal from that. I don't think my body could take it. If you would have asked me 3 months ago what my life would be like now I never could have come up with this.

I am also seeing a cardiologist and had a stress-echo test on Thursday and will see him this coming Thursday for results. My prayer is that there is nothing seriously wrong with my heart. But that is really a two edge sword because if there is nothing wrong with my heart, then that means I'm left with this awful anxiety that hopefully can be controlled. I've read about people being on anti-anxiety medicine forever. I pray this is not the case for me. You know Cymbalta is indicated for major depressive order, generalized anxeity disorder and neuropathic pain. I was taking it for the neuropathic pain associated with Fibromyalgia, but it seems its left me with the other two conditions he treats, depression and generalized anxiety, ummmmh!

Lori, hang in there but if at anytime you feel like you can't take it get help. Don't try and be a superwoman like I did. I think it cost me. I wish I would have gotten help earlier and maybe I would be better now.

#20 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

Lori - If this is not how you have ever reacted or behaved before, you need to let everyone know around you that you are feeling really off from the Cymbalta withdrawal and that you need their support. And, you need to get with a doctor. And I understand the fear of seeing one and what they might give you. Your doctor should be a partner with you in this, and unless you are in serious dire straits, you may benefit from another antidepressant without being hospitalized!

I read your story and felt like I could have written it about two months ago, with different events. Coming off of Cymbalta turned me into somebody I had never known before. Going to another antidepressant briefly was what I know saved me and helped me to regain my ability to reason and function.

I had gone through the physical withdrawal of Cymbalta, but in my case, my emotional health was down the tubes like you described. That is no way to live. I had never taken any antidepressant before Cymbalta, so it was really hard for me to accept that I had to take something else that might have horrible withdrawal too to get over this - I am off of the second antidepressant, and coming off of that was 2000% easier than Cymbalta, and I am antidepressant free, intact, mentally and emotionally stable, taking each day as it comes. It does get better.

Please, if you are not feeling better today, or are not seeing improvement every few days, please, get with a doctor you trust to help you get through this. You don't have to suffer or destroy the relationships you have.

#21 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:10 AM

Lori, please listen to SarahJ, she has been there. I feel lucky that I was able to do this without meds, BUT, I talked with SarahJ at length about taking Prozac, in fact got a couple from my Mom, and was ready to take it if I had to. Sarah has had enough experience that she helped me make some decisions, and I have seen her come out of her "dark place" over these last few weeks. It is the drug that has messed you up, and it doesn't make you a weak person to get help, it makes you a strong person for realizing that you need it.

tired08, hang in there, sometimes it takes a few changes to find what will work for you, but you will find something. If you aren't comfortable with this doctor, go ahead and try to find someone else. You can continue the current plan until then. You are ultimately in charge of your health, although I know right now it doesn't feel that way. Again, it is the drug that has altered your brain.

Maybe both of you could take some of the ideas here to your doctors and talk to them about it. Just some ideas.

#22 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

I sincerely thank all three of you for your replys. I even sent them via email to my parents. I cried about them first, because I AM NOT ALONE!! Yesterday, I felt so alone. I have been the same today, even though I said in this mornings post, I wouldn't, but I was mean. Well, more like scared to death. Afraid of what? My boyfriend had to go to Auto Zone with his friend and he ASKED ME TO GO....I declined, but after 15 minutes went by, my heart started racing, I was terrified with him not here. I called him and let him hold it with both barrels, then 45 minutes passed and they had stopped by my parents house, and well, I fired a few more angry words at him for not being here. ONLY after I started working on my flowers did I calm right down, asked him to come over there to where I was, and told him I was sorry. But I have promised my parents and I promise you, Monday morning, I will have some kind of help. I am going to have to take my chances, tell whom ever treats me my past history with all the drugs and hopefully, I will get the correct treatment and be able to stay at home and not have to be committed. If anyone is interested in seeing my flower garden, you can click here http://www.myspace.com/blueskies62, click on pics under my default photo, go to the 2nd page of photo albums and you will see the photo album, My flower garden built with love. Yes, I know they are boring, BUT they make me happy and I posted a blog about how I have been feeling, and why I post pictures. Have an awesome weekend, and thank you from the bottom of my heart. Babby, I hope you had a better day, yesterday and today.

#23 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

Lori, just hold on until Monday; you will get the help that you need. It is hard, one of the hardest things to do, because it is an addiction. If your flowers make you happy and feel peaceful, then spend as much time there as you can. Also, try not to focus on being committed, it may be that you are causing yourself further anxiety there, and that is making things worse. If prayer works for you, then pray. If soft music helps, then use soft music. Put in lighthearted movies, silly comedies, anything to keep your mind light until Monday. You can do this.

