• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 coco12

coco12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

It has been 85 days that I have been off Cymbalta and yes I still expirence the heart palpatations. Not nearly as much as I did before though. I just wish there was a easy and safe solution to the problems we are all expierencing.

#32 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

The soonest I could be seen through our Mental Health Agency is May 12th, but they asked me alot of questions, and told me if things got too bad, to go to the Crisis Center, BUT I would be hospitalized if I went there due to the answers I gave. They told me I need to be there Wednesday morning at 8:00 as a walk in. They were expecting too many walk ins today and were afraid I would not get seen, so I will be there in the morning, take a couple of books with me until I am seen. They said they can not guarantee I will not be hospitalized, but like you said, Babby, I cant dwell on that....I have to relax knowing, I am going to get help.

Yesterday I was still so angry, but this morning I just feel drained from fighting the urge to harrass him at work. But I stayed home and did not bother him, not even with text messageing. I kept going to bed, to escape my anger and thoughts, only to be plagued with nightmares.

They asked me a question yesterday that I did not know how to answer. I was telling them I was suffering from Cymbalta withdrawals and she asked if I was addicted. I told her no, that it was the withdrawals. But are we addicted? Is that the problem? I dont feel like I need it, but I do feel like I need something but it wont be Cymbalta, not in this life time.

#33 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

They asked me a question yesterday that I did not know how to answer. I was telling them I was suffering from Cymbalta withdrawals and she asked if I was addicted. I told her no, that it was the withdrawals. But are we addicted? Is that the problem? I dont feel like I need it, but I do feel like I need something but it wont be Cymbalta, not in this life time.

The medical profession likes to call withdrawal from antidepressants "discontinuation syndrome".

We aren't addicted to Cymbalta like somebody is addicted to painkillers. With painkillers, you will do anything to get your painkillers to feel better. With Cymbalta, you know that it has messed with your system, but you don't want to take it anymore.

We all took a chemical that changed our brain chemistry. Now that we aren't taking it, we all have different brain chemistry and our brains will readjust, but because we are all different, there is no "magic" number of days to feel better. That is why some people feel better in days, some just a week and others longer.

Because you are having problems after being off Cymbalta, that doesn't mean you are an addict. It only means your body chemistry is having a hard time figuring out what to do without the Cymbalta.

#34 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:05 AM

It has been 85 days that I have been off Cymbalta and yes I still expirence the heart palpatations. Not nearly as much as I did before though. I just wish there was a easy and safe solution to the problems we are all expierencing.

coco12 - congratulations on getting this far. What have your doctors said about the heart palpatations and did you get them checked out?

Other than your heart palpatations, how are you feeling otherwise?

#35 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

OK, JUST came back from cardiologist. He says my heart is strong and fine and the stress test came out great but he has no explanation for the racing heartbeat. He said that my pulse is lower than it has been on other visits and I said yes it is, but that's because I'm on Ativan. What happens if I stop taking the Ativan? I'm sure my heart will start racing again. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into Wellbutrin and not feeling the greatest yet. I'm hopeful though. I just want so desperately to feel good. I will continue to pray, walk and take vitamins and prayerfully I wlll have good news to report soon.

#36 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

Coco, how often are your palpatations? My racing heart started out sporadic at first and then it became constant. It's so amazing what this medicine does. I never had anxiety or a racing heart before this medicine and coming off of it I now do. You had it and was put on it but coming off of it causes the same symptoms you were trying to get rid of. I pray that something can be done about this and all other antidepressants, so that the withdrawal won't be so horrific. I guess when they're good they're good. but when they're bad they're ooh wee bad.

#37 coco12

coco12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

I am doing better in alot of ways, I can control my anxiety, I don't feel tired and sluggish all of the time and I am completely over the withdrawl . On occasion I still suffer from the heart palpations which the Dr. knows about but never seems concerned about it. Probably the thing that is the hardest for me is the memory loss and the delayed reaction when I try to think. If someone asks me a question it seems like it takes my brain forever to comprehend what they are talking about. I was not like this before taking antidepressants. I hope with time it will get better.

coco12 - congratulations on getting this far. What have your doctors said about the heart palpatations and did you get them checked out?

Other than your heart palpatations, how are you feeling otherwise?

#38 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:58 AM

How are you doing Coco12 and tired08? I hope you are doing much better now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users