#24 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

You three ladies are so helpful and thank you does not seem quite enough, but thank you so much. Today, when I cursed my boyfriend for being at my parents and not being home with me, they all heard me. My deacon Dad, my WMU director Mom and my sister. No one has ever heard the words from my mouth, but they did today. I think it was Sarah J who suggested my family and friends know whats going on BUT I think they heard it first hand via my boyfriends cell phone. My sister has been over here all afternoon. I read to her your responses and she was surprised at the responses. She was pleased. I wont be alone at all tonight or tomorrow, and Monday morning, I will have some sort of help or atleast the start of getting help. This evening we had to run to Home Depot, and he made me pick out more flowers, I guess with it helping, the more the better....LOL I will keep you updated on what I find out Monday.

#25 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

Good Lori!! I'll be thinking of you! Oh, the melatonin is helping me sleep. So, I drink the tea with valerian and take a melatonin, and so far so good!

#26 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:38 PM

Also Lori, remember if you get too anxious and can't wait until Monday morning, there is always the emergency room. I also agree that it is a good idea to focus on something you enjoy and not focus on the thing that has you so down, hard to do I know, but I think that is working for me some now. I skipped my mid day dose of ativan today accidentally because I had friends over and by the time I remembered I said I might as well wait until the night time dose and when I took my pulse it was at 79 which is pretty low compared to what it has been. I think sometimes when you go through something like this and you've never experienced anything like this before you get scared as hell and you tend to let that fear consume you. You don't know when the end will come. You don't know if you'll ever feel normal again. At least it consumed me but I read some scripture and biblical writings on healing on April 23rd. They instructed me to pick a day and claim that I am healed and from that day forward just thank and praise God for the healing I've already received. It said to no longer prayer for healing but to claim the healing that has already occurred. I still have a road ahead of me but I think it has helped with the anxiety. The anxiety that I have been having was almost worst than the withdrawal. I'm believing God for my healing your healing and anybody else's healing who is going through this. I pray that what this drug does to people is made known, if for no other reason than you know what you might be in for if you decide to take it, because this is serious stuff.

I know there is no way we will ever know, but I would be real curious to know the percentage of people who come off of Cymbalta with no problems at all and why it effects some so much more dramatically than others.

#27 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

Thanks Babby, and I am so glad the melatonin is working for you. I know the value of a good nights sleep. I hope you are feeling better and enjoying your weekend. I told my sister yesterday that I had stated I would be drinking alot more water and start excersising but its hard to do that when you are out harassing someone and making their life a living hell. LOL NOT funny, but we did laugh about it. After me setting out to beat up my boyfriend Friday, that evening when he got home, he was trying to get me out of bed, he was behind me and I kept pushing his hands away from me, and I slung my arm back somehow and I knocked him square in the nose, HARD, but God knows, I did not mean to. But she and I got a laugh out of that too, cuz I accomplished what I set out to do. But she was just trying to get me to laugh. Today we will be going to church and running a couple of errands. Did any of you feel jumpy and alittle confused or out of sorts when in a public place? My sister stopped to look at a cool 60's lamp for her daughter, and my boyfriend was helping her find the price and then a saleman came up to help them and I felt I had to get some where else and took off for the flowers and plants. I did not think it was that noticeable but I heard him ask if I was ok when I darted away. Was just wondering if you ever felt that way.

I will have to find out more about what you are talking about, Tired08, in regards to setting aside a day. I am still alittle hard understanding some things, but maybe later this afternoon I will have alittle more sense about me and reread it. I am happy this is working for you. How is your husband and children handling all of this? Are they still supportive of you? I know God will never leave me, but like you and Babby both mentioned, I may be focusing on things, such as being commited, the anger consuming my thoughts and the fear of loosing my boyfriend over something Cymbalta is causing. I think that is why I talk so much about him, fearing he will leave me and my being so thankful he has stuck it out this long. But I have to focus on things that make me happy in order to get well.

I am having alittle trouble thinking right now, so I am going to go get a shower, and get ready for church. God bless you, my support team and know you mean so much to me.

#28 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:12 AM

Lori - If I read your posts correctly, you have been off of Cymbalta for 17 days, right? How did you come off, cold turkey, or did you wean down off of it and also from what dose did you come off and how long did you take it? Sorry, bunch of questions. My old doc dropped me cold off of 30 mg cold turkey, I didn't find this board until I was about 21 days into this mess and all my old doctor kept telling me was that what I was feeling didn't exist and wasn't real. So I kept telling myself I was fine, hoping that it would be true. But in my case, my old doctor who knew nothing about Cymbalta withdrawal did not wean me down. There is no way to know if weaning would have made any difference for me.

Hang in there, I am here to tell you, that things do get better.

You are smart to keep people around you, especially ones who can help you keep your mind off of everything. Because it is frightening to not feel like yourself, but this is temporary. And, you are not forsaken, remember that. I intentionally isolated myself, waiting to feel right again, that is not a good thing to do, because you need to get your mind off your mind right now. Don't isolate, watch funny things on tv and GARDEN.

I worked in mine yesterday, I am a perennial kind of woman. Annuals are pretty, but they are bunches of work! Plus, I live in an area that is very salty from Bay exposure, so I have to plant things that enjoy sandy soil and salt air. I tried to look at your photos of your flowers, but I could not figure out how to get to them. But you do have a lovely family!

#29 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

Hi Sarah J, I took my last Cymbalta April 12th, so I think this is day 15. I started out taking 60mg the first part of December. I was increased to 90mg the first part of January. I was taken back down to 60mg the middle of February. I really dont remember the reasons why. I had a procedure done August 10th, called Her Option. You can look that up on the internet. A month prior to the procedure, my doctor put me on 30mg of Provera, which is 3 times the daily dose. I took this for a month against the pharmacists wishes. I was on a roller coaster ride from hell. To make a long story short, I was told this roller coaster would last about 6 months. I was put on Xanax, Welbutrin, Lexapro, then Cymbalta. I ended up loosing an excellent job in December.

March 10th I started emptying alittle more granules out of the capusles, and I tried to keep aproximately the same, for a week at the time. April 12th was my last one. The brain zaps have pretty much gone away, thank God. I do want to be isolated but I know I can't be. After church this morning, my parents took us to lunch. My boyfriend is working on a drainage thingy, in the yard and after I am done here, I plan on going over to my neighbors, whose husband is helping my boyfriend. Then tomorrow, as I promised my parents over lunch, I am calling for help. I have calmed down alot with the advice you ladies have graciously given me....such as worrying over stuff.

You made a statement in an earlier post about whether or not this behavior had happened before. I have always had a jealous tendency, insecurities within myself, but nothing like this. I have never cursed and flipped out, nor have I ever wanted to hurt or threatened to hurt anyone before, even when my ex husband beat me for 13 years. Too, both husbands, yes I have done it twice, cheated on me. So there is my jealous tendency. If we can see the silver lining in this, my anger coming to a head like this, could actually be the beginning of me getting over my past, which would kill two birds with one stone. ;)

I am having trouble sitting for very long, and it takes a while for me to think of what I am trying to say, I feel like NOW I AM ADHD....LOL What else? But I thank you from the bottom of my heart,for your comment about my family, they are my life. I am so blessed and it hurts not to be able to enjoy what God has given me. But like you said, its just temporary and if nothing else, I must hang on to that. When you click on the link to myspace, right under the tiny picture of my grandchildren, which is my default picture, it should say 'pics'. Once it takes you to my photos, I have many many many photo albums, on the 2nd page of my photo albums, there is one with the picture of a purple pansy on it, which is entitled, My flower garden built by love...thats my little flower garden. I will be back in just a bit to finish what I was trying to say. Thank you Sarah J.

#30 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

Its hard to say if weaning would have been any better for you or not. I know its rough either way you go, but I have no idea as to what you went through. I am extremely sorry your doctor was no help to you, at all. Mine wasnt either, really. I mean, I did not go back to him once I started weaning, and the reason I did not ask for his assistance is because when I asked him, if Cymbalta would effect me the way Effexor did, when I came off it it, he told me, no, that the withdrawal side effects are nothing like Effexor. Boy was he wrong, I lived through both of them.....well I have not yet survived the Cymbalta but I am sure I will.

I can almost tell when someone has prayed or is praying for me. Sometimes during the day, I am so calm and FEEL NORMAL. But right now, my boyfriend is outside talking to a coworker and I am angry. Why? I dont know. Mama said it may be because he has a 'life' and I feel like I dont. Maybe that is it, but I am angry, and dont want to be angry when he comes in the door. He deserve a happy, smiling, loving woman.

Enough of that subject.....as far as my flowers, most are anuals. I did not want to spend much money because I have lost my job and I guess I feel guilty. I planted quite a few anuals, but then he picked up some perennials as seeds and I have planted them in little plastic containers, my anuals came out of and so far they are sprouting right nicely. This is the first time I have dealt with flowers so I am new to this but loving it!! As you may see from my pretty boring pictures.....LOL BUT they make me so happy. I check on them about every 2 hours, just to make sure they are ok. I wonder if there is a message board for being addicted to flowers? :)

I hope you have a wonderful evening and had a great weekend. Oh yea, since it seems Cymbalta seems to cause every ailment I have......I wonder if it has caused me to need a root touch up quicker. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